News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

most overrated show

Started by jedifunk, March 05, 2005, 10:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPhishman

Oh yeah, got so caught up in defending Fukuoka that I forgot to make my underrated pick

Gonna go with Hicks on his original mention of the Tweezerfest show. I've only really dug it when heavily dosed.

Dayton '97 is sick.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

cactusfan

set 1 of Dayton '97 is one of my favorite first sets ever played.
set 2 is a relatively weak second set for fall '97.

i'm not sure if that makes it an overrated show or not. i'd sure like to see a lot more of fall '97 officially released.

whatapiper

Quote from: cactusfan on March 13, 2010, 12:04:27 AM
set 1 of Dayton '97 is one of my favorite first sets ever played.
set 2 is a relatively weak second set for fall '97.

i'm not sure if that makes it an overrated show or not. i'd sure like to see a lot more of fall '97 officially released.

ill agree with that, dayton set 1 is what dreams are made of, while set 2 was hot, it just could not live up to the heat of the first.

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

danje

Hicks

Dayton probably (definitely) wouldn't crack my top 5 of the tour either, BUT it's that kinda show where the setlist is perfection and it's got something for everybody, funk, bust outs, a couple jams.  Does that make it overrated? 

"So what, who cares?"

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

But seriously I gotta go 2/28/03, final answer.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Lifeboy

Quote from: Hicks on March 13, 2010, 01:05:23 AM
But seriously I gotta go 2/28/03, final answer.
Quote from: danje on March 13, 2010, 01:02:16 AM
12-11-1999

I'm going to have to agree with both of these.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

WhatstheUse?

12-07-97 is a sick, sick show... no doubting that...

BUT...... I will throw it in the overrated category simply because there are much better shows from fall 97 that don't get NEARLY as much hype as this one

Obviously it's because they released this as a LP download....(which I would never complain about)
Bring in the dude!

WillBreathes

Dayton 97 was hyped well before they released it.  I think I actually like the SBD that was traded better than the release.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

susep

most overrated Fall '97 show imo:

23Nov.   :-o

kellerb

Quote from: WillBreathes on March 13, 2010, 07:41:08 AM
Dayton 97 was hyped well before they released it.  I think I actually like the SBD that was traded better than the release.

This show falls under the "Early & Widespread SBD circulation-caused overratedness" category.  See gd77-05-08 for reference.

still awesome, though

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 13, 2010, 03:35:20 AM
12-07-97 is a sick, sick show... no doubting that...

BUT...... I will throw it in the overrated category simply because there are much better shows from fall 97 that don't get NEARLY as much hype as this one

Obviously it's because they released this as a LP download....(which I would never complain about)

yeah, I'm not saying I don;t like it (esp. the first set), but I don't think it is the holy grail some peeps make it out to be....

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: WillBreathes on March 13, 2010, 07:41:08 AM

oh yeah -- that's right.  I forgot a SBD already existed of this show....

either way, the heavily traded SBD definitely led to it's hype
Bring in the dude!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Hicks on March 12, 2010, 03:14:44 PM
Your mom's show is overrated.

It's highly underrated in my estimation.

:)