News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Congrats caravan on the new ax.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 24, 2020, 05:41:24 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 24, 2020, 02:56:27 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 24, 2020, 02:24:56 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 24, 2020, 01:58:50 PM
Anyone putting energy into the RSD drops for Saturday?
My 'local' doesn't appear to have one thing that I want (Melanie with The Incredible String Band) but I'm going down for a couple of other things.

Didn't really see anything.  Also bought a new guitar so my record budget is shot for a while.

what'd you get?
I just ordered a new bone nut and electronics form old squire Strat.

Got a 2000 Tele (American Standard).  Have a strat but wanted to learn some chicken picking' so figured I would go all in and get a twang machine.  It was a good price. Figure I can always sell it for what I got it for if I decide to.  Got it on Reverb, it showed up on Monday and I dropped it off for a set-up on Tuesday.

Sick. Been eyeing Teles myself.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 24, 2020, 02:33:49 PM
My 'local' doesn't appear to have one thing that I want (Melanie with The Incredible String Band) but I'm going down for a couple of other things.

I want the Primus album, but I'm not heading to my local shop for it. It's in a part of town that doesn't think COVID exists. I'm going to try grabbing it from a shop online.

I want the Hendirix 7", but that's US only... But one of my local shops might have one..
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 25, 2020, 12:48:35 AM

I want the Primus album, but I'm not heading to my local shop for it. It's in a part of town that doesn't think COVID exists. I'm going to try grabbing it from a shop online.

I want the Hendirix 7", but that's US only... But one of my local shops might have one..

Can you tell me anything about this: https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/12183 that isn't already in the copy?
I feel like I should grab it?

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 25, 2020, 10:24:07 AM

Can you tell me anything about this: https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/12183 that isn't already in the copy?

Nothing new. Just a follow-up on the 50th anniversary of the Band of Gypsys album and the Songs die Groovy Children box set. But I am completist and a sucker for Jimi singles.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 25, 2020, 05:31:54 PM

Nothing new. Just a follow-up on the 50th anniversary of the Band of Gypsys album and the Songs die Groovy Children box set. But I am completist and a sucker for Jimi singles.

I meant the "VARIOUS ARTISTS - Behind The Dykes: Beat, Blues and Psychedelic Nuggets from The Lowlands 1964-1972"

mistercharlie

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 16, 2020, 08:12:25 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 10, 2020, 05:06:31 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2020, 09:04:08 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 01, 2020, 08:34:15 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2020, 07:42:55 PM
VMP three month subscriptions are $60 right now.

September Essentials is gonna be Spritualized Ladies and Gentlemen, so yeah you probably don't want to miss that.

Well damn, I just cancelled for the month because I didn't want John Mayer, and was only moldy interested in Prince Paul. However, I was expecting to resubscribe to get Spiritualized and Buena Vista. So I'm back in.

The Prince Paul is dope, moldy or not.

HA! Just now seeing this. Should've been "Mildly". I ended up resub-ing and grabbed Prince Paul. I'm glad I did too, because a few days ago I was able to finally grab a VMP pressing of Handsome Boy Modeling School. REALLY happy about getting one of those!  Plus, now I've also got Spiritualized and Buena Vista coming too!

Just got my copy of Spiritualized today. Sounds fan-fuckin-tastic! I only had time to listen to one side while throwing dinner together, so I played side-D, of course.

I finally got around to giving this a proper listen today while the wife was outside gardening. I had never heard this version before. I am so used to the cd I have from the 90's. When the album started and he was singing the whole Elvis part, I was confused at first. This pressing sounds fantastic, by the way.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

If anyone is out tomorrow... I'm looking for Booker T & The MGs McLemore Ave.  Don't make me pay a flipper on Discogs 'cause I'll fuckin' do it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on September 25, 2020, 08:05:01 PM

If anyone is out tomorrow... I'm looking for Booker T & The MGs McLemore Ave.  Don't make me pay a flipper on Discogs 'cause I'll fuckin' do it.

Is that a special pressing? It's pretty widely available.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 25, 2020, 06:00:15 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 25, 2020, 05:31:54 PM

I meant the "VARIOUS ARTISTS - Behind The Dykes: Beat, Blues and Psychedelic Nuggets from The Lowlands 1964-1972"

Sorry. Buy it. I have most of ithe tracks on that album. Weird stuff, but in a good way mostly.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

I love my local record store. Only two of these made it to the Netherlands and they had one. 2143/10650
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mattstick

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 25, 2020, 09:15:08 PM

Is that a special pressing? It’s pretty widely available.

I think it’s a new AAA pressing from Craft, pressed at MRP and LE 2500

EDIT
Looks like it's in the October drops :(

This special 50th-anniversary edition of the LP has been cut from the original analog masters by Jeff Powell at Memphis’ Take Out Vinyl and pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Memphis Record Pressing. The album comes housed in an old-school-style tip-on jacket, featuring the classic, tongue-in-cheek cover image of the band crossing McLemore Avenue.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mattstick on September 26, 2020, 06:42:20 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 25, 2020, 09:15:08 PM

Is that a special pressing? It's pretty widely available.

I think it's a new AAA pressing from Craft, pressed at MRP and LE 2500

EDIT
Looks like it's in the October drops :(

This special 50th-anniversary edition of the LP has been cut from the original analog masters by Jeff Powell at Memphis' Take Out Vinyl and pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Memphis Record Pressing. The album comes housed in an old-school-style tip-on jacket, featuring the classic, tongue-in-cheek cover image of the band crossing McLemore Avenue.

Want!
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mistercharlie

If anyone sees Primus 'Suck On This' today, I'd really appreciate somebody grabbing it for me. PayPal is set to send over cash!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 26, 2020, 03:42:48 AM

I love my local record store. Only two of these made it to the Netherlands and they had one. 2143/10650

I can't see your pics, did you get the Hendrix 7"?