News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/12 - The Mann - Philadelphia, PA - Post-Show Discussion Thread

Started by mehead, August 12, 2015, 11:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mehead

Listened to whole show last night, guess i need to relisten to Stash...so many of the 3.0 Stash sound recycled that I tend to drift away when listening to shows

but yes, Cities and It's Ice are the goods
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

Love the patience during this twist jam, jam goes places!!  :clap:

cactusfan

Cities and Scents were my favorites in this one. Twist is excellent too, though i think Shoreline tops it. i've always been a fan of Twist, it's fun to see it get such a workout this tour.

It's Ice has a great breakdown, but like the last version, Trey is awfully shaky on the rest of the song.

jedifunk

ooh, ooh, quick! lets slap some labels on this twist!!!!! whatda we got??? type 7? 3.0??

seriously though, this is my kind of phish jam ... love that it builds through some spacey, ambient-y worlds before making its way into that great jam at the end...

sadly though, i really really REALLY hate the return into twist... REALLY.

they should have just gone straight into s&ss
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mehead

FINALLY about to give this a re-listen. 

I honestly can't remember being this psyched to spin a show for a first listen / re-listen.

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

nice jamming in this one, Cities, Gin, No Men, Twist.  Twist may be the jam of the tour hitherto, nice ride.  No Men rivals if not bests the Forum version.  Gin is another straight up hose w/ Trey playing very FTW inspired lines.  Cities is dank.  Listening to Twist as I type, no whale rather more Fukuoka like ideas/expressions. 

gainesvillegreen

Going to have to disagree on this Twist.
Couldn't care less if I ever hear the first 16:30 of that version again.
From then on to around 18:40 is really good, special, even, given what came behind it and for them finding it after all that time, but there are a dozen more sequences on this tour that deserve higher mention and I haven't even heard it all.

Great show, loved to have been there, but....no on this Twist.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

jedifunk

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 13, 2015, 10:02:07 PM
Going to have to disagree on this Twist.
Couldn't care less if I ever hear the first 16:30 of that version again.
From then on to around 18:40 is really good, special, even, given what came behind it and for them finding it after all that time, but there are a dozen more sequences on this tour that deserve higher mention and I haven't even heard it all.

Great show, loved to have been there, but....no on this Twist.
i feel you on this ... this twist is good throughout IMO but reaches that special place only around the time you mentioned.  that said, thats all it takes to make a jam legendary. think about the 7/10/99 chalkdust for example, it only has about a 2-3 space where its truly special, but those 3 minutes are GLORIOUS and it rightfully finds its place in the pantheon of epic phish jams.

i have to relisten but i 'may' have enjoy the fuego from the night before slightly more on first listen of both.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

strong show

I'm going to agree with a couple of prior posts made regarding other shows - it would be really nice if Trey could play the composed parts properly (Itsnot, I think), and also nice if the segues were smoother (jedi)

that said, this tour is at least 5 steps in the proper direction.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

WillBreathes

I am pretty convinced Fishman is a robot.  I was locked into him during Stash.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

Buffalo Budd

Holy shit, this 2nd set has the meat. I just made it through finally and I would have been picking my face up off the floor. Distinct jams in each song, great selection, patience and execution. They do it so well in every song, nothing really stands out (cept maybe the Twist)
Pure buttah!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

this gin is pretty awesome they sink into a beautiful jam right out of the composed section.
2nd set is good stuff. this tour is very listenable even 2 months after. love it!  :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: