News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

just found a new release date for star wars force unleashed. says march 30th. hope thats right, because i need something before GTA4 comes out at the end of april. apparently the head of lucas arts just stepped down as well.
anyway.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

tet

force unleashed looks SICK.  i'm sure i'll get it for the 360, but apparently the wii version will have some extra capabilities (= wii lightsaber battles) that the others will lack.  probably not worth the additional $50 i'd spend on it, cause the 360 graphics will be much sweeter anyway.

that being said, this game will only tide me over for the month before GTA IV.  that game is gonna be full of awesome. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

As I have the wii... the lightsaber battles are key. I'm psyched.

VA $l!m

i forget the name of it, but there is a game that just came out or is almost out for the Wii... it involves sword fighting and i dunno, it has a comic book look to it, i cant remember the name right now, but it looks SICK, and it is getting great reviews.
i watch G4s video game show X-Play every nite at 7pm CT now, it really keeps me up to date.
the force unleashed date was from gamespots' release date list, so i guess it could be pushed back- don't be suprised.
though i did manage to make a list of every release i am getting for th enext six months or so:

1. Lost ODyessey-feb.12, 4  disc RPG produced by the guy that did Final Fantasy.
2.Raibow sixVEGAS 2- march 6.
3.FOrce Unleashed-march 30??
4. GTA4- APRIL 27
5. IRON MAN-APRIL 27.
6**SOUL CALIBER 4!!!!!**- june 1.
7. AGE OF CONan- online RPG- 3rd quarter 08

rowjimmy

Stupid Lost game isn't coming on the Wii...  :x
Oh, well. still have the PS2.

VA $l!m

ahhhh... here is the Wii game i was talking about:
its called "NO MORE HEROES"
XPLAY gave it a 5 out of 5 i think, and there ratings are tough.
http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/1699/No_More_Heroes.html

if i had a Wii, i'd be grabbing this right away.

VA $l!m

oh yeah, also for all you COD4 freaks like myself, good news! DLC maps are officially on the way sometime real soon. i hope real soon, because as soon as Rainbow six2 drops at the beginning of march i'm probably shelfing COD4 for awhile.

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on February 05, 2008, 04:50:14 PM
ahhhh... here is the Wii game i was talking about:
its called "NO MORE HEROES"
XPLAY gave it a 5 out of 5 i think, and there ratings are tough.
http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/1699/No_More_Heroes.html

if i had a Wii, i'd be grabbing this right away.

Nifty. I'd never get to play that when the kids are awake, though. I'll keep it in mind.

Casey Lenahan

slim ima have to get COD 4 soon and whoop yo @ss. Or you can come play me in Halo
I owe Aug $20

VA $l!m

just bought MASS EFFECT! can't wait to get into this today!

BTW., not sure if i already mentioned it, but if you havent DLed at least the FREE trial version of REZ HD off XBOX LIVE yet, you owe it to yourself to do so. totally a cool game to watch let alone play!

tet

Quote from: VA slim on February 07, 2008, 03:29:55 PM
just bought MASS EFFECT! can't wait to get into this today!

BTW., not sure if i already mentioned it, but if you havent DLed at least the FREE trial version of REZ HD off XBOX LIVE yet, you owe it to yourself to do so. totally a cool game to watch let alone play!

nice, lemme know what you think about Mass Effect.  i've wanted to grab it for a while, but honestly just don't have the time to play it as thoroughly as i'd like right now.  maybe i'll grab it once it's on Platinum Hits...  Rock Band is honestly my top priority at the moment!!  and i'm not getting bored with Halo or COD4 yet.  can't wait for those new maps with COD4!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 04, 2008, 09:36:15 PM
Stupid Lost game isn't coming on the Wii...  :x
Oh, well. still have the PS2.
Dammit... This is xbox/ps3/pc only
might hafta buy my first pc game in 20 years.

Bobafett

well, if you have a good pc, its really the best platform for graphics.  they just need to move to better pc game controllers.  The last pc game i bought was one of my favorite games of all time:  Tie Fighter.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

I do not have a machine designed for gaming...