News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

I'm hooked.  I was up until 4AM on Tuesday night (work night :frustrated:) playing the wii sports package.  Sooooo much fun!  We mainly bowled and played Tennis and Golf.  I am def ready for some upgraded games such as Tiger and MLB2k8. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

My so-pregnant-she's-about-to-burst-wife and I played some tennis last night.
Love it.

Casey Lenahan

My brother got Call Of Duty 4 and its a pretty sick game, who wants to get PWND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :evil:
I owe Aug $20

antelope19

Quick question.  After doing a little shopping around, I can't figure out if you need a wii specific memory card or if you can just put an SD memory card that would work with a camera as well.  Anyone know for sure? 

antelope19

On ebay it looks as if you can use a camera SD card.  But if you look on say Bestbuy.com, they have a "wii specific" SD card.  The reason I ask is because if I can use the camera compatible cards, we have a million of them already with my GF being a photographer.  Just trying to save a little $$$

PhishJY

Quote from: antelope19 on May 02, 2008, 10:13:39 AM
Quick question.  After doing a little shopping around, I can't figure out if you need a wii specific memory card or if you can just put an SD memory card that would work with a camera as well.  Anyone know for sure? 

I put a regular 1GB SanDisk SD card in mine, and it works fine.  You don't need the one that Nintendo endorses for ~$40.  I'd tell you how many blocks it has, but I don't remember exactly.  I think it was like 8000 blocks or so.  I don't know the block size, either.

EDIT: This card was previously used in my wife's digital camera.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

antelope19

What do you mean "Blocks"?  Sorry for all the noob questions.   :-D

jedifunk

still no slim sighting... i bet he'll have completed gta when he posts back in this thread ;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

any SD card can be used.  Nintendo sells their own Wii-branded one, but ANY will work. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

Quote from: tet on May 02, 2008, 11:26:13 AM

any SD card can be used.  Nintendo sells their own Wii-branded one, but ANY will work. 

Cool, thanks Tet! 

tet

Quote from: antelope19 on May 02, 2008, 12:18:57 PM

Cool, thanks Tet! 

sure.  just keep in mind that it probably does NOT take SDHC, which allows for higher capacities (4gb, 8gb, etc) - a lot of newer cameras use it, but i would sincerely doubt the Wii can take anything but standard SD, which i believe maxes out at 2gb.
-Phish

antelope19

Quote from: tet on May 02, 2008, 01:14:43 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on May 02, 2008, 12:18:57 PM

Cool, thanks Tet! 

sure.  just keep in mind that it probably does NOT take SDHC, which allows for higher capacities (4gb, 8gb, etc) - a lot of newer cameras use it, but i would sincerely doubt the Wii can take anything but standard SD, which i believe maxes out at 2gb.

Good Thought.  Thanks. 

PhishJY

Quote from: antelope19 on May 02, 2008, 10:18:58 AM
What do you mean "Blocks"?  Sorry for all the noob questions.   :-D

A block is a section of the total memory.  From Main Menu:
Select the Wii button in bottom left corner -> Data Management -> Wii

In the bottom corner, it will say "Blocks Open:" followed by a number.  These are the "blocks" that I was referring to in my previous post.  IIRC, the Wii has ~2100 free blocks when first powered on (new from the factory).
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

jedifunk

welp... i broke down... my curiosity got the better of me and now...

i'm a GTA crackhead again... only played for 2 hrs thus far, but i already don't want to put it down... even to feed my child... lol.

oh well, feed him, put him to bed and the crack out till like 4am :roll:
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

yeah, it really is pretty awesome.  i'm sitting here listening to my "new" record player as my roomie catches up in GTA.  i've been playing a WHILE and i'm not even allowed to cross those bridges yet.
-Phish