News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Buffalo Budd

Should I be ashamed that I never knew that's what incel stood for?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 09, 2020, 08:52:15 PM

I should be ashamed that this was the first time I've heard the word.  :|

Don't these kids have D&D? When we couldn't get laid we played D&D, you got to kill things and take out your aggression in a very productive and imaginative way. Hell, you could even sleep with a bar wench... as long as you rolled 16 or higher on a D20!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Not ashamed, but it is key to note the number of fucked up societal problems that people 15-20 years younger than us are experiencing in real time.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on June 10, 2020, 12:14:31 PM

Not ashamed, but it is key to note the number of fucked up societal problems that people 15-20 years younger than us are experiencing in real time.

Well, there have been some emotional chats with my oldest daughter from Ethiopia as her IG blew up last Tues.
Does not compute to an innocent 10 year old.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

It's rough out here lol.

Nah but those types of terms are more an internet phenomenon. Mostly from Tumblr, Reddit and 4chan. Another popular one along with incel is cis-gendered.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mistercharlie

Quote from: ph92 on June 10, 2020, 01:32:34 PM

It's rough out here lol.

Nah but those types of terms are more an internet phenomenon. Mostly from Tumblr, Reddit and 4chan. Another popular one along with incel is cis-gendered.

At least I've heard and know that one.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

So incels are generally misogynistic and hate women.

Cis-gendered is someone who identifies with the sex they were born as.

Not really comparable in terms of fucked up societal issues.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 10, 2020, 01:19:11 PM

Well, there have been some emotional chats with my oldest daughter from Ethiopia as her IG blew up last Tues.
Does not compute to an innocent 10 year old.

I could see that. Gonna be a long road, but y'all are the right people to travel it with her. It's love. It always was. It is and it always will be love.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ph92

Quote from: mattstick on June 10, 2020, 06:04:30 PM
So incels are generally misogynistic and hate women.

Cis-gendered is someone who identifies with the sex they were born as.

Not really comparable in terms of fucked up societal issues.
Eh, there's a "type" that goes along with a cis-genered. I was referring to when people use it like this urban dictionary definition.

Quote from: urbandictionaryShort for cis-gendered, meaning someone who identifies with the sex they were born as. Typically used by whiny tumblr users who complain about not being accepted for who they are and yet bash these "cis" people for being born and being okay with the sex they were born with.

But Tumblr is also dead now, so who cares.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

anthrax

ytowndan

That looks great!  Thanks for the heads up!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Buffalo Budd

Can't wait.
It's crazy he filmed everything throughout those years.
Almost like he knew it was going to be a tragic story.

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd