News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Biking Thread

Started by Buffalo Budd, August 20, 2019, 08:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

I couldn't find a thread dedicated to biking of any sort on here so thought I'd start one in hopes of getting opinions on what I should be looking for in my next ride.
I used to be heavy into mountain biking in my late teens/early twenties but then took on other hobbies like surfing, longboarding, etc. I recently sold a couple of my old bikes and am looking to upgrade to an all mountain bike. I love downhill but my options are limited in this part of the country so just need something for all styles of trail riding. I'm hoping to get something in the $1,000 range so probably a Specialized, Rocky Mountain or something along those lines.
Any suggestions from experienced riders here on what I should look for (brand, components, etc.)?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Ton of action in this thread.  :-o
I ended up dropping some loot on a 2020 Specialized Pitch Expert.
Stoked to get out on the trails this Spring.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

I ride my bike to work. Does that count?
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mattstick

I also ride to work, 7.5km with an 800m elevation drop. The money I save on transit I use to buy records.

Bonus: it's great for social distancing.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 14, 2020, 06:56:06 PM
Ton of action in this thread.  :-o
I ended up dropping some loot on a 2020 Specialized Pitch Expert.
Stoked to get out on the trails this Spring.

Nice.  I am looking at getting a new mtb this season.  Pretty sidelined right now with a sprained knee.  Typically I would be training hard for the race season, but all the events have been cancelled so even if I wasn't injured, there's no racing for a bit.  The last few years I have been focused on road, but I'm getting back to the dirt this year.  It's just too much fun.  Is the riding good where you are?  I would imagine it's pretty flat but also guessing there are some great trail networks?

Buffalo Budd

Yes, I ride to work (last few years on my longboard due to my bike being completely crap).

The trails are actually pretty decent around here. I had been out of the game and was pleasantly surprised with how much time and effort has been put into it. I have some short runs about a km from my house but if I load the bike up and drive for 30 mins, we have some amazing technical trails that I'm stoked to give a try this Spring. I've ridden with my brother in law out West and they have some world class stuff that pushed me out of my comfort zone.

jam>

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 15, 2020, 09:00:04 AM
I ride my bike to work. Does that count?

What are you in Holland or something??

I ride to work too. 18 miles round trip twice a week (if it's 45ºF or above). Keep me fit and sane.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 16, 2020, 09:59:28 AM
Yes, I ride to work (last few years on my longboard due to my bike being completely crap).

The trails are actually pretty decent around here. I had been out of the game and was pleasantly surprised with how much time and effort has been put into it. I have some short runs about a km from my house but if I load the bike up and drive for 30 mins, we have some amazing technical trails that I'm stoked to give a try this Spring. I've ridden with my brother in law out West and they have some world class stuff that pushed me out of my comfort zone.

Nice...  Yeah, western Canada has some burly stuff for sure. And the Rockies obv...

Buffalo Budd