News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: blatboom on January 01, 2009, 09:37:27 PM
yo Slim what's up with the Dead or Alive series?   (my buddy just got a PS3 and I'm living vicariously)

are there any games for this generation of systems or are any in the works?
DOA came out with a game the first year of the next gen consoles... i believe it was a launch title for the 360. not sure if it was released om the PS3.     
i played it, it was a good game 2-3 years ago, but now its totally old school.

the biggest fighting genre games this year are
1. soul caliber 4, which came out this summer and is awesome.
then both street fighter 4 and tekken 6 wil be out early this year.
not sure about the tekken. but SF 1V is EPIC.

BTW., this is my first post using my new wireless keyboard w/ built in mouse on my PS3, sittin on my bed checkin the 'paug out on my 32" HD samsung.
it Freakin rocks!! :banana:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on January 01, 2009, 10:49:20 PM
BTW., this is my first post using my new wireless keyboard w/ built in mouse on my PS3, sittin on my bed checkin the 'paug out on my 32" HD samsung.

epic!

yeah, we went to GameStop and took advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free deal.  We got EA's NCAA football (a must for us), CoD 4, and Soul Caliber 4.

about Soul Caliber, is there any way to release all the hidden characters and stages without going through the points system or whatever?  thanks.

I'll look out for the S.F. game, but he'll be hyped to hear about Tekken..we used to rock the shit out of Tekken 3 back in the day

jedifunk

man, just watched some video for stoked... WOW, that shit looks HAWT!  waaaaay cooler than shaun white.  too bad its not for wii (which has sucky graphics anyways) cuz the balance board for shaun white makes the game pretty awesome, and would make stoked very more awesome

also, what about the lord of the rings game?  any interest in that one?

and which COD should i get if i get one?  the W@W or #4?
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

whyweigh5.0

ha
I just came here to post about stoked.  I saw an add in the new xbox mag.
heres a link with a little video
http://extrememountains.blogspot.com/2008/12/stoked-snowboarding-for-xbox-360.html
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on January 02, 2009, 12:59:00 AM
man, just watched some video for stoked... WOW, that shit looks HAWT!  waaaaay cooler than shaun white.  too bad its not for wii (which has sucky graphics anyways) cuz the balance board for shaun white makes the game pretty awesome, and would make stoked very more awesome

also, what about the lord of the rings game?  any interest in that one?

and which COD should i get if i get one?  the W@W or #4?

i've been playin the LOTR demo online and i have to say that i really like it. which is weird because its really nothing new to this game. like i said before its basically star wars battlefronts but with a fresh  HD coat of middle earth slapped on top of it. i guess i just always dug SWBF and i of course dig LOTR so it makes sense.

as far as COD, thats a No brainer, get 4 hands down. you'll regret it if you go the other way.

[/quote]
Quote from: blatboom on January 01, 2009, 10:54:15 PM
Quote from: VA slim on January 01, 2009, 10:49:20 PM

epic!

yeah, we went to GameStop and took advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free deal.  We got EA's NCAA football (a must for us), CoD 4, and Soul Caliber 4.

about Soul Caliber, is there any way to release all the hidden characters and stages without going through the points system or whatever?  thanks.

I'll look out for the S.F. game, but he'll be hyped to hear about Tekken..we used to rock the shit out of Tekken 3 back in the day

i didnt find a way, but search the interweb, there might be a Code or something to do that.
i found it real easy to get a bunch of the characters though. you basically get one every time you beat the normal single player mode with a different character, which only takes about a half hour for each on easy.
unfortunately i never unlocked the Secret apprentice from Force unleashed though...but now if you want to spend the money you can DL either Yoda or Darth depending on whether you're on Xbox or Ps3.
bummer, wish i still had that game...

personally i'm jonesin for a new game. i loaned my friend Fallout3, and socom is socom, and then i was tryin to get into playin NBA live, but after playing online last night against a really good opponent i realized that the one major flaw in the game is that it becomes nearly impossible to play realistically good 'D' most of the time.
so i'm considering a trade in on that one, but since money's tight i might just wait for skate 2 before i do that.

jedifunk

man, xbox live doesn't have shit for good demos... no stoked (which is xbox only, why no demo?) no LOTR... lame shit.

but i think i am going to go buy a used copy of SWBF2 this weekend, i need a good shooter, and nothing is better than a star wars shooter..

i may also pick up COD4 since i'm jonesing for a realistic shooter as well.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on January 02, 2009, 01:56:51 AM
ha
I just came here to post about stoked.  I saw an add in the new xbox mag.
heres a link with a little video
http://extrememountains.blogspot.com/2008/12/stoked-snowboarding-for-xbox-360.html
Thanks for the link, that looks rad.  Still I'll have to rent it first.  I bought Shaun White, which has almost equally impressive graphics, but the gameplay and control feel just rots.....I consider it a waste of $60, since I never play it.  Shaun White should be the bomb, but without the Wii board, it falls short on Ps3......hope this one is good.  What I loved about SSX and 1080 was the racing that seems to be missing from these two games.   I used to love that shit......I hope Stoked delivers the goods.....

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Bobafett on December 01, 2008, 04:05:34 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on November 26, 2008, 11:44:17 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on November 26, 2008, 11:25:16 PM
mmmm, we USED TO get the BEST jack's here in minni... man how i miss him

It's been at least 2-3 years for me for the straight Jack....

its been exactly 3 years for me...that was the best overall smoke i've ever had....... :cry:

Oh how it works for us.  I was at party a week ago tonight... and guess who was there?

OUR BUDDY JACK!

On the way home, cruising on a cycle, I thought for sure that I had entered the land of the dead.

GOOD TIMES!  :mrgreen:

rowjimmy

Quote from: jedifunk on January 02, 2009, 06:49:21 PM
man, xbox live doesn't have shit for good demos... no stoked (which is xbox only, why no demo?) no LOTR... lame shit.

but i think i am going to go buy a used copy of SWBF2 this weekend, i need a good shooter, and nothing is better than a star wars shooter..

i may also pick up COD4 since i'm jonesing for a realistic shooter as well.

wait wait wait wait

i dunno what platform you're asking about but, COD W@W is the way to go on wii. why go to the earlier gen?

tet

W@W online is pretty awful, from what i'm hearing.  lots of people are switching back to CoD4, or Halo. 

i'm pretty positive he's talking about the 360 versions, but i could be wrong...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

yes COD for 360... i've decided already that the wii is NOT the platform for serious gaming.  i like it for its social aspects, as playing bowling or even snowboarding with a group of friends is lots of fun.

but just in playing force unleashed for the wii, i found i got really tired of having to use the remote and nunchuck.   i'd rather just sit on my ass and play with a normal controller... plus the graphics blow on the wii compared to the 360 or ps3.

my own personal gaming will still happen on the 360... i just don't see that changing
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

check it out, i belive i just saw that the SKate 2 demo dhould be up on XBL today and PSN on the 15th.
sure hope i can get it when it arrives... been watching a lot of skating on feul tv lately and i'm pumped!

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA slim on January 08, 2009, 02:35:47 AM
check it out, i belive i just saw that the SKate 2 demo dhould be up on XBL today and PSN on the 15th.
sure hope i can get it when it arrives... been watching a lot of skating on feul tv lately and i'm pumped!

I want to get that, but I am only about 25% through Skate 1.  PLus I want to check out Stoked.  Besides, if I want to go to any shows, I can't spend the bread on games.....I still also need to check out the new Home dealy on the PS3 network....

VA $l!m

Quote from: caravan2001 on January 09, 2009, 11:17:36 PM
Quote from: VA slim on January 08, 2009, 02:35:47 AM

I want to get that, but I am only about 25% through Skate 1.  PLus I want to check out Stoked.  Besides, if I want to go to any shows, I can't spend the bread on games.....I still also need to check out the new Home dealy on the PS3 network....

i hear ya on not spending show money on games. mos def.

if you still have Socom, the big PAtch/update everyone has been waiting for is finally out. and after playing all day i must say it rockS! many of the features promised at launch are now up and running, along with numerous bug and glitch fixes. finally a playable game IMO.

VA $l!m

ya know the other day while at my local non-chain video game store, i asked them how much cash OR credit they'd give me for my 360 console, which is in perfect condition.
they then asked me if it was one of the more recnt models which were made with the HDMI inputs.
mine being ~2-3 yrs old it wasnt.
then they said they could only give me $20 cash OR CREDIT!!?!?
wow.
they said the releatively older 360s were so unreliable a product that they only sold them for $50 with no warranty.
what a hunk o junk.
currently my friends 360 is completely worthless and wont even read a disc, let alone the RRoD and tray and power supply issues he's had. microsoft has told him they wont do shit now and he's basically stuck with a product they dont care to back up.
i also heard there is a class action law suit v. MS because of these  and similar issues that many others have had with their 360s.

...$20 though? that blows. you can get more value for a PS2.