News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 12, 2021, 03:15:15 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 12, 2021, 01:58:46 PM
I ordered my LP on LP from Music Direct a few weeks ago.  Assuming that order is still good.  They were 24.99 each/free ship.  How much was dry goods?

$21 a piece or both for $39.

Nice, it's not a big difference, but that's a fair price. $25 is pushing it but seems to be the norm for new albums. $39 for 2 is solid.

Hicks

Quote from: susep on April 26, 2021, 11:39:21 AM
^^^^ preordered

in other vinyl news, finally a release schedule for the acoustic sounds jazz series:

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/verveume-acoustic-sounds-series-launches-impulse-60th-anniversary-may-14th-two-essential

Here?s the release schedule June through December:

June 25

? Oliver Nelson ? The Blues and the Abstract Truth (Impulse!, 1961)
? Sonny Rollins ? On Impulse! (Impulse!, 1965)

July 30

? Bill Evans ? Trio 64 (Verve, 1964)
? Bill Evans ? Trio 65 (Verve, 1965)

August 20

? Charles Mingus ? The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady (Impulse!, 1963)
? Charles Mingus ? Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus (Impulse!, 1964)

September 10

? Ella Fitzgerald ? Ella Wishes You A Swinging Christmas (Verve, 1960)

September 24

? Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong ? Ella & Louis (Verve, 1956)
? Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong ? Ella & Louis Again (Verve, 1957)

October 22

? Bill Evans ? At Town Hall, Volume 1 (Verve, 1966)
? John Coltrane ? ?Live? At The Village Vanguard (Impulse!, 1962)
? John Coltrane ? Crescent (Impulse!, 1964)

November 19

? Duke Ellington & Coleman Hawkins ? Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins (Impulse!, 1963)
? Oscar Peterson ? Night Train (Verve, 1963)
? Oscar Peterson ? We Get Requests (Verve, 1964)

December 10

? Duke Ellington & John Coltrane ? Duke Ellington & John Coltrane (Impulse!, 1963)
? John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman ? John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman (Impulse!, 1963)
? Roy Haynes ? Out Of The Afternoon (Impulse!, 1962)

These are peak analog times!

Got the Gil Evans yesterday and it?s dope. Tone Poet level quality and my local spot was selling it for $28, which seems like a bargain these days. 

Looks like the rest of the series will be killer. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

Quote from: Hicks on May 15, 2021, 07:15:03 PM
Quote from: susep on April 26, 2021, 11:39:21 AM
^^^^ preordered

in other vinyl news, finally a release schedule for the acoustic sounds jazz series:

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/verveume-acoustic-sounds-series-launches-impulse-60th-anniversary-may-14th-two-essential

Here?s the release schedule June through December:

June 25

? Oliver Nelson ? The Blues and the Abstract Truth (Impulse!, 1961)
? Sonny Rollins ? On Impulse! (Impulse!, 1965)

July 30

? Bill Evans ? Trio 64 (Verve, 1964)
? Bill Evans ? Trio 65 (Verve, 1965)

August 20

? Charles Mingus ? The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady (Impulse!, 1963)
? Charles Mingus ? Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus (Impulse!, 1964)

September 10

? Ella Fitzgerald ? Ella Wishes You A Swinging Christmas (Verve, 1960)

September 24

? Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong ? Ella & Louis (Verve, 1956)
? Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong ? Ella & Louis Again (Verve, 1957)

October 22

? Bill Evans ? At Town Hall, Volume 1 (Verve, 1966)
? John Coltrane ? ?Live? At The Village Vanguard (Impulse!, 1962)
? John Coltrane ? Crescent (Impulse!, 1964)

November 19

? Duke Ellington & Coleman Hawkins ? Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins (Impulse!, 1963)
? Oscar Peterson ? Night Train (Verve, 1963)
? Oscar Peterson ? We Get Requests (Verve, 1964)

December 10

? Duke Ellington & John Coltrane ? Duke Ellington & John Coltrane (Impulse!, 1963)
? John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman ? John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman (Impulse!, 1963)
? Roy Haynes ? Out Of The Afternoon (Impulse!, 1962)

These are peak analog times!

Got the Gil Evans yesterday and it?s dope. Tone Poet level quality and my local spot was selling it for $28, which seems like a bargain these days. 

Looks like the rest of the series will be killer.

Yeah pretty psyched for this series.  Great companion series to tone poet and the BN classic series.  Picked up both Gil Evans and the Ray Charles on Friday.  Already looking forward to next month!

edit - spun Gil Evans last night.  Sounds amazing, much better than my previous version.  Love the glossy gatefold sleeve as well.  Ron Carter sounds amazing as does the guitarist, Ray Crawford.  Definitely a foreshadow of Miles' fusion era work. 

mattstick

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Interesting that the LP on LP releases are $28/ea if you order with your mail order entry

mattstick

Additional shipping costs?

Hicks

Yeah shipping is included with the ticket order add on. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Not sure why these guys have such a hot title like the new MBV reissue on sale, but I've ordered from them before and they are legit.

https://monstermusicsc.com/UPC/887830016056

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on May 23, 2021, 12:31:02 AM
Not sure why these guys have such a hot title like the new MBV reissue on sale, but I've ordered from them before and they are legit.

https://monstermusicsc.com/UPC/887830016056

Thanks, ikki! I didn't grab the MBV, but there were a few of the Khru Remixes on there I was looking for!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

There is a new 7inch on Bandcamp that I would like to recommend.
https://jmhart.bandcamp.com/album/bs-blues-b-w-cranes-song

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

I'm sure you've seen already, but I grabbed a copy. Good stuff!