News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 11, 2020, 10:49:57 AM
I think I own a few picture discs but I have no interest in getting more.
Waste of shelf space.

That's enough surly bullshit from me.

Is it a good sign when your wife send you links to various Kallax configurations?

It is. She';s a keeper. But you already knew that.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 11, 2020, 10:49:57 AM
I think I own a few picture discs but I have no interest in getting more.
Waste of shelf space.

That's enough surly bullshit from me.

Is it a good sign when your wife send you links to various Kallax configurations?

I have a Bowie pic disc for The Man Who Sold the World, it sounds like shit. After that, I dont buy pic disc anymore.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

I looked into it further and I guess the new Junta splatter is not in fact a new cut.

Caught up in the hype, lol.

It's cool though, it does sound amazing and now I can keep my OG minty. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 11, 2020, 09:23:33 AM
Started to write this in the Sigma Oasis thread but really more a Vinyl thread question:

Is there anything special or interesting about split-color or splattered pressing when every fucking album has a split colored or splattered pressing?

I recognize that these tend to be limited but does that really reflect in the aftermarket pricing and, if you don't sell records, why does that even matter?

How many versions of Junta exist now?

I think phish has enough money, but if an artist offers a color variation through their own store that makes them more money, I can see that. Also, if that's the only way to get a new remastered pressing for an out of print record I'll take it every time. This happens with RSD pressings sometimes.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

mopper_smurf

This new arrival is "custom colored". I had no idea that the Canadians did not have a word for this shade of blue. Great album though.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

August

I flipped a few things recently that were colored or "exclusive" that I have a perfectly fine black copy of.
People pay a ton for some shit.

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 11, 2020, 04:49:22 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 11, 2020, 09:23:33 AM
Started to write this in the Sigma Oasis thread but really more a Vinyl thread question:

Is there anything special or interesting about split-color or splattered pressing when every fucking album has a split colored or splattered pressing?

I recognize that these tend to be limited but does that really reflect in the aftermarket pricing and, if you don't sell records, why does that even matter?

How many versions of Junta exist now?

I think phish has enough money, but if an artist offers a color variation through their own store that makes them more money, I can see that. Also, if that's the only way to get a new remastered pressing for an out of print record I'll take it every time. This happens with RSD pressings sometimes.

I get this.

Quote from: August on September 12, 2020, 04:29:34 PM
I flipped a few things recently that were colored or "exclusive" that I have a perfectly fine black copy of.
People pay a ton for some shit.

I don't sell records. I'm a record collector.

Augustus

I'm an opportunist.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

This is just in. Custard Flux ‎– Oxygen

https://www.discogs.com/Custard-Flux-Oxygen/release/15908156

QuoteLimited Edition of 100. Gold&Grape vinyl.
Oxygen is the third Custard Flux release. Nearly all of the music on this album was recorded during the first few weeks of the Great Quarantine of 2020, which had a definite influence on the songs, and has become apparent to me as I sit here listening to the final mixes. Fortunately for me, the lockdown time was very productive. I'd like to dedicate these songs to all of the people world wide who lost their lives to the virus.

I'm eternally grateful to have a home recording studio, and the musicians involved had to have access to recording equipment as well. Files were shared, but thankfully none were sterile, and all were inspirational. The remotely recorded tracks were then mixed with my own, and mastered in Rabbithole Studio, Detroit. I Feed The Fire appears on the Echo Bonus CD, but this version has been remixed and features an alternate guitar solo by Vito.

Many thanks to Vito Greco, Timothy Prettyman and Walt Prettyman for their much valued input, Mars Williams (Psychedelic Furs, Liquid Soul) for playing saxophone, and to Gregory Chamberlin for the beautiful cover artwork.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mistercharlie

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 10, 2020, 05:06:31 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2020, 09:04:08 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 01, 2020, 08:34:15 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2020, 07:42:55 PM
VMP three month subscriptions are $60 right now.

September Essentials is gonna be Spritualized Ladies and Gentlemen, so yeah you probably don't want to miss that.

Well damn, I just cancelled for the month because I didn't want John Mayer, and was only moldy interested in Prince Paul. However, I was expecting to resubscribe to get Spiritualized and Buena Vista. So I'm back in.

The Prince Paul is dope, moldy or not.

HA! Just now seeing this. Should've been "Mildly". I ended up resub-ing and grabbed Prince Paul. I'm glad I did too, because a few days ago I was able to finally grab a VMP pressing of Handsome Boy Modeling School. REALLY happy about getting one of those!  Plus, now I've also got Spiritualized and Buena Vista coming too!

Just got my copy of Spiritualized today. Sounds fan-fuckin-tastic! I only had time to listen to one side while throwing dinner together, so I played side-D, of course.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 16, 2020, 08:12:25 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 10, 2020, 05:06:31 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2020, 09:04:08 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 01, 2020, 08:34:15 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2020, 07:42:55 PM
VMP three month subscriptions are $60 right now.

September Essentials is gonna be Spritualized Ladies and Gentlemen, so yeah you probably don't want to miss that.

Well damn, I just cancelled for the month because I didn't want John Mayer, and was only moldy interested in Prince Paul. However, I was expecting to resubscribe to get Spiritualized and Buena Vista. So I'm back in.

The Prince Paul is dope, moldy or not.

HA! Just now seeing this. Should've been "Mildly". I ended up resub-ing and grabbed Prince Paul. I'm glad I did too, because a few days ago I was able to finally grab a VMP pressing of Handsome Boy Modeling School. REALLY happy about getting one of those!  Plus, now I've also got Spiritualized and Buena Vista coming too!

Just got my copy of Spiritualized today. Sounds fan-fuckin-tastic! I only had time to listen to one side while throwing dinner together, so I played side-D, of course.

I forgot I had that.  Have only played it once.  Need to bust it out again.

mistercharlie

In addition to the Sigma Oasis vinyl being put up on Dry Goods, they have also restocked the splatter Junta.