News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: sunrisevt on March 07, 2021, 10:45:55 PM

Holy shit do I feel old.

You're only as old as you feel... and holy shit are you old!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

I 'll note that the exigencies of weather and pandemic lockdown have greatly aggravated the 'feeling old' bit.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 08, 2021, 09:19:40 AM
I was shut out of night 1, but inside for this & tomorrow's dates 12 years ago. Randomly met Gumbo, tet, & aug over the weekend.

Also, 29 years ago this weekend were my 2nd & 3rd shows ever--Portsmouth, NH to open the spring 1992 tour. Tons of debuts, was bafflingly awesome.

Holy shit do I feel old.

(You are old)

You're only as old as you feel! (old)

kellerb

VA $l!m

watching 2 diff documentaries of phish lot last night, one from 99 and the other from 19 made me feel mad old. that 20 yr gap... whered it go?
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jam>

I was shut out of night 1, but inside for this & tomorrow's dates 12 years ago. Randomly met Gumbo, tet, & aug over the weekend.

Also, 29 years ago this weekend were my 2nd & 3rd shows ever--Portsmouth, NH to open the spring 1992 tour. Tons of debuts, was bafflingly awesome.

Holy shit do I feel old.

I saw the Fall 91 tour closer in Portsmouth, which was great (Forbins and Harpua in the same show), but always wished I caught them there the following Spring - a whole revamped band with the secret language and Rift songs and all. Yup, we're old!

tet

Holy shit do I feel old.

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

John and Halley don't come around much anymore.  :|
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sunrisevt

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 12, 2021, 12:02:15 PM
John and Halley don't come around much anymore.  :|

Yeah. They're both somewhat active on fb, doing their own thing.

In other long-lost 'pauger news, gimmetela showed up in my "You may also know..." line on fb this week.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

Holy shit, Bethel was 10 years ago.

I remember very little from this run - perhaps a slightly jammed out Halleys?

I do remember absolutely loving the venue and all around vibes of that place. Wish they?d go back.
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 27, 2021, 06:35:57 PM

I do remember absolutely loving the venue and all around vibes of that place. Wish they?d go back.

Yeah. It was special in so many ways, if not musically. I would give anything for another run at Bethel. But spac pays better, I think.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 27, 2021, 09:14:49 PM

Yeah. It was special in so many ways, if not musically. I would give anything for another run at Bethel. But spac pays better, I think.

More seats & way more lawns to throw around.

mattstick

Yeah I remember swerving hard to avoid a deer driving back after the show one of the nights...

"Page's House" in Makisupa, and an extended Runaway Jim intro come to mind if I think about it hard...

pcr3

Quote from: mattstick on May 28, 2021, 10:46:53 AM

Yeah I remember swerving hard to avoid a deer driving back after the show one of the nights...

"Page's House" in Makisupa, and an extended Runaway Jim intro come to mind if I think about it hard...

I also had to swerve pretty hard to avoid a deer after one of the Bethel shows.

Bethel also was my first attempt to meet up with a pauger IRL.  While I didn't connect with  :wtu: that day, I did catch my first Jauntee show about 2 weeks after Bethel.  The bus came by and I got on....
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3