News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/26 - DCU Center - Worcester, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, October 27, 2013, 12:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 27, 2013, 02:00:18 AM
Didn't mean to disrespect that drummer or his previous accomplishments.

To be honest, I've never heard of him before and am unfamiliar with his music.

What I do know, is that there was no need for him to step on stage, completely unrehearsed with phish tonight. I felt that just made phish look unprofessional and it made him look embarrassing

It takes no music expert to see that that sit in was a train wreck. Dude didn't even realize he was playing possum at the completely wrong drum feel.
I'm just going to agree to disagree.

dude has played with miles davis.
do you think he was well rehearsed with murawski and burbridge a month ago on my recording?
think you are placing the blame on the wrong people.

fwiw, I hate sit ins and think they should never happen.  I just don't think I'd blame the person sitting in though.
but I can respect you disagreeing.  :beers:
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

blatboom

I don't doubt a word Scotty is saying

isn't BB King like a pretty well respected guitar player or something? how well-received has his sit-in been over the last 10 years

Caravan2001

I think the show sounds pretty sick. The Drowned is tits.  Need to listen to the whole thing. I thought the first set was solid but I didn't hear the first three songs.  I don't like Stash but they jammed this version.

WhatstheUse?

Drowned and light jams were def cool at times. Highlights of the show for surw
Bring in the dude!

Augustus

VDB

Maybe Fishman was just too tuckered out from all that rockin and no banana could revive him.
Is this still Wombat?

Augustus

Marmar

Wasn't a bad show....it had a couple moments.....

Someone should tackle the task of listening to each night consecutively, and take note of how many "jamz" this tour (hell this year for that matter) are pretty much exactly the same......2 chords, some syncopation, some effects, space/ripcord > next song.

Predictability......a new word in the Phish vocabulary.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

GBL

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 27, 2013, 01:05:43 AM
No one around me seems to agree but that was the possibly the worst phish show I've ever seen

That was, absolutely the most embarrassing sit in I've ever seen.

I hate to be the person that hates... Because I always hate that person...but here I am.

Phish is so unrehearsed it's ridiculous. The end of that mikes song was one of the most pitiful things I've witnesse. They completely GAVE UP.  I seriously felt like the band gave up on themselves multiple times throughout the night. They were completely indecisive at every questionable moment.

The band now expects trey to abort every jam.... And now when he doesn't it's like none of them no whether to stop or keep jamming or abprt or train wreck or what the fuck

Someone give this kid some Molly for Christ sake
If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

Also, youve seen a lot of shows in 3.0 and this is possible the worst??    :shakehead:

More interested in BM and PGs reviews now
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mehead

I agree with Scotty here.  The encore was an absolute dumpster fire. That was easily the worst Possum I've ever heard.  Embarrassing. Doesn't matter whose fault it is, it was a mess. 
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

Last night was fun, but it did not hold a candle to Friday. Last night was like one big case of blue balls. That Mike's was disappointing at best. I don't know what else to say.  The encore was just strange. I think everyone was hoping for one more song with Fish back on the kit, but it didn't happen. Blue balls, I tell ya.

Loads of potential, no release. But I had a blast... And it wasn't a bad show. Certainly not the worst show I've ever seen. It was just disappointing after that Friday night show that seemed like an old school Phish throw down.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

I needed the rest. So glad they didn't tear me up last night the way they did Friday.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.