News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

BTW...
Picked up Call Of Duty the other day for the Wii.
Played it tonight for the first time: awesome.

It has multiplayer too but I didn't get around to firing that up.

gotta get some sleep.

jedifunk

picked up the new PES for 360 last night...  awesome.  i've got my one game for the next year.

didn't fire up the multiplayer... gotta get some sleep
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

Sean White Snowboarding is supposed to come out on Sunday, but people are saying it was on shelves yesterday....must investigate.  I bet it would be fun on the Wii too, with the balance board.....

rowjimmy

Looking to get a Wii-Fit (that balance board dealio) for the family for xmas... Lots of interesting possibilities for that interface.

Is the Shawn White snowboarding coded to work with it?

I also decided last night that I need the "Wii-Zapper" which is the rifle-shaped thingy that you snap your controllers into. I think that'll totally rock with CoD.

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 14, 2008, 01:24:52 PM
Is the Shawn White snowboarding coded to work with it?

yep.  He was on Dan Patrick today talking about it

gene

got COD: WAW on tuesday when it came out.
i got the pc version, and besides i dont have the new consoles.
Im starting to get the gameplay down and the shooting physics.
Overall i think its a sweet game, i play some co-op campaign and the zombie mod, good shit..
but mostly i play multiplayer because i love headshooting noobs.

another think i like is more usage of bolt action rifles.
and watch out for the dogs! :samurai:

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 13, 2008, 11:40:24 PM
BTW...
Picked up Call Of Duty the other day for the Wii.
Played it tonight for the first time: awesome.

It has multiplayer too but I didn't get around to firing that up.

gotta get some sleep.

Oh, uh... CoD: WaW online play for Wii: pretty cool.

It's been a long time since I played a FPS online. I got pwnd pretty bad at first but I'm catching on.

TheIguana

yeah picked up COD: W@W earlier in the week.   2 hours in then the xbox 360 RRO:samurai:

there seems to be a way to save games to the HDD which would probably keep the unit under 8,000F

anyway enjoyed it while it lasted!
We were put here to help each other through this thing...whatever "this thing" is. Kurt Vonnegut

Caravan2001

Picked up Shawn White today.....Hopefully I'll get a little time tonight to check it out...The wife is not a fan of my rekindled love affair with gaming soooo....

jedifunk

ha!  mine either... its after she's in bed or on the weekend when she's at work.

luckily my game of choice is mostly soccer, so i can play with my son around.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: caravan2001 on November 14, 2008, 08:45:15 PM
Picked up Shawn White today.....Hopefully I'll get a little time tonight to check it out...The wife is not a fan of my rekindled love affair with gaming soooo....

wow, how did you get that?
it doesnt come out until next week.
let me know what you think of it.
wonder if there is a demo... i really hope its good. if it gets good reviews it will be moving to the top of my list of games to get.
since i got my ps3, and i am starting my gaming collection new again, i'm trying to have a well rounded selection of the current titles as far as a variety of game types goes.
so, i have my shooter in SOCOM, then i have my time consuming open world  RPG in FALLOUT3, and i figured a sport type game would be a nice variable addition. and i'm always a sucker for a good snowboarding or skating game. if it doesnt get decent reviews i might still go back and grab NBA live still... or i still need to pick up LittleBig PLanet.

anyway, i've got over 15hrs played of fallout 3 already and i'm lovin every bit of it.

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA slim on November 14, 2008, 09:39:53 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on November 14, 2008, 08:45:15 PM

wow, how did you get that?
it doesnt come out until next week.
let me know what you think of it.
wonder if there is a demo... i really hope its good. if it gets good reviews it will be moving to the top of my list of games to get.
since i got my ps3, and i am starting my gaming collection new again, i'm trying to have a well rounded selection of the current titles as far as a variety of game types goes.
so, i have my shooter in SOCOM, then i have my time consuming open world  RPG in FALLOUT3, and i figured a sport type game would be a nice variable addition. and i'm always a sucker for a good snowboarding or skating game. if it doesnt get decent reviews i might still go back and grab NBA live still... or i still need to pick up LittleBig PLanet.

anyway, i've got over 15hrs played of fallout 3 already and i'm lovin every bit of it.

The release date is Sunday (supposedly), and I was looking forward to it, so I checked out articles about it, and I found a thread where a couple of kids were called by Game Stop and told that their reserved copies were in....I called Game Stop today and they said, yeah, we have a ton, so I hooked it up....There's another game that is not supposed to be out until next week that they had too, but I can't remember the name...anyway, my wife has a bunch to do tonight, so I have about an hour to play it.....I'll let you know how I like it....the tree sequences look money.....so far it is getting mixed reviews though, from poor/fair, to "best snowboard game since SSX"....To me though the benchmark has always been 1080 for the N64, that was the shizz.....

blatboom

Quote from: caravan2001 on November 14, 2008, 10:16:16 PM
..anyway, my wife has a bunch to do tonight, so I have about an hour to play it....

she left you home alone, eh?   :wink:

jedifunk

well, everyone seems to have a surplus of wii's now... i was at best buy the other night, and they must have had at least 50 units on the sales floor.

and target this morning has 15 or so in their case.  looks like santa will be bringing the fam a wii this year
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Bobafett

OMG>  i got Gears of War 2 the other day...my favorite new game.  Graphics and gameplay engine are tight, and i don't even have HDTV(gasp!?)
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.