News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

Quote from: VA slim on December 11, 2008, 08:47:55 AM
Quote from: jedifunk on December 10, 2008, 08:40:49 PM
is it entirely voice command?

you CAN control it completely w/ VC, though button control is possible as well.
the bottom line about this game... i played the demo was very stoked, read all the reviews, etc... IS that it is the first perfectly executed VC game. it works seemlesly, and graphically its very nice. though as far as RTS games go it is VERY simplistic, and the very limited types of units come down to basically a rock, paper, scissors game. one plus is the persistent online multiplayer campaign, but i passed on this one. just too many other titles better deserving of my $.

BTW, jedi, i know you are the big PES fan, but the new FIFA got really good reviews just so you know.

anyway, today i'm stoked to own a PS3.
1. HOME Finally comes out today! cant wait to get home from work today and start it up!
&
2. i played my first DVD this morning and the DVDupconversion from STandard-def. to HD is FANtastic!
my copy of 4-3-98 looked crystal clear and tight. upconverting to 720p really kicks it up a notch from just playing it in my normal dvd player.
yes, i tried the demo of FIFA just to make sure i was buying the best futbol game out there... and it really was close this year... but the gameplay and AI knowledge of how an actual soccer match plays out was still much better on PES...

but it is really REALLY close now.  the fact that fifa has all the licenses is big to me, as i like to get my moneys worth by winning the league for each country, and pes only has 4 leagues.... but when it came down to it, its the in game reality that wins for PES again.... maybe next year, although i hope that konami gets their shit together and puts a knockout blow on EA.

as for End War... i definitely won't be buying it, but i'll be trying the demo when i have a second.. i remember being stoked for the 360 launch because of a game kinda like it... i forget the name, but it was a RTS in an FPS style... where you commanded a team of marines, and you didn't really ever shoot, just told your team what to do... but i never got around to playing it... and this End War sounds kinda cool.  i'll have to check it out
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Declan

yeah, fifa ai still dissapoints...

Thats EA for you, never like to make anything better... just like GM making substandard cars.

They got the licenses/sponsors.... they got the $$$$.

plus they do have the name FIFA  :mrgreen:
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

VA $l!m

--OMFG!!
PLAYstation HOme is fInally  here!!
--AND it is CRAZINESS!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

sorry XBOX, you just took a kick to the crotch with your silly cartoon avatars and all...
i still love you, i just wont be paying for your subscription services anytime soon.

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

blatboom

jedifunk

ok, so i just played end war... and i remember how much i suck at RTS games...

i get all panicky... and can't think straight or react fast enough... i would suck as a commander.

cool game, and i can see how the online part would be awesome with a perpetual war always happening.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

yeah i'm a bit intrigued by End War.  both the online and voice aspects seems pretty cool, but to be honest, i'm so behind on my video games (and ever-gradually am filling up my social calendar) so who knows if i'll ever get to it.  god, i still need to get Fable 2.  and the new Call of Duty.  and finish up my drumming career on Rock Band 2 and/or Guitar Hero World Tour.  and re-play Mass Effect as an evil focker.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

seriously, if you get the chance to check out HOME on the PS3, do it.
for me, its not that the beta even has all that much to do yet, but the possibilities are endless.
not only does my avatar look exactly like me, and i have my own home which i can furnish anyway i want with or without extra stuff purchased from a trip to the mall, and i can purchase another summer home, and i can stroll through numerous common areas where EVERYone online is present... or walk into the theatre where the newest trailers and releases are playing, or just sit down on a bench in the virtual park and play a game of chess w/ CARAVAN, or just dance like a fool.......ok you get the point.
if you have ever played a MMO like W.O.W. than you can imagine the scene.

the presentation alone is amazing. the way you can virtually stroll through the mall and check out a BIG SCREEn  HD kiosk that is playing the latest game trailers or whatev.
Though the thing that really got me is the CONCEPT. it sounds really silly, but it really made me think about the future of entertainment and communication and interaction in a virtual sort of way.
the foundation here has endless possibilities for all of these...let alone fantastic new ways of looking at how we game and enjoy multimedia entertainment.

oh yeah, and i'm still playing FAllout 3 and you're not. shame on you all.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA slim on December 11, 2008, 11:12:19 PM
seriously, if you get the chance to check out HOME on the PS3, do it.
for me, its not that the beta even has all that much to do yet, but the possibilities are endless.
not only does my avatar look exactly like me, and i have my own home which i can furnish anyway i want with or without extra stuff purchased from a trip to the mall, and i can purchase another summer home, and i can stroll through numerous common areas where EVERYone online is present... or walk into the theatre where the newest trailers and releases are playing, or just sit down on a bench in the virtual park and play a game of chess w/ CARAVAN, or just dance like a fool.......ok you get the point.
if you have ever played a MMO like W.O.W. than you can imagine the scene.

the presentation alone is amazing. the way you can virtually stroll through the mall and check out a BIG SCREEn  HD kiosk that is playing the latest game trailers or whatev.
Though the thing that really got me is the CONCEPT. it sounds really silly, but it really made me think about the future of entertainment and communication and interaction in a virtual sort of way.
the foundation here has endless possibilities for all of these...let alone fantastic new ways of looking at how we game and enjoy multimedia entertainment.

oh yeah, and i'm still playing FAllout 3 and you're not. shame on you all.

I will be checking that out tonight...It does make your mind reel though.  Imagine a virtual 3-D 'Paug where you could all just walk around.  I could swing by your house and pull some virtual tubes of virtual headies, it would be rad  :-D

jedifunk

yeah, until you realize that you're only "vitually stoned" :D
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Quote from: jedifunk on December 12, 2008, 11:05:17 AM
yeah, until you realize that you're only "vitually stoned" :D

speak for yourself

Caravan2001

whyweigh5.0

I picked up Mushroom Men for the Wii last night.  Les Claypool did the entire soundtrack for it.  Havent checked it out yet
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

PhishPhan

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on December 16, 2008, 04:31:00 PM
I picked up Mushroom Men for the Wii last night.  Les Claypool did the entire soundtrack for it.  Havent checked it out yet

Trust me, the title is deceiving :D I played the first one, and it was actually pretty good, but it wasn't popular at all.

whyweigh5.0

decieving? really?.. isn't it about little men who live under mushrooms :?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/