News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

College Football 2014-2015

Started by zimbra, August 21, 2014, 05:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

I figured its about time to start a thread since games start next week. 

How does everybody anticipate the new playoff system to work?  I'm excited to see how it all unfolds. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Me too. No chance of an SEC champion. People will shitting themselves come November-December.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

No chance? Wouldn't the playoffs only increase the chance?
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 21, 2014, 07:05:23 PM

I think they're all gonna beat up on each other. No one is truly elite like some of the recent teams of the SEC. It probably won't happen, but I won't be shocked if there isn't an SEC team in the playoffs this year.

Bobafett

Quote from: antelope19 on August 21, 2014, 09:55:10 PM

I think they're all gonna beat up on each other. No one is truly elite like some of the recent teams of the SEC. It probably won't happen, but I won't be shocked if there isn't an SEC team in the playoffs this year.

Blasphemer!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

zimbra

I think I understand where you're going here.  Alabama and LSU (a few of the recent years) were true powerhouses. (I don't think Auburn last year is one of them)  The playing field seems to have leveled a little bit in the SEC.  I think the Pac12 has a lot of strength this year.  Also, Florida State definitely has a shot of making it.  Braxton Miller's injury was also huge.  Ohio State would have been salty. 

I will go ahead and say that I think OU is overrated.  Definitely comes down to QB play and our secondary.  I think the defense will be raw, I can't wait to watch them play.  DGB getting approved will be huge if it happens and really change our offense.  I think we're top 15 but not #4.  With that being said, I am beyond pumped.  Season tickets already purchased.   
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Quote from: Bobafett on August 21, 2014, 11:52:48 PM

Blasphemer!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I really just want to watch my father-in-law's head explode.   :samurai:

Is it really that far fetched though?  5 power conferences, 4 bids. 

VDB

Bama shall be considered a contender until results dictate otherwise. The West also seems to be good for a surprise team or two in recent years. The ongoing relative weakness of Georgia and Florida bodes well for South Carolina, who runs out a new starting QB this year and always seems to have one boneheaded loss that keeps them out of the division title.

But, given the various scenarios in play I see the SEC being represented as being still quite likely, which means in a playoff there's a solid chance of a championship.
Is this still Wombat?

Bobafett

I'm so ready for this year.  I hope my bulldogs can come out firing and I hope dak Prescott has another great year as a tru leader.

And fuck those black bears of oxford!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

antelope19

Quote from: Bobafett on August 22, 2014, 10:25:22 AM
I'm so ready for this year.  I hope my bulldogs can come out firing and I hope dak Prescott has another great year as a tru leader.

My wife is fired up for this year as well.  I'm not gonna say Top 10 finish or anything, but after watching this team steadily improve over the last few years, I think for the first time in a while there is reason for optimism in Oxford, MS this season.  They will play well and surprise a few teams this year.  If Wallace (and this is a BIG if) can play reasonably well and cut down on the gunslinger mentality, they could make some serious noise in the SEC west this year.     

Bobafett

Quote from: antelope19 on August 22, 2014, 10:34:02 AM

My wife is fired up for this year as well.  I'm not gonna say Top 10 finish or anything, but after watching this team steadily improve over the last few years, I think for the first time in a while there is reason for optimism in Oxford, MS this season.  They will play well and surprise a few teams this year.  If Wallace (and this is a BIG if) can play reasonably well and cut down on the gunslinger mentality, they could make some serious noise in the SEC west this year.     

My bro and I went to the egg bowl last year.  One of the best games I've seen in person.   Bo Wallace belongs in Sunnyvale trailer park.

zimbra

I love when Texas gets beat like that.  How's Austin feeling this week, PG?  (you aren't a texas fan are you?)
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

i think this is UO's year... with mariota back and the defense strong as well, i think we could do it.

especially after beating the mich st silly in the 2nd half last weekend.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Quote from: Bobafett on August 22, 2014, 11:02:04 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on August 22, 2014, 10:34:02 AM

My bro and I went to the egg bowl last year.  One of the best games I've seen in person.   Bo Wallace belongs in Sunnyvale trailer park.

Bo dirt!

Quote from: jedifunk on September 09, 2014, 10:49:44 PM
i think this is UO's year... with mariota back and the defense strong as well, i think we could do it.

I was really impressed with Oregon this weekend after watching most of that game.

zimbra

Quote from: jedifunk on September 09, 2014, 10:49:44 PM

I think UO is the legitimate #1 right now.  That second half of football was quite impressive.  I'm a strong component of the "we have no idea who is #1 cause its only week 2" philosophy...but.. If I were to put money on somebody it would be Oregon. 
- Trey Anastasio