News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

a couple times. It's pretty cool. I was reading about upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and how it'll use both the controller (lightsaber) and the nunchuk (force powers) and I am thoroughly excited for it now.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

antelope19

Ummm.....wow.  That looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun! 

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

The wii version with have an exclusive 'duel mode'

blatboom

is Halo 3 all it's cracked up to be?  i'm gonna get a chance to play it this saturday when I'm dog-sitting..

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: antelope19 on November 16, 2007, 10:42:35 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 16, 2007, 10:41:24 AM
* rowjimmy is likely to receive a wii for xmas...
meanwhile I'm rockin Star Wars Battlefront on my ps2.

Have you played the wii yet?  I've only had the pleasure of playing a handful of times at friends houses.  The thing is amazing. 
yea - my wife got me one for my b-day. so far, we've played the sports games. I haven't figured out the finer points yet, but it is pretty amazing.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

kellerb

Quote from: blatboom on November 16, 2007, 11:48:00 AM
is Halo 3 all it's cracked up to be?  i'm gonna get a chance to play it this saturday when I'm dog-sitting..

my roommate who's a big halo 2 buff likes it.  But he generally only plays the online multi-player.  I've heard the actual one-player game is mostly more of the same.

tet

halo 3 pwns.  single player is best yet, multiplayer is best yet.  you will love it.

and call of duty 4 is kickass as well.  single player is short (almost done with it), but multiplayer is really deep - almost RPG-like. 

both worthy purchases!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: blatboom on November 16, 2007, 11:48:00 AM
my bro and i play.

its' ok..

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VA $l!m

my next definite game purchase will be GTA4, but there are a few coming out b4 that, that i might be getting as well, depending on fundage.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

finished COD4 singleplayer on the 2nd difficulty.

sorta short, but just an amazing game.

watching the credits and the score was recorded @ abbey road studios.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

heh, i noticed that during the credits too.  pretty cool.  the single player was really good i thought... def. short, but awesome pacing.  the sniper mission was intense - i did it all the way thru without being spotted.

have you done much multiplayer yet?  it is so incredibly deep... sorta like an RPG with the amount of options they give you in custom classes (you unlock custom classes after a few levels, not immediately though)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

navajo

i don't consider myself a gamer but i like games.  i don't play much though; when i can i play halo 3.  when i can't, i play snes or ps2.  on the ps2, i play nhl or racing games.  and sonic, i just got a sonic game for ps2 (its a collektion of all the old games).

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 16, 2007, 10:44:11 AM
a couple times. It's pretty cool. I was reading about upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and how it'll use both the controller (lightsaber) and the nunchuk (force powers) and I am thoroughly excited for it now.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

d00000000d
star wars games have always been amazing and this one looks PIMP
*wolfmansbrother now wishes he bought a wii instead of paying for college tuition

thechad

Quote from: Wolfmansbrother on November 27, 2007, 12:53:32 AM

*wolfmansbrother now wishes he bought a wii instead of paying for college tuition

No, I did that with the original playstation and now I'm a 30 year old sophomore.

I've been playing Guitar Hero III and it totally rules, my wife hates video games and in the past long holiday weekend she was playing more that I was.  Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock