News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

yeah, i just set up my repair.
sux i just bought a new Live card today!
i'm gonna go nuts without games for however long.
...and dont tell me i  should read a book or somethin! :roll: :lol:

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

they give you a free month of live as courtesy for the repair.  if they don't, call up and bitch.

sucks though man.  i've had 3 of them, and now this new one is acting weird (restarting itself on first power-up every so often). 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

whyweigh5.0

the only problem I have with mine now is the disc drive door.  It gets stuck sometimes and it wont open.  If I press the eject button sometimes I can hear it try to eject, but it never pops open.  Then it just starts to read the disc that was in there again.  Something is outta line or something.  But if I hear it doin that and I give it a little flick with my finger it will open.  So that works 8-)
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

VA $l!m

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on September 21, 2008, 02:25:39 PM
the only problem I have with mine now is the disc drive door.  It gets stuck sometimes and it wont open.  If I press the eject button sometimes I can hear it try to eject, but it never pops open.  Then it just starts to read the disc that was in there again.  Something is outta line or something.  But if I hear it doin that and I give it a little flick with my finger it will open.  So that works 8-)

yeah my friend has that problem.
i believe they will do free repairs for that problem even if you are out of the warranty.

VA $l!m

well, i finally got an email today i've been waiting for from one of my old SOCOM runnin buddies from ps2.
and he just ditched his 360 for a new PS3...
so, i'm on the working/saving warpath the next few weeks. PS3 or bust by the 15th.
w00t!
-TANGO DOWN!  :samurai:

VA $l!m

lucky me!
my friend out here needed a place to leave his 360 while he's moving this week, so i'm up and runnin while mine is gettin fixed.

come join me on some COD4 or TOo Human if you want.

360id: ShakedownSlim

VA $l!m

wow. i just found a huge list of all the Ps3 games that support 7.1 surround.
i had no idea.
thats freakin sweet!
finally i'll have something to make good use of my System running native 7.1.

VA $l!m

got my 360 back, pretty quick turnaround--about 2 weeks.

looks like i'll be putting getting my ps3 on hold until this hampton ticket fiasco blows over.

i guess it was a good thing i was saving for something. just had to re-prioritize.

jedifunk

:o whoa.... a topic about something other than the comeback
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

it always comes back to video games for me.

VA $l!m

for all you wii fans, nintendo is suposedly going to announce the Wii HD console at their upcoming press event. due out in 2011.

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on October 01, 2008, 08:46:28 PM
for all you wii fans, nintendo is suposedly going to announce the Wii HD console at their upcoming press event. due out in 2011.

--well, i don think they nintendo ended up giving any real info about the HD next gen Wii, but they did announce the new DS... very nice looking upgrade.------------------------------------------------

OK, now for my VIdeo gAME blog/rant of the week:

its gettIN Real SERIOUs folks!

in my boredom today, as i attempted to restrain myself from going out and purchasing a new game, i decided to plan out what upcoming releases i needed to save up for.

THIs quarter might just be...actually i will say that it in fact is... the most prolific software production cycle for the video game industry EVER! 
As game developers hit their stride, inspired and taking full advantage of the technology of the "next"-current generation of hardware, we are about to see a solid two to three months of top notch releases.

as i made my list i was dumbfounded by the fact that almost every week included possible game of the year material.
Starting with the week of OCT 14th, i'm considering buying a game every week for 6 straight weeks.

here's a 'short' list of notable releases, though i  obviously didnt include every major title. -games will be available for multi-platform unless otherwise noted.

OCT.14th: SOCOM confrontation* (PS3)

21st: Little BIg Planet* (PS3); FABLE 2 (360)

28th: FALLOUT3*

NOV. 4th!!: Tom CLancy's END WAR*; James Bond-quantum of solace; Resistance 2 (PS3); Gears of War 2 (360)

11th: Call Of Duty- World at War; Mortal Combat vs. DC comics (PS3); Mirror's Edge*; W.O.W- wrath of the lich king (PC)

18th: Shaun White snowboarding*; Tomb Raider- Underworld

23rd: nothing notable yet...((-thank god i need a week off, otherwise no one  is gonna get christmas presents!))

30th: PRince Of PERsia

*Games i intend to buy on release date if possible.

Enjoy this holiday season kids, it might not be this good again for a long time.

jedifunk

and you still plan on going to hampton after all that!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

Quote from: jedifunk on October 05, 2008, 10:29:48 AM
and you still plan on going to hampton after all that!

You just have to bring your console with you.  I used to roll with my ps2 and play Tony Hawk all day waiting for the next show to start, unless I was sleeping all day...

jedifunk

yeah, i was always too busy sleeping all day
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio