News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Primus 'A Tribute to Kings' Tour 2020

Started by mistercharlie, February 18, 2020, 02:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Quote from: VDB on February 19, 2020, 09:46:07 AM
Quote from: Hicks on February 18, 2020, 04:02:38 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird to cover another band's record every night for an entire tour?

I mean unless you're DSO or something, but just seems like kind of a bad look to turn your established band into a tribute act.

You're not the only one.

Get a room, guys.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird to cover another band's record every night for an entire tour?

I mean unless you're DSO or something, but just seems like kind of a bad look to turn your established band into a tribute act.

You're not the only one.

Make that three.
I'd love to see Primus, would not want to see them cover Rush.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

khalpin

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 19, 2020, 11:22:11 AM

You're not the only one.

Make that three.
I saw them cover Cygnus X-1 back in November and it was pretty damn cool.  Although, they ended the song right when the vocals were about to start.  Not sure how that would've gone down.

But Phish fans saying that covering another band's album is weak?  You guys sound like Billy Joel.

mistercharlie

The pre-sale has started: http://primusville.com/#tour

I got my ticket for the Indy show.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

pcr3

Quote from: khalpin on February 19, 2020, 11:34:01 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 19, 2020, 11:22:11 AM

You're not the only one.

Make that three.
I saw them cover Cygnus X-1 back in November and it was pretty damn cool.  Although, they ended the song right when the vocals were about to start.  Not sure how that would've gone down.

But Phish fans saying that covering another band's album is weak?  You guys sound like Billy Joel.

One time versus every show on tour is a huge difference.  That being said, I FUCKING LOVED seeing the Frog Brigade perform Animals.  That show was a top life experience for me.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

anthrax

Rush and Primus are both significantly important in the musical evolution tree...I get this.  However, this tour doesn't interest me in the least.  But, I am finding this thread thoroughly entertaining,  so thank you all for that!

mopper_smurf

Quote from: anthrax on February 19, 2020, 02:20:11 PM
Rush and Primus are both significantly important in the musical evolution tree...I get this.  However, this tour doesn't interest me in the least.  But, I am finding this thread thoroughly entertaining,  so thank you all for that!

Our intent is your delight.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mehead

Quote from: anthrax on February 19, 2020, 02:20:11 PM
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

I'm mostly just impressed by the massive amount of dates! Imagine if our band still did that!
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 19, 2020, 05:21:26 PM
I'm mostly just impressed by the massive amount of dates! Imagine if our band still did that!

And all of the oddball places that they are stopping. I miss when our band did that.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

The new dates for this tour are out now. The Indy show is outside on September 16th. The venue is a 3 block walk from my hotel, so I get free parking.

Unless Phish Tour happens, this will more than likely be my first Post-COVID concert.

pcr3

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 27, 2021, 12:49:16 PM
The new dates for this tour are out now. The Indy show is outside on September 16th. The venue is a 3 block walk from my hotel, so I get free parking.

Unless Phish Tour happens, this will more than likely be my first Post-COVID concert.

Bostom on 9/24, eh?  Interesting... :-o
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mistercharlie

To quote Neil Young... "Tonight's the night"!

The wife and I are heading to dinner after work and then to the show, since the venue is two blocks from both of our jobs!

Never heard The Sword before, though.

PIE-GUY

QuoteTo quote Neil Young... "Tonight's the night"!

The wife and I are heading to dinner after work and then to the show, since the venue is two blocks from both of our jobs!

The Sword is an Austin band - more specifically, they are a classic Red River band from the days when Red River meant something... If you're not from Austin, I realize that's gibberish but there was a time in Austin when a trip to Red River meant hearing some fresh heavy metal from a band of locals. The first time I saw the Sword was at Beerland. 

Anyway. They are not going to shatter your mind, but they definitely rock. Singer sounds a lot like early Ozzy. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

QuoteTo quote Neil Young... "Tonight's the night"!

The Sword is an Austin band - more specifically, they are a classic Red River band from the days when Red River meant something... If you're not from Austin, I realize that's gibberish but there was a time in Austin when a trip to Red River meant hearing some fresh heavy metal from a band of locals. The first time I saw the Sword was at Beerland.

Anyway. They are not going to shatter your mind, but they definitely rock. Singer sounds a lot like early Ozzy.

All right, sounds cool. The wife likes Sabbath so she may enjoy them more than Primus!