News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alumni

Heads-up for Nintendo owners (hardcore gamers, plz hold the hate  :-P )

Modern Warfare for Nintendo is a strange thing. Despite being released a year earlier, and despite the involvement of Treyarch (as opposed to Infinity Ward), World @ War for Nintendo looks, sounds, and feels better than Modern War: Reflex for Nintendo. I was shocked to find that MW was actually a step back. Visuals are cruder, frame-rate choppier, controls less responsive. It's just not that good. At least the campaign isn't as good.

UNLESS you just want to jump online now and then for a few rounds of multiplayer action. The multiplayer software runs much more smoothly, and the features are pretty much all there in the Nintendo version (minus the screaming 12 year-old racists on chat, of course). Pretty much all the modes, all the challenges, and the online system is almost completely lag-free. If that's all you want, it's a decent enough purchase. But the regular, single-player campaign is pretty weak.

That's my review in a nutshell.

If I were more of a gamer, I would have purchased it for the PC. I just don't play often enough. The one time I tried FPS online multiplayer on PC, I realized that I would never have enough time on my hands to get good enough to make it interesting. So I settle for fragging kids.  :-P
Cause I got a degree

justjezmund

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 16, 2009, 09:22:12 AM
Quote from: JustJezmund on November 15, 2009, 11:30:59 PM
MW2 is the shiznit, they ask this question before you start about this one mission that some people might find offensive,you can skip it if ya one.  i did one that kinda pushed the line a bit close to the beginning. awesome game so far though

Would it be spoiling to elaborate on that?
Can video games really have spoilers?
i guess not highlight to see the "spoiler"there is a mission where your undercover for the cia and you team up with a terrorist and go through an airport and do nothing but shoot innocent people and i mean a lot of them.  you get nothing for it at the end in fact you get killed by the terrorist. Its even kinda pointless to put the mission in the game i really don't know how they got away with it.  even though when you think about it, its not much different than GTA really.  Just felt weird playing it.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

VA $l!m

there are some really good Black friday deals games this week, but i would never submit myself to that torture personally.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on November 25, 2009, 07:53:29 PM
any good deals on MW2?

i believe only in console bundles... i'd have to check.

best buy, walmart, kmart, and gamestop all have some pretty sweet deals.

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA slim on November 25, 2009, 07:22:16 PM
there are some really good Black friday deals games this week, but i would never submit myself to that torture personally.

it's all about Cyber Monday dog.....

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: JustJezmund on November 16, 2009, 04:32:23 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 16, 2009, 09:22:12 AM
Quote from: JustJezmund on November 15, 2009, 11:30:59 PM
MW2 is the shiznit, they ask this question before you start about this one mission that some people might find offensive,you can skip it if ya one.  i did one that kinda pushed the line a bit close to the beginning. awesome game so far though

Would it be spoiling to elaborate on that?
Can video games really have spoilers?
i guess not highlight to see the "spoiler"there is a mission where your undercover for the cia and you team up with a terrorist and go through an airport and do nothing but shoot innocent people and i mean a lot of them.  you get nothing for it at the end in fact you get killed by the terrorist. Its even kinda pointless to put the mission in the game i really don't know how they got away with it.  even though when you think about it, its not much different than GTA really.  Just felt weird playing it.

Dude.  You totally just made me want to get this game.

VA $l!m

VA $l!m

TaGG'd!!

VA $l!m

BTW., some great deals on games @ Best buy this week.

the two i took notice of were:

FoRZA Motorsprt 3 for $40.
&
Fight Night Rnd.4 for $20!

both games are excellent, and there are a few other BIg name titles discounted through Saturday.

Caravan2001

That's a great deal on Fight Night, I might have to hook it up....I got COD Modern Warfare 2, it rules.....Have not finished the campaign yet, but it is amazing, I love it...anyone else have it and wants to pwn the online, let me know...

Caravan2001

Also, Slim, how did you change your PSNetwork ID?  It won't let me do it  :|

jedifunk

anyone have any thoughts/input on assassin's creed?  i'm thinking of grabbing it off of xbox live for $20.  looks like a dope ass game, and gets really good reviews.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: caravan2001 on December 26, 2009, 12:47:26 PM
Also, Slim, how did you change your PSNetwork ID?  It won't let me do it  :|

you need a different email. i have about three just for different Ids. :lol:
Quote from: jedifunk on December 26, 2009, 01:35:11 PM
anyone have any thoughts/input on assassin's creed?  i'm thinking of grabbing it off of xbox live for $20.  looks like a dope ass game, and gets really good reviews.

the original was awesome if thats what your talking about. i finished it and got most of the achievements.

rowjimmy

Got the COD: Modern Warfare fro wii.
It's pretty great.