News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhishPhan

Rumors:

-MGS4 360 Port to be announced

-New GTA IV DLC to be released for both consoles title "Blood, and a Four-Leafed Clover"

-New project from developers of Fable to be announced

-New Splinter Cell to be revealed

I guess all these rumors will be proven real or fake in twenty days.

VA $l!m

Quote from: PhishPhan on May 13, 2009, 05:24:28 PM
Rumors:

-MGS4 360 Port to be announced

-New GTA IV DLC to be released for both consoles title "Blood, and a Four-Leafed Clover"

-New project from developers of Fable to be announced

-New Splinter Cell to be revealed

I guess all these rumors will be proven real or fake in twenty days.

those last two arent rumors.
link to new splinter cell:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomclancyssplintercellconviction/index.html?tag=result;title;0

and peter molineux has already talked about the project he's developing post fable.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PhishPhan

True, it has been announced but no real gameplay has been shown. The rumor is that gameplay will be shown at E3, I should have stated that.

rowjimmy

Quote from: caravan2001 on May 13, 2009, 12:47:07 AM
I heard Shaun White was good with the Wi Fit, but that's not the same....I'm looking for a next gen version of SSX or 1080

It's really not that great.
I liked it at first but it's kind of a boring game.

jedifunk

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 14, 2009, 08:28:58 AM
Quote from: caravan2001 on May 13, 2009, 12:47:07 AM
I heard Shaun White was good with the Wi Fit, but that's not the same....I'm looking for a next gen version of SSX or 1080

It's really not that great.
I liked it at first but it's kind of a boring game.

agreed... fun at first, then pretty ehh
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

whyweigh5.0

I picked up MLB 09 The Show a couple days ago.  Anyone else playing this.  Does anyone else find it extremely difficult to score runs?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

PhishPhan

The best gaming news in recent weeks...

VA $l!m

hey now. for the upcoming months of the 2nd Quartr of the video game release season i'm going to try and keep us all posted as much as possible on whats new, hot, and being talked about.

starting this week there is a good solid month of releases.
some hyped up a lot, some under the radar, and a few in between.
personally i think there will be at least one or two must buys for each of the major three consoles along with Pcs and multiplatform games.

Releases for Week of may 17th:

Title/                                      Platform/ Genre/    Release Date/        Publisher

Imagine: Makeup Artist                DS    Puzzle    May 20, 2009       Ubisoft
Party Pigs: FarmYard Games       WII    Sports    May 19, 2009       Destineer
Puchi Puchi Virus                         DS    Action    May 19, 2009       NIS America
Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack    PS3    Puzzle    May 19, 2009       MTV Games
Hannah Montana: The Movie      PC    Action    May 19, 2009       Disney Interactive
Jagged Alliance                            DS    Strategy    May 19, 2009       Atari
Tournament Pool                            WII    Puzzle    May 19, 2009       Destineer
Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack    WII    Puzzle    May 19, 2009       MTV Games
I Love Beauty: Hollywood Makeover DS    Puzzle    May 19, 2009       City Interactive
Space Camp                                     DS    Action    May 19, 2009       Activision
Space Camp                                   WII    Action    May 19, 2009       Activision
Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack    PS2    Puzzle    May 19, 2009       MTV Games
Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack    X360    Puzzle    May 19, 2009       MTV Games
Steal Princess    DS    Strategy    May 19, 2009       Atlus Co.
Terminator Salvation                    PS3    Action    May 19, 2009       Equity Games Production
UFC 2009 Undisputed                    PS3    Action    May 19, 2009       THQ
Terminator Salvation                    PC    Action    May 19, 2009       Equity Games Production
Terminator Salvation                    X360    Action    May 19, 2009       Equity Games Production
UFC 2009 Undisputed                    X360    Action    May 19, 2009       THQ
EA Sports Active                            WII    Sports    May 19, 2009       EA Sports
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Stardust Accelerator: World Championship 2009    DS    Puzzle    May 19, 2009       Konami
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers    WII    Puzzle    May 19, 2009       Konami
Bionic Commando               PS3    Adventure    May 18, 2009       Capcom
Punch-Out!!                                    WII    Sports    May 18, 2009       Nintendo
Bionic Boom Blox Bash Party                    WII    Puzzle    May 19, 2009       Electronic Arts
Bionic Commando     Commando                          X360    Adventure    May 18, 2009       Capcom

--the highlighted games are the ones that have been getting the most press.

Terminator Salvation, though it has a basic structure fro success, i'm fairly sure from what i've seen of it that it wont blow anyone away after its release.

Bionic Commando
, which has been somewhat anticipated by the community and has looked really good from the extensive previews, demos and such over the last 6 months, i'm wagering will be the biggest disappointment this week. though i cant say for sure just yet, but i did talk to a friend who played the demo and told me it was not good at all. thoguh this is purely specualtion so of course so i will be checking out the reviews next week.

Punch Out for the Wii i dont think can really miss on the other hand. this game is such a classic, that baring a total mishap or some issue with the Wii-mote controls not translating as well to the new game, that it will be a Big seller and probably alot of fun.

then there is UFC 2009 undisputed. i need to DL the demo for this right now. Over the last month on PSN  i've heard alot about how the demo for this game rulez. And i've seen a good amount of hands on demos and previews with the developers. though i'm not the biggest MMA fan, i do enjoy a good fighting game, and this game is looking to be awesome enough to transcend the  genre to become universally appealing.
its even possible that  this game could become a  Darkhorse gem for this quarter. again, just speculation on my part, but for a premature review check out what team XBOX has to say:

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1703/UFC-2009-Undisputed/p1/

one more note for this week:
i watched a demo for the new Tiger Woods for the Wii, which will be one of the first games to incorporate the new "Wii Motion PLus". the new peripherial for the Wii will add increased sensitivity, dimension, and capabilities to the motion sensored controler. From what i saw not only does the new Tiger game look awesome, but the new Controller looks like it will be able to deliver a much more precise motion control for all Wii games.

-VA.05-09.

VA $l!m

well my willpower snapped and i bought the Wolverine game today after playing the demo last night.

SNiktt!!

PhishPhan

Wolverine is actually pretty decent, best movie game in the past year that I can think of. Just really short.

News:

-Currently 450 people working on Assassin's Creed 2.

-Fallout DLC coming to PS3, two more add-ons planned, GOTY Edition to be released in October for $60 with all packs.

-ZuneX is rumored to be a gaming cellphone.

-Kojima announcement page (http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/) has some interesting words in the source that include the words Metal Gear. Also, a new timer is shown and a "5" or "S" is shown after every lightning bolt. It could just be one character or it may spell out something in the coming days.

rowjimmy

BTW, Assassin's Creed on my ipod touch is awesome.

PhishPhan

Now the Kojima announcement page has a timer for E3. Also, a Japanese magazine article was leaked describes the new Metal Gear Solid to be on PS3 and PSP.

VA $l!m

BTW in r3efereance to the game releasees i mentioned earlier...
well, terminator salvation got Really bad reviews, and the ones i saw for bionic commando did as well. no surprise for the first, but slightly dissapointing for the later.
now for the big ones i'm waiting to hear about this week:
FEUL and INFAMOUS. both i am totally hoping deliver.

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on May 23, 2009, 05:00:18 PM
BTW in r3efereance to the game releases i mentioned earlier...
well, terminator salvation got Really bad reviews, and the ones i saw for bionic commando did as well. no surprise for the first, but slightly disappointing for the later.
now for the big ones i'm waiting to hear about this week:
FEUL and INFAMOUS. both i am totally hoping deliver.

sorry double post, but i just checked gamespot and they already have scores up for some of next week's games.
along with G4, i find their reviews realistic and unbiased for the most part.
so, i'm THRilled to see they named INFAMOUS-due out this week- their EDITOR's Choice and gave it a 9 out of ten! this is a VEry high score for them that they dont hand out often. i wasnt totally sold on this game yet, being a PS3 exclusive and all, but now i'm positive i'll be grabbing it ASAP- most likely this will motivate me to finish up Wolverine and trade up.
not sure if anyone here besides me and Caravan has a PS3, but i'm thinkin this will be a Must buy if you are equiped with the right hardware. here's their review:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/infamous/review.html
http://<embed%20id="mymovie"%20width="432"%20height="362"%20flashvars="playermode=embedded&movieaspect=4.3&flavor=embeddedplayerversion&skin=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/skins/gamespot.png&paramsURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6209493%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D432%26height%3D362"%20wmode="transparent"%20allowscriptaccess="always"%20quality="high"%20name="mymovie"%20style=""%20src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/proteus2.swf"%20type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
the other Three of the "big" titles releasing this quarter that i've been keeping my eye seemed to have All jugled their RElease dates recently.

Moved up a few weeks  first we will get our hands on "DAMNATION"(--PC,PS3, 360) out this week.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/damnation/index.html
the gist of this one is that it incorporates the "steam-Punk" Artistic Genre combined with a post  industrial storyline, and some great third person multi-directional platforming shooter-type play...OR something like that  :| . definitely worth checking out and keeping a tap on the reviews.

after that, pushed back a week--june 2- is the Highly anticipated 'open-world' racing game: FEUL (--360, PS3)
another game's development i've been tracking for the last year. this game is made by codemasters who put out both 'DIRT' and 'GRID' within the last year, and have received Kudos for their efforts to invigorate and very played out Genre. i'm almost sold on this one already as i'm dying to try out a completely different approach to racing, which this promises by taking away the pre-determined tracks and courses of racing games, replacing them with open world maps and the freedom to choose your own way to find the finish line the fastest.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/fuel2009/index.html

finally, by far the coolest premise for a game coming out the first part of this year will be PROTOTYPE (PC, PS3, 360) --June 9. this action game is hard to describe so i highly recommend checking out the trailers... that is if you even like playing kick ass awesome games... if not, buy a Wii or somethin.
to quote gamespot's synopsis:
"An open-world game set in New York starring a shapeshifting man who can copy the appearance, skills, and powers of anyone he comes across."
baring some sort of epic fail, this game will freakin RULE>

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/prototype/index.html

WHeeww! now we're talkin. looks liek things are picking up for 09 and will only get better as the year moves forward.

PS., on a side note, can anyone simply explain to me how to embed videos in a post? does it have to be from YOUtube? or can we use anything thats on teh web?
if the explanation is too complicated i'll just get some help in the correct forum, thx--slim.

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on May 23, 2009, 07:32:06 PM

PS., on a side note, can anyone simply explain to me how to embed videos in a post? does it have to be from YOUtube? or can we use anything thats on teh web?
if the explanation is too complicated i'll just get some help in the correct forum, thx--slim.

if it's something that is actually embeddable, I think all you have to do is paste the url of the video in your post.

for example from vimeo.com