News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

7/31 - Aaron’s Amphitheater at Lakewood - Atlanta, GA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, August 01, 2015, 12:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

07-31-2015
Aaron's Amphitheater at Lakewood
Atlanta, GA

Set 1: Prince Caspian[1] > No Men In No Man's Land, Ghost, The Wedge, The Moma Dance, How Many People Are You?, Rift, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Set 2: Kill Devil Falls > Martian Monster[2] > Twist > Back on the Train > Reba > Bathtub Gin[3]

Encore: Farmhouse > Character Zero

[1] Unfinished
[2] Trey played drums, Fish played bass and Mike played guitar
[3] Included whistling

Notes: Caspian was unfinished. On Martian Monster, Trey played drums, Fish played bass and Mike played guitar. Bathtub Gin included whistling a la Reba.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Itsnotanexperience

Really bummed I wasn't home to see this show!    A 23 minute KDF??   A 13 minute Ghost in the first set?   When was the last time that shit happened?

I have the show but even here in Cody, Wyoming, it's way too late to start digging into this tonight.

Hope it's as good as it looks:)

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

nab

Just listened to the second set.  Hard to find a real throwaway moment in the set.  Plenty more "Got Damns" than "Ah shits" from this listener. 

GBL

Hopefully ramz melted during this second set..

Looks sick on paper..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

wow
have listened to the KDF > martian monster and wow

KDF is sick
marian monster has some slop but the energy is through the roof
fuck yes

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 01, 2015, 08:54:08 AM
Word in the tweets is that this show was awesome.

Hoo boy, was it. Surprises abounding; hot fire left and right.
Is this still Wombat?

Lifeboy

Skipped straight to the KDF, and it definitely spits hot fiya. Sick jam.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

Can't wait to listen to this once my day-long tribute to Jerry is over... So, tomorrow.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

McGrupp

Aug saw my spun tweet and will prob never let me live what I said about "new era" down...

:smoke:

But during KDF I really felt like molds were being broken, they weren't just playing the "same old licks" or recycling jams, etc.

The movement is slow, but there is movement. Phish is finally reaching a point during this tour where I feel that while they are a totally different band than 1.0,2.0.... They are finally, not consistently creatively-static as they have been for much of this era. New sounds-- and they are good to my ears.

Hope tonight scorches.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Itsnotanexperience

The second set in SF certainly felt a lot different......confident and authoritative.

This show is pretty sick.

Ghost was pretty dark and KDF IS TITS.

Gin with Reba whistling?  Forget about it.

Phish is fucking back.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged