News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 17, 2020, 02:16:17 PM
In addition to the Sigma Oasis vinyl being put up on Dry Goods, they have also restocked the splatter Junta.
Good thing I just bought one for $100 off of some rando.   :shakehead:

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Like buy on Discogs..?
Like selling on Discogs???

Things are changing and sellers are PISSED.
https://blog.discogs.com/en/shipping-policy-editor-changes/

The complexity of the new, required, selling policies are driving small sellers right off the platform.
Guess I'll have to go back to eBay. I fucking hate ebay.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 18, 2020, 08:27:55 AM
Like buy on Discogs..?

The complexity of the new, required, selling policies are driving small sellers right off the platform.

Agreed, such a piss off.
I sold my last record on discogs this Spring.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Like buy on Discogs..?

Well, at least it's still a good tool for keeping track of your collection.  :|
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Like buy on Discogs..?

That blows.  Really screwing things up.  I don't mind eBay and buy more there than Discogs, or at least 50/50 but it still sucks.  I sell less than 10 records a year so not concerned as much from that side, but obviously as a buyer, if all the sellers flee, it's a big problem.  I've been ordering more and more online directly from brick and mortar spots as well.

mattstick

I really got behind on keeping my Discogs up to date so I dumped everything and started over again and I'm 2/3 of the way through my stacks now...

A lot of the new release titles I bought from 2008-2015 are in the $150 median range - that's crazy. 

Also the prices on Grateful Dead vinyl are bananas, Europe '72 vol 2, Sunshine Daydream even the early Dick's Picks.

Biggest surprise in value so far is David Byrne Everything That Happens
https://www.discogs.com/David-Byrne-Brian-Eno-Everything-That-Happens-Will-Happen-Today/release/1741400

Hicks

Herbie Hancock VMP Anthology pre-order opens tomorrow, kinda interested. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on September 20, 2020, 10:58:02 PM
Herbie Hancock VMP Anthology pre-order opens tomorrow, kinda interested.

And current members will get $60 off if it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

If they get a few Blue Note titles, a few Columbia Miles Davis titles, Headhunters, then round it out with some VSOP and a latter-era Hancock title like The Joni Letters it would be dynamite.

But odds are there will be a few later-era titles, Fat Albert Rotunda and Future Shock.

If they're offering $60 off to new members it's gotta be expensive, right?

August

Quote from: mattstick on September 20, 2020, 10:20:18 PM
I really got behind on keeping my Discogs up to date so I dumped everything and started over again and I'm 2/3 of the way through my stacks now...

A lot of the new release titles I bought from 2008-2015 are in the $150 median range - that's crazy. 

Also the prices on Grateful Dead vinyl are bananas, Europe '72 vol 2, Sunshine Daydream even the early Dick's Picks.

Biggest surprise in value so far is David Byrne Everything That Happens
https://www.discogs.com/David-Byrne-Brian-Eno-Everything-That-Happens-Will-Happen-Today/release/1741400

Yeah, Euro 2 was like $30 at some point on Deep Discount or one of those sites. I bought three and sold one of those (opened) for like $150 last month.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on September 21, 2020, 11:32:47 AM

If they get a few Blue Note titles, a few Columbia Miles Davis titles, Headhunters, then round it out with some VSOP and a latter-era Hancock title like The Joni Letters it would be dynamite.

But odds are there will be a few later-era titles, Fat Albert Rotunda and Future Shock.

If they're offering $60 off to new members it's gotta be expensive, right?

Welp not super impressed, doubt Takin Off will be much better than the BN80 and I've got the SRX of Maiden Voyage and a clean copy of Head Hunters. Live Under the Sky and The Piano will be sick and I've never heard 1+1, but it sounds cool in theory. I'm not really in need of Future Shock and The River.

mattstick

Yeah I'm going to pass too, not really interested in dedicating that much more shelf space to Herbie albums that don't inspire me.

I love the Anthology experience but they need to go back to the label-inspired Anthology sets.  Blue Note Redux? Men of Motown?

Bonus content - I got the Giant Steps 60th Deluxe Edition for $37 on Amazon and it's dynamite.

Hicks

Yeah definitely need the Giant Steps RE, don't think I have the regular version. 

mattstick

The Verve/Impulse/+ etc Acoustic Sounds reissue series is looking good too - I grabbed Getz/Gilberto and I have my eye on the Nina Simone titles, along with the Coltrane Ballads to replace my 1974 repress.

mistercharlie

The new Fleet Foxes is up for sale on VMP.