News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-07-12 Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ph92, July 13, 2019, 03:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Since y'all seem to be lazy, discuss!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

SET 1: Sand, Tweezer > Free, Turtle in the Clouds, Set Your Soul Free, Lawn Boy, Camel Walk, Theme From the Bottom > Rift, Wolfman's Brother

SET 2: No Men In No Man's Land > Prince Caspian > Everything's Right > Roses Are Free > Also Sprach Zarathustra > The Wedge > Light > Plasma > Light > 46 Days, The Squirming Coil

ENCORE: A Life Beyond The Dream, Tube, Grind

This show was webcast via Live Phish. Mike teased Do You Feel Like We Do before Lawn Boy. Trey teased May The Force Be With You in NMINML
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

jam>

mbw

Ordered up the stream last night.
It was a solid show.

Caravan2001

ph92

Show was a lot of fun! First set was probably the better one in my opinion. The song selection and flow seemed a lot better. Tweezer jam was real nice and uplifting, nice touch for the number 2 spot. Theme definitely went there for me as well, really solid version there.

Set 2 was solid just pretty average though. At this point, at the amount of times they've played NMINML, I think there might be some men in no man's land.... Terrible jokes aside, Roses was real fun! Always love hearing that tune. 2001>wedge>light>plasma>light segment was real solid all around. 2001 was a dance party as always. Light>plasma>light was smoother than expected but definitely a very interesting sandwich, I really enjoy plasma. They played only good TAB songs this show. Coil composed section was a little flubbed but Page's solo was real done really well.

Encore was meh to start off. Most of the GOTF (AKA JFAP) songs I just cannot get into. Not to mention this one is really sad, at least it's a very beautiful song, just not in the closing spot. But they revived it with a standard tube and a grind to finish it off.

Overall, this show was a great way to start the weekend!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

shoreline99

Solid show. First set was ok, Wolfmans was high energy, and Turtle in the Clouds was fun. Second set highlights were the NMINML dance party and the 2001–>light sandwich (even with the wedge in there for you haters).

Triple tweeprise tonight.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Gumbo72203

This Tweezer is fucking great.  Real smooth quick transition into the major key modulation.  Very nice. 

Interesting that the track lengths have been dipping down lately, they're cramming a lot of songs.  Hasn't been a 15+ jam in over a week it seems.  I'm glad they're doing arrow segues though, I'll take more of those in place of forced 11 min jam abortions. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Caravan2001

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 14, 2019, 10:16:42 AM
This Tweezer is fucking great.  Real smooth quick transition into the major key modulation.  Very nice. 

Interesting that the track lengths have been dipping down lately, they're cramming a lot of songs.  Hasn't been a 15+ jam in over a week it seems.  I'm glad they're doing arrow segues though, I'll take more of those in place of forced 11 min jam abortions.

They've been saving up their load  :-o