News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on December 22, 2008, 11:15:37 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the new Call of Duty Game for the wii.  Those commercials look sick!

I've been playing it for weeks.
It's pretty great.

antelope19

How much extra is the gun holder for the controller?  And do you need the nunchuck?

EDIT: It appears that you do.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

RJ -  are you playing it with that gun thingy above?  or just with the nunchuck & wand?

perhaps i'll pick that up so that the three of us can be an online "band of brothers"!

personally i can't wait to bust out the balance board + shaun white snowboarding!  i really hope that its as cool/fun as it looks.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

oh, and i've been pining for a new game or two lately..

while i do love my PES soccer, and still haven't completed GTA4, i've just not had the itch to play either lately.

i DL'd the demo of End War and thought it was cool, but i really need another game or two so that when my main games don't sound right, i've got something else to play.

hopefully the wii fills that void... i might pick up a used copy of either mario galaxy or zelda.  i know my son is getting lego star wars for wii so that might be fun as well.

speaking of which, how does that work with the wii?  pretty well?  fun?

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

I don't have the gun thingy. I want to grab one though... I think it'd be cool.
I'm not a bad sniper though, even without it.

And yeah, you do need the nunchuk.

There is also a basic co-op mode for a second player. No split screen, the second player essentially shoots covers you as you try to complete the missions.

btw, mario galaxy is pretty fun.

jedifunk

ok, so here's the break down on my wii gaming...

- its fun as hell!  and a great party toy... i was a bit upset that you can only do up to 4 people at one time.. i figured with a 2nd wiimote that i would be able to add 4 more and have 8.... this would have been perfect last night, as we had about 12 people here, and ended up having to take turns bowling.

- the balance board works really well... better than i expected. and shaun white is super dope when you use the board.  the wii graphics are below that of my xbox360 and thats kinda lame, but the interaction with the board more than makes up for it... it was funny to watch everyone, and people would say "oh, i get it now" after their run or after watching someone else, only to get up and totally suck.. very funny. 

- eli ended up getting lego star wars & force unleashed... and i didn't enjoy playing either of them on the wii... force unleashed especially as it didn't seem to sync up with the wiimote very well, it was a bit frustrating.  lego star wars wasn't as fun because i'd already beaten the game on my computer, but i think that will be the one that eli really "gets" first.

- tennis is fun, even if a little lame... i think i'd like to get a tennis exclusive title, like top spin... it think that would keep me very entertained.

overall, love the wii... its great for parties.  only think its so-so for private gaming, i will definitely still be playing most games on my 360.  the wii is great when you aren't in the mood to be all serious with your gaming...

anyhoo, i'm pleasantly stoned now.... so i'm gonna go take some runs down the mountain!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Declan

after watching soccer games, i always like to kick the teams ass in fifa afterwards...

no fifa here in miami

suffering from fifa withdrawal symptoms  :frustrated:
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: antelope19 on December 22, 2008, 11:18:36 AM
How much extra is the gun holder for the controller?  And do you need the nunchuck?

EDIT: It appears that you do.

we got the pistol adaptor thingamabob, but not this one yet, you can use this one on zelda, too...

i think this is my next accessory purchase after we get the rest of the instruments for all the band games :)

i'd like to try up call of duty on the wii, too... i loved it on playstation....
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

whyweigh5.0

I haven't played my Wii in a bit.  Maybe i'll throw on some Zelda later.  Or that Raving Rabbids TV games thing
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

rowjimmy

I played Lego Indiana Jones last night into the wee hours.

Fun stuff.

we got a wiifit for xmas and I'm going to return the guitar hero games that I received for Shaun White and something else... not sure what.

also, my daughter got a game called "Da Blob" or something like that. Nifty. Good for the kids.

jedifunk

how old are your kids again?  eli's 5 and so far isn't into the wii yet.. we played some lego star wars yesterday, but he only wanted to play if i was playing.

i'm not complaining, since eventually i'm sure he'll want to play all the time, but i thought that was interesting
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

That games was for my 12y/o
My 5y/o isn't too into the wii yet...

jedifunk

gotcha... thanks.

thats cool though, cuz like i said, i don't need him asking ot play wii all the time
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

well, even though i wont probably have the scrilla to buy anything for awhile, there are still a few good titles upcoming in JAnuary that i think are worth checking out.

1. lord of the rings conquest: january 13.
i played the online demo, and its exactly what you'd expect. its basically star wars battlefronts set in middle earth. though i actually really enjoyed playing it. everything seems to look and work extremely well, and its nice to see the jump to next gen for this genre.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/lordoftheringspandemicprojectworkingtitle/index.html

2. SKATE 2
: january 21.
this by far has to be the biggest release for the month, and i might have to put this one on my best buy card. now i just have to decide whether or not to buy the ps3 or 360 version. i had made stick skills on the first one playing it on 360, but now that i get PSN for free i prefer to buy anything i'm gonna play online for PS3.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/skate2workingtitle/index.html

3.Stoked: january 20.
just came across this title for the first time today and it looks pretty cool. a snowboarding game that hopefully wont flail like Shaun White did. more based in reality it apparently has excellent open world mountains with changing weather and time of day conditions. check it out, it very well could deliver the goods.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/stoked/index.html

4.Afro Samurai: january 27.
i saw a hands on demo of this game recently and it looks serious. very dynamic art direction, and a  fluid and detailed combat system  could make this a tight action game. personally i'm always keeping an eye out for a game that can take 'hack and slash' to the next level. and with music direction by RZA i beleive it cant be bad!(except for that PS1 wu-tang game, that was really rough!)
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/afrosamurai/index.html
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

blatboom

yo Slim what's up with the Dead or Alive series?   (my buddy just got a PS3 and I'm living vicariously)

are there any games for this generation of systems or are any in the works?