News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyweigh5.0

I still am amazed at how hard this Wii stuff is for some people to find.  It seems like the stores around here always have piles of them when I am there
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

blatboom

Quote from: caravan2001 on December 05, 2008, 11:25:34 PM
Quote from: blatboom on December 01, 2008, 11:20:43 AM
entire NES system installed in Mario cartridge.

complete with power & reset buttons, and avi jacks!
http://technabob.com/blog/2008/04/21/nes-system-built-into-game-cartridge/

That, my friends, is bad fuckin ass!  I gotta hook that up and play me some Tecmo Bowl.....

I'll bring Ninja Gaiden.

whyweigh5.0

I picked up Shaun White Snowboarding last night.  Going to give it some play time later
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: blatboom on December 06, 2008, 03:54:25 PM

That, my friends, is bad fuckin ass!  I gotta hook that up and play me some Tecmo Bowl.....

I'll bring Ninja Gaiden.

if you had a wii you could download mostly all of those games for about 5 bucks each...   :roll:
just grabbed mario2, bubble bobble... and then mario kart from the 64 and sonic  :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

ytowndan

Man, I haven't thought about Mario Kart in years!  I need to go hunt down my old 64!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

PhishPhan

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on December 06, 2008, 04:27:37 PM
Quote from: blatboom on December 06, 2008, 03:54:25 PM

I'll bring Ninja Gaiden.

if you had a wii you could download mostly all of those games for about 5 bucks each...   :roll:
just grabbed mario2, bubble bobble... and then mario kart from the 64 and sonic  :-D

Yup, it's a nifty service. Sometime ago they also added WiiWare where you can download completely new games. I'd buy some of the old games but I basically have all of them (or at least the good ones).

whyweigh5.0

I need to get more NES games on my Wii

VA $l!m

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on December 06, 2008, 03:58:19 PM
I picked up Shaun White Snowboarding last night.  Going to give it some play time later

...i hope you have a Wii and a balance board. apparently thats the only way this game is worth a shit.
the 360 and ps3 versions apparently suck pretty bad.

anyway, with this week of releases the onslaught of the last two months of big Video game releases has wrapped up just in time for me to make a christmas wish list full of all the games i cant afford, but so badly need to play!
Prince of persia came of this week to less than stellar reviews, with the graphical advancements being the major highlight.

XPLAY has their Award show last night, and though Metal Gear Solid 4 seeemed to have the most awards overall, FABLE 2 came home with the game of the YEar trophy.
honestly fable 2 is on my short list of games i REally need to play, but i've finally managed to make some headway into the behemoth of FALLout 3 and i really have zero time to spare for another RPG right now.
besides Fallout i have my current shooter with SOCOM, and my sports game in NBA LIVE and madden 09. so i'm pretty well rounded right now.
though,  here is my short list of titles i missed this year, but will definitely play eventually:
1. MEtal GEar Solid 4
2. Little Big Planet
3. Resistance 2
4. Fable 2

now, i have to research and start making a list of upcoming titles for the 1st quarter of 09!
and there are quite a few exciting things coming about.
-first of all is DLC for fable2, GTA 4, and Fallout 3... gee whiz i havent even finished the first part of any of these yet!
then SKATE 2 is due out january 21. this i will be picking up the day its out if at all possible.
lord of the rings conquest is out jan 13... this is the game made by pandemic and is basically star wars battlefronts for Middle Earth.  its looking pretty tight if your into that sorta thing.
further down the road includes--
Street fighter 4, Feul...and a few other random games i cant recall right now, AS wELL as the first BIG wave of MMOs to hit the consoles-- Champions online for 360 and DC universe for ps3 are both slated for early 09 i believe... good thing i'm getting a keyboard for my ps3 for christmas so i can post to the paug, otherwise i might be MIA!

oh yeah, one more thing,,, if you didnt know already certain online arcade games are free this month on XBOXLIve including street fighter 2 hd remix.

peace and games. happy new year.
hope everyone gets at least one game in their stocking!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

Quote from: VA slim on December 10, 2008, 06:56:59 PM
Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on December 06, 2008, 03:58:19 PM

...i hope you have a Wii and a balance board. apparently thats the only way this game is worth a shit.
:banana:
woo hoo... i gots a wii & balance board!  can't wait for xmas so i can start busin moves
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

oh and whats the word on tom clancy's end war?  i DL'd the demo last night but haven't had a chance to play it... any good?
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

PhishPhan

Quote from: jedifunk on December 10, 2008, 07:06:18 PM
oh and whats the word on tom clancy's end war?  i DL'd the demo last night but haven't had a chance to play it... any good?

I played a bit of it on my buddy's 360. The voice commands work surprisingly well and the online is sweet. Then again, the campaign sucks and the three factions are basically the same units with different names. Still a great step in the industry. I'd rent it if you did like the demo.

jedifunk

is it entirely voice command?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

Shaun White for PS3 pretty much blows, which sucks, because I was so fired up for it.  Skating and snowboard games are my fave, so it was disappointing.  I am sure it rules with the board, the graphics are good...

whyweigh5.0

yeah, the 360 version is pretty meh also

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on December 10, 2008, 08:40:49 PM
is it entirely voice command?

you CAN control it completely w/ VC, though button control is possible as well.
the bottom line about this game... i played the demo was very stoked, read all the reviews, etc... IS that it is the first perfectly executed VC game. it works seemlesly, and graphically its very nice. though as far as RTS games go it is VERY simplistic, and the very limited types of units come down to basically a rock, paper, scissors game. one plus is the persistent online multiplayer campaign, but i passed on this one. just too many other titles better deserving of my $.

BTW, jedi, i know you are the big PES fan, but the new FIFA got really good reviews just so you know.

anyway, today i'm stoked to own a PS3.
1. HOME Finally comes out today! cant wait to get home from work today and start it up!
&
2. i played my first DVD this morning and the DVDupconversion from STandard-def. to HD is FANtastic!
my copy of 4-3-98 looked crystal clear and tight. upconverting to 720p really kicks it up a notch from just playing it in my normal dvd player.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-