News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

December '95

Started by anthrax, November 19, 2020, 08:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

QuotePHISH, SATURDAY 12/30/1995
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY
Soundcheck: Blues Jam, Drowned (x2), The Sloth, Funky Bitch

SET 1: Prince Caspian > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Suzy Greenberg > David Bowie, Simple > It's Ice -> Kung -> It's Ice > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Divided Sky, Sample in a Jar

SET 2: Ya Mar, Free > Harry Hood > AC/DC Bag > Lifeboy, Scent of a Mule > Cavern > Run Like an Antelope

ENCORE: A Day in the Life

Ya Mar included an Auld Lang Syne tease and Antelope contained a Gimme Some Lovin' tease from Page.

How to Own MSG - by Phish

1.  Wait to play here until you can sell out your first show in a day and surprise everyone
2.  Come back a year later and sell out 2 nights in a row
3.  Then return 10.5 months later in the middle of a tour and sell out 2 nights on a Monday and Tuesday
4.  Hold on for over a year before returning for 3 sold out nights in a row
5.  Starting to build a tradition, come back 1 year later for 4 sold out nights

khalpin

My first time at MSG for a concert (certainly saw many a Ranger game there previously).  We ended up having a couple of extra tickets.  Needless to say, it was not a problem getting rid of them.  My memory is a bit hazy on this one, although I remember hitting the Peculiar Pub before the show as a couple in our group lived across the street as they were attending NYU at the time.  As far as the show goes, we were way back in the 300s, so it was a Kuroda fest.  I remember being so fired up for the Kung in the middle of Ice and the "Stand Up" getting a huge response from the crowd.  The Auld Lang Syne tease in YaMar was certainly an instant classic and really the only other memory I have was the Hood.  My favorite  :phish: tune and quite possibly my favorite version.  Unfortunately, that's about all I remember from that night.  Interestingly enough, I had kind of taken a large sabbatical from Phish around the time of 2.0.  They just weren't playing tight anymore and I really soured on them and stopped listening to Phish for years.  I distinctly remember listening the Hood from this show while being on medical leave from work after surgery back in 2007 and that completely revitalized my love for the Phish and that's what led me to discover the greatest place on the internet and I've been wasting my time here ever since.  :beers:

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

birdman

Happy New Year Paugers!
12/31/95 We knew going into this night that the fuse that was lit in Worcester was nearing its explosive conclusion. I went in knowing this was going to be a spectacle. A few hits of white blotter with a Molly topper to get my head in the right place. You know the rest.
   If I had my choice of reliving one night of my life, it would be this one.
Paug FTMFW!

khalpin

Quote from: birdman on December 31, 2020, 06:43:06 PM
That's awesome

PIE-GUY

Quote from: khalpin on December 31, 2020, 07:22:34 PM
That's awesome

Yeah. Me too.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Chess.com currently shitting the bed.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 31, 2020, 08:39:26 PM
Quote from: khalpin on December 31, 2020, 07:22:34 PM
That's awesome

Yeah. Me too.

You guys are pretty lucky to have witnessed that throw down.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 12/31/1995
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY
SET 1: Punch You in the Eye, The Sloth > Reba[1], The Squirming Coil > Maze, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird[2] > Shine[3] > Fly Famous Mockingbird > Sparkle > Chalk Dust Torture

SET 2: Drowned -> The Lizards, Axilla (Part II) > Runaway Jim, Strange Design, Hello My Baby, Mike's Song -> Digital Delay Loop Jam

SET 3: Auld Lang Syne > Weekapaug Groove[4] > Sea and Sand, You Enjoy Myself, Sanity, Frankenstein

ENCORE: Johnny B. Goode

[1] No whistling.
[2] Narration discussed how Phish makes time in the Phish Time Factory.
[3] Phish debut; Tom Marshall on vocals.
[4] Unfinished.

Reba did not have the whistling ending. The narration in Mockingbird discussed how Phish makes time in the Gamehendge Time Laboratory, which set up the New Year?s Eve stunt. The Phish debut of Shine featured Tom Marshall on vocals. Trey teased Shine in Runaway Jim. Mike's Song contained a Dave's Energy Guide tease from Page. The second set ended with a Digital Delay Loop Jam out of Mike?s, and the third set opened with the Phish Time Factory machine. All four band members dressed as scientists playing with synths while lights flashed and Van de Graaff generators zapped. Fish was lifted up in a bed as Father Time and was reborn as the Baby New Year. Weekapaug featured Auld Lang Syne, Dreaming (Blondie), and Spooky teases and was unfinished. This was the first performance of Sanity since June 24, 1994 (147 shows). This show was officially released as New Year's Eve 1995 - Live at Madison Square Garden.

Fantastic show!  Happy New Year!!  :clap: :crazy: :beers:  :smoke: :rockout: :banana:

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3