News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 23, 2009, 08:33:58 PM
Civilization for Ipod/Iphone is pretty good.

I'm gonna grab that for my wife's phone....

PhishPhan

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 28, 2009, 01:06:43 PM
Quote from: PhishPhan on August 27, 2009, 05:34:09 PM

I got it for 4.99.

Probably my third favorite. I hear it's the same game as the DS version, which must be pretty good.

Save often.
I have found that it likes to cut out rather randomly every once in a while.

Your playing on an iPhone, correct?

rowjimmy

Quote from: PhishPhan on September 03, 2009, 09:08:20 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 28, 2009, 01:06:43 PM
Quote from: PhishPhan on August 27, 2009, 05:34:09 PM

I got it for 4.99.

Probably my third favorite. I hear it's the same game as the DS version, which must be pretty good.

Save often.
I have found that it likes to cut out rather randomly every once in a while.

Your playing on an iPhone, correct?

iPod Touch, actually.

VA $l!m

it must be gaming season because i'm absolutely broke and cant buy anything!
first big games out today:
http://www.gamespot.com/newthisweek.html?type=new_this_week&mode=top&tag=subnav;new_releases
-WET. looks sorta dope...
-MArvel Ultimate alliance 2-- gonna kick ass
-Need 4 Speed:shift-- a revamp for the series back to its sim roots. actually looks good, but with 2 or 3 more racing heavy hitters coming down the pike this year--ie. Forza,  i dont think it'll be the One to get.

then next week HALO ODST rolls out...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

whyweigh5.0

My PS3 passed on to greener circuit boards yesterday
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Bobafett

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on September 15, 2009, 12:27:31 PM
My PS3 passed on to greener circuit boards yesterday

well that sucks.

I am really enjoying this new madden...graphically, the best ever...gameplay, SOLID.  Thanks again, Madden, you rich sonofabitch.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

whyweigh5.0

At least I still have my 360.  But you know, this is the second time I have had to get a new PS3

For how much these things cost, you would think they would be able to stay in working order for longer than a year

And listen to this.  If you don't still have the receipt for your playstation... sony will repair it, but you will have to pay $150 out of pocket for the repairs.  Even if your system is still under warranty.  Which is BS because I know they don't need proof of purchase to know whether the warranty is still good.  They can just look up the serial number on the machine
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Bobafett

yeah i had a buddy that happened to...he now has a 360, which also has a short life expectancy.  i think the wii is the only new system with a good track record on the hardware side of things.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Caravan2001

picked up Tiger Woods 08 for $9.99 today, and MLB The Show 08 for $14.99.....used, but who cares...I don't have 60 bones for the '10 versions and I figure these will be almost as fun...Almost bought Rachet and Clank, I played it at Game Stop,that shit was fun!

VA $l!m

Quote from: Bobafett on September 15, 2009, 02:59:13 PM
yeah i had a buddy that happened to...he now has a 360, which also has a short life expectancy.  i think the wii is the only new system with a good track record on the hardware side of things.
actually i saw some reports recently that put the stats of 360s failing has drastically dropped. most of the newer gen ones are pretty solid these days.

also, i played the demo for WET today. from what i played it is a pretty dope game.

i also noticed that gamespot picked arkum asylum as their editors choice and gave it a 9 out of 10!

persoanlly i'd love to pick up marvel ultimate alliance 2, but due to finances the next game i'm gettin will be Dragon age Origins by BIOware in October. cant wait for that one.

justjezmund

agreed, i still have my first gen from the beginning and still going strong.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Superfreakie

For my video game friends. (I stopped playing when I discovered pron and pot  :wink:)

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VA $l!m

Quote from: JustJezmund on September 16, 2009, 05:21:32 PM

that has a lot to do with the fact that it is basically running last gen specs. the size of the ps3 processor especially is cranking out major heat. the original 360 which would fall somewhere in between, was just a piece of MS crap, but as i said has a much improved track record.
personally the only problem i had was the RRoD for my 360 which was fixed for free, and no other problems since. so far so good on my PS# thats one year old. though i do have one of the second gen PS3s with the smaller processors. runs like buttah(-knock on wood)

alcoholandcoffeebeans

indeed.
the talk about it in the new Game Informer mag that i picked up a few nights ago to read up on Beatles rockband.... the Madden pictures looked unreal and the read up on the new Metal Gear for the PSP made it sound pretty awesome.

i think it was like 6% of ALL Wii's have had disruptions as opposed to 54% for XBOX and 10% PS3...

and yes, i love my Wii. :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

justjezmund

Quote from: VA slim on September 17, 2009, 10:29:31 AM
Quote from: JustJezmund on September 16, 2009, 05:21:32 PM

that has a lot to do with the fact that it is basically running last gen specs. the size of the ps3 processor especially is cranking out major heat. the original 360 which would fall somewhere in between, was just a piece of MS crap, but as i said has a much improved track record.
personally the only problem i had was the RRoD for my 360 which was fixed for free, and no other problems since. so far so good on my PS# thats one year old. though i do have one of the second gen PS3s with the smaller processors. runs like buttah(-knock on wood)

ya thats true.  my elite already got one red ring.  but they were pretty speedy with the repair and send back.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.