News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on November 23, 2007, 08:04:07 PM
heh, i noticed that during the credits too.  pretty cool.  the single player was really good i thought... def. short, but awesome pacing.  the sniper mission was intense - i did it all the way thru without being spotted.

have you done much multiplayer yet?  it is so incredibly deep... sorta like an RPG with the amount of options they give you in custom classes (you unlock custom classes after a few levels, not immediately though)

yuh, i'm level 42 in multiplayer... @ 48hrs played online ( i think...)
the customization is very nice. and there are a # of different game modes.
you do rank up quick, especially by completing challeges, which is cool, b/c it gets you to use different weapons and do things in multiplayer you might not do otherwise, but after lvl55 you can reset your whole rank and start over if you want, with a symbol showing that you did.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

i just reached lvl 31.  i pretty much only play Team Deathmatch, but i've played with a few other random modes.  if you're on Live, send an invite to "stank kind", we should party up for a few matches. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

yeah, you two are online ALL THE TIME!  i see you every time i boot up the 360... get a life ;)  or at least get PES so I can play against you guys
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: thechad on November 27, 2007, 02:44:05 AM

I've been playing Guitar Hero III and it totally rules, my wife hates video games and in the past long holiday weekend she was playing more that I was.  Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

all i did on my thanksgiving break was play guitar hero 3 i only had time tho to beat it on hard...i have this thing where i have to beat it on hard before i beat it on expert
but oh man was this one wayyyy harder than guitar hero II
how did you like the guitar battles? personally i got really frustrated when i got to the final one since he NEVER missed a note!
but still overall great song selection and a great challenge now i just need to get a second guitar controller....

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on November 27, 2007, 12:54:03 PM
i just reached lvl 31.  i pretty much only play Team Deathmatch, but i've played with a few other random modes.  if you're on Live, send an invite to "stank kind", we should party up for a few matches. 

cool!
i actually let my friend borrow COD4 till thurs., but i should be on thurs night and all weekend probably , since i'm going through withdrawl after not playing for two days.

i'll hit you  up with an invite ASAP.

ShakedownSlim.

VA $l!m

HEY!

if anyone is on XBOX live and you EVER enjoyed pacman of any kind as a kid...

i HIGHLY recommend DLing 'PAc MAn Championship edition' from the XBOBXlive arcade.
it actually received the 'Download of the Year' award from G4- that's how i found out about it, but it is DA BOMB!!
trippy graphics and just plain pacman sickness!!

only 800 microsoft points for the full version, but the trial version is free!-- check it out!

::insert pacman smiley here:: .........

BTW: rainbow six vegas2 has been officially schewduled for march 08 release.

also, i reaaaaalllly wish i got Assasin's creed for christmas. that game looks so sweet, and is highly recommended by everyone i know as well as from the media.
i did score NBAlive08, which is finally starting to get back to being a good game again... though not perfect- the defense is still lacking. overall its a game worth playing if you are as big of NBA fan as i am. plus the online is really cool, especially with the Live ESPN ticker and voice updates while you're online.

i also, was checkin out all the cool accessories for the 360 today in best buy-- i think as soon as i can get some extra cash, i want to grab one of those text pads that plugs into your controller. i always hate having to use the text screen online to type messages, and it'll  motivate me to use windows IM when i'm online... i never even really thought about it, but i could be IMing people online while i'm playin games--thats pretty cool!

jedifunk

nbalive06??? isnt it almost 2008?
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

rowjimmy

My family got a Wii.
It rules.

jedifunk

sickness!

my wife just played her first wii last weekend... now she wants one, and she HATES video games
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Yeah, my wife AND my 4year old were playing tonight.
(not to mention my 11y/old and myself)

tet

VA Slim - have you tried the 2k NBA series?  i haven't been able to play an EA one since picking that up back in the Dreamcast days, and it still COMPLETELY owns Live.  2k8 is easily the most realistic basketball game i've ever played, and the gameplay is just solid.  it'll take some getting used to if you've only ever played Live, but it's worth the switch.  check it out as a rental perhaps?  you'll be happy u did.

also, for anyone not in the know, NHL 08 (the EA one) has finally surpassed the 2k series and is the best hockey game since NHLPA '93.  in fact, it's probably one of the best sports games ever made.  controls are so perfect it's scary.  it's as close to a real hockey game as i've ever played, in terms of control and appearances. 

RJ - as for that Wii, i love mine too.  don't use it as much as the 360, but it's fun when people come over.  what games you have for it?
-Phish

rowjimmy

As I just got it, I don't have many games.r
Naturally, we have the Sports game that comes with and the girls received the Ratatouille & Ice Age games.
Me, I've got this to hold me until Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is released

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

It's pretty fun.

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on December 28, 2007, 01:01:25 AM
VA Slim - have you tried the 2k NBA series?  i haven't been able to play an EA one since picking that up back in the Dreamcast days, and it still COMPLETELY owns Live.  2k8 is easily the most realistic basketball game i've ever played, and the gameplay is just solid.  it'll take some getting used to if you've only ever played Live, but it's worth the switch.  check it out as a rental perhaps?  you'll be happy u did.

also, for anyone not in the know, NHL 08 (the EA one) has finally surpassed the 2k series and is the best hockey game since NHLPA '93.  in fact, it's probably one of the best sports games ever made.  controls are so perfect it's scary.  it's as close to a real hockey game as i've ever played, in terms of control and appearances. 

RJ - as for that Wii, i love mine too.  don't use it as much as the 360, but it's fun when people come over.  what games you have for it?

yes i have played 2k.
and i don't like it.
actually this year i DLed both demos from xboxLIVE and compared for weeks before deciding on nbalive.

and yes mainly its the control scheme.
i used to buy NBA live the day it came out starting w/ PS1 through the PS2 days... when it came to 360 it did suck.
BUT, this year they finally simplified it back to the original nbalive format, and for the most part it is a great game.
i even bought 2K last year and ended up returning it in a week... the only game i've returned for 360 so far.
its just personal pref. i dislike it that much, and love live that much if its done right.
which this year they did it, IMO.

tet

i hear ya.  so we agree to disagree.

now i just wanna get a headshot on ya with my blue tiger ACOG'd M16   :samurai:
-Phish