News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on May 04, 2008, 11:36:15 PM
finally unlocked manhattan :)

nice. i just moved to the bronx, so your way ahead of me. that manny guy or whatver his name is, is fucking annoying.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

one thing i love about playing this game is the fact that allegonquinn... or whatver they call the main island, reminds me sooo much of the real manhattan that it totally takes me back.
they really nailed the style of the buildings and neighborhoods. even though its condensed and things arent exactly in the same spots, it really captures the feeling of the city in many spots.
i honestly hadnt missed NYC at all in the last 3 years until i played  this game.

jedifunk

slim, when you say you just moved to the bronx... did you mean bohan?

cuz i just moved there... after my apartment in broker was burned by dimitri.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on May 09, 2008, 05:40:24 PM
slim, when you say you just moved to the bronx... did you mean bohan?

cuz i just moved there... after my apartment in broker was burned by dimitri.

yuh, thats bohan, aka the bronx. i'm way past that now.

rowjimmy

I just picked up Mario Kart Wii today.
Fun.

antelope19

I am looking forward to getting that at some point.  It looks like a blast.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

played a little more GTA online tonite.

there are really some great things to do with the online games.

the first few times i played i just tried the different racing games, and some of them were great.

but tonite i tried the team deathmatch. i though it might bore me some, since i've played so many realistic FPS online over the last few years. though i was totally surprised and impressed with the gameplay. the maps are huge and its really fun driving and running all over the city in a totally open free-for-all.
this is one thing that is somewhat revolutionary in this game.
unlike your typical shooter, ie: COD or rainbow, with GTA there are so many options as to how you can approach  a match. i started snping from a very far distance and then switched it up to run and gun, then i hijacked a few cars and tried running people down, and then finally i got someone to ride shotgun and we did drive-bys.
so instead of just running at each other or camping a match out with something like COd, where eventually every match takes on the same general approach, with GTA i think there are so many possibilities, and i can see how the application of multiplayer to an open world game could really be something new and exciting.

jedifunk

interesting... i'll have to check it out
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

the multiplayer is awesome, i had tons of fun doing it yesterday
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

yeah, i'm finally allowed in manhattan!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

before you unlock all of the islands, you might want to get that "One Man Army" achievement:

-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on May 11, 2008, 11:37:07 AM
before you unlock all of the islands, you might want to get that "One Man Army" achievement:

yuh.

tet

i just flew around with the helicopter, it was pretty easy.  stay high (my motto ALWAYS), and keep movin!
-Phish

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on May 10, 2008, 11:17:55 PM
and then finally i got someone to ride shotgun and we did drive-bys.

:lol:.  That's fantastic!

jedifunk

hey, do i have to go to my safe house to save my game before turning it off?

does it save after completing every mission?

sometimes i just dont want to drive all the way back to the bronx when i'm way down in the financial district
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio