News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

converse29

Island by Aldous Huxley. Check it out if you haven't already. I'm about forty pages in. This book depicts a paradise that is changed by a shipwrecked journalist with a flair for the sensational(as well as being corrupt). This is a simple way of describing the story. Any book you want to talk about folks. :-D :-D

Hicks

No way, I'm reading that too!   :-D
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

converse29

How about that. Now we can do the dance of joy!

sophist

I'm Reading "While Europe Slept" by Bruce Bawer
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jedifunk

Island is one of the greatest books i ever read!  after reading that i immediately stopped reading and havent read since then
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

Quote from: converse29 on December 12, 2006, 02:13:33 PM
How about that. Now we can do the dance of joy!

:lol: +K for the Perfect Strangers reference.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

converse29

Quote from: ikki on December 12, 2006, 02:36:26 PM
:lol: +K for the Perfect Strangers reference.
From the Island of Mypos.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I just finished "The Curious Incident of a Dog In The Night" (I think?)  By Mark Haddon.

FUCKING AMAZING BOOK. 

I highly encourage everyone to read it.  It's such an easy yet classic read.  Uplifting good stuff.

I'm in the middle of "A Tale of Two Cities" which I paused to read the Haddon book...it's kinda good...but I don't really get it....it's my first Dickens experience. 

converse29

The latest National Geographic has some amazing information on the planet Saturn(and photography).

PhishJY

Playboy....

For the articles.  :-D
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 12, 2006, 03:12:22 PM
I just finished "The Curious Incident of a Dog In The Night" (I think?)  By Mark Haddon.

FUCKING AMAZING BOOK. 

I highly encourage everyone to read it.  It's such an easy yet classic read.  Uplifting good stuff.

I'm in the middle of "A Tale of Two Cities" which I paused to read the Haddon book...it's kinda good...but I don't really get it....it's my first Dickens experience. 

Dickens=most overrated ever, IMO.  He takes so much time to say so very little, zzzzzzzzzzz.

sophist

I equate dickens novels to a homosexual experience, its something no real man should ever experience  :-o  :evil:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: ikki on December 12, 2006, 03:51:05 PM
Dickens=most overrated ever, IMO.  He takes so much time to say so very little, zzzzzzzzzzz.

yup.

but he's worthwhile imo just for writing "A Christmas Carol"

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: phan003 on December 12, 2006, 03:56:27 PM
I equate dickens novels to a homosexual experience, its something no real man should ever experience  :-o  :evil:

Suit yourself...

I would love to experience a lesbianic homosexual rendezvous.  :banana: :samurai: