News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

werd... thats a good idea on the month dealy... i'll probably do that... cuz yeah, i would prefer to do co-op campaigns and shit.

my buddy thats on it has like 50 good friends and thats what they play... its pretty fun.

i still like team games with objectives best, but it seems like a lot of ppl playing are really into respawn games which invariably lead to spawn camping assholes.

but yeah, single player is dope... i LOVE the cover integration... and again, its tits in HD ;)

this weekend (tonight maybe), i'll grab a months worth of live and find you... i'm jedis junk
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

you accept my friend invite yet?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

lol, no, i forgot i had one... i'm still not fully converted to live, so i forget its there.

i'll look tonight
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

so i hooked up the 1yr xbox live last night... (saw you playing oblivion tet ;) )

slim, GRAW2 online is the shit!  i played co-op campaign for like 4 hrs and its the fucking shit!!!

everyone was communicating, and working together, and even though we still didnt win each time it was so much fun...

there were also a few games i played where its was basically a DEMO map, but the guys trying to defend the demo sites had NPEs (non playable entities-comp players basically) on their side which made it a lot of fun...

i think you'll definitely dig GRAW...  i'll probably be on late night tonight... gotta a birthday sushi dinner to go to tonight!!!!  yummy.... but when we're hope, once the wife passes out, i'll get on and we'll rip it up...

i sent you an invite btw
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

right on. i'll try and get on after 10CT., i gotta work in the mornin so prob wont be on too late.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

werd... i probably missed ya... went out for birthday sushi, and didnt get home until late, and then the wife was feeling a lil frisky ;)

said something about a scratch she needed to itch ??? IDK... but i looked for this scratch for a long while ;)

anyhoo, the comcast guy is coming this morning to setup the HD box! :banana:

but i'll probably be trying to get on for a lil bit tonight at some point.

once we're on together, i'll introduce you to my friend tourclock since you guys will be on a lot more than i will, and he's got a great group of friends that are all mostly heads, but they play alot... that way you'll be in a good network of peeps to play with right away

hit me up
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

cool.

i'm actaully not playing as much as i used to, especially now that the weather is shapin up real nice the last week or two, i got a little spring fever and i'm tryin to be more productive.

the single player for GRAW2 is fun as hell though... i also like that i can be playing the single player offline and just tap a buttin to check online real quick, then back to single player if i want.

HEy, one thing i havent figured out yet in the game-- do you "use" your medpacks, or do they just use themselves?? i know its different for the medic, but the other guys it says they have 4 each, but i dont think there is a way to use them  :|

ANYway, also, on 360 i notice it talks about music, and the ability to import it from a ipod or whatver i think... how can you set that up? i'm too lazy to read the book :-D

can you just DL stuff through an ethernet connection? or from a flashdrive maybe? i dont own a PMD, but i figure there's gotta be some other way maybe... does it play while your playing a game?--- shit i guess i should just read the book!!  :lol:

jedifunk

there is an update you have to DL for free to play via ipod... i'm pretty sure it will read mp3 files from any source (flash drive, etc)...

then you can pick your own music for in game sound

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on March 18, 2007, 11:39:35 PM
there is an update you have to DL for free to play via ipod... i'm pretty sure it will read mp3 files from any source (flash drive, etc)...

then you can pick your own music for in game sound

yeah, i gotta figure that one out... i got a flash drive...

tet

i actually stream everything in my iTunes library (except the purchased tracks, of course) to my 360 from my Mac using something called Connect360.  it costs a few bucks and works like a charm, even for videos (as long as they are in WMV format).  all you do is go into the Xbox dashboard, go to Music, select "From Computer" and it should find your computer.  if you have Windows, there are other apps you can use that will do the same thing.  no need to actually use the 360's hard drive to store your music, it's very easy to stream it over your home network. 
-Phish

jedifunk

SWEET!  thanks for the tip tet!  i'm gonna hook that up tonight!  although its just as easy to hook my ipod up as well.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

either of you guys that have a 360, did ya'll buy the attachment to cool the system?

the guy at the store tried to get me to buy it for $20, said that the most problems w/ the 360 were forom overheating.

i also havent decided on whether to buy the extended 2 year warrante(SP?) yet...

tet

i have one, and about 2 months after i started using it, my 360 died (the classic "3 rings of death" failure).  now, i have had problems with it since day one, and it died about 11 months after i bought it, so i can't directly tie the thing to either saving or killing my 360.  luckily i was within the 1 year included warranty so they fixed it (within a week!!).  i have not used it with my replacement unit yet, but that too has had occasional issues with freezing or not recognizing a disc.

i think it's a good thing to have extra cooling, but i will warn that it adds significant noise even when the system is idle.  if your system doesn't get much natural ventilation (stuck in a cabinet, close quarters), i'd say buy it.  otherwise, the thing should cool itself pretty well. 

i've been getting back into playing Oblivion these days with the expansion pack due out soon, so you won't find me on GRAW2 any time soon.  maybe once that drops in price a bit...  i may pick up Call of Duty 3: Gold Edition for $40 this week at Circuit City though, that's a great game. 
-Phish

OctopusRider

Quote from: tet on March 20, 2007, 07:27:15 PM
i may pick up Call of Duty 3: Gold Edition for $40 this week at Circuit City though, that's a great game. 

I'm kinda slow to getting Call of Duty. I just purchased the 1st one for PC on Sunday. It kicks ass! What system are you getting Call of Duty 3 for?

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on March 20, 2007, 07:27:15 PM
i have one, and about 2 months after i started using it, my 360 died (the classic "3 rings of death" failure).  now, i have had problems with it since day one, and it died about 11 months after i bought it, so i can't directly tie the thing to either saving or killing my 360.  luckily i was within the 1 year included warranty so they fixed it (within a week!!).  i have not used it with my replacement unit yet, but that too has had occasional issues with freezing or not recognizing a disc.

i think it's a good thing to have extra cooling, but i will warn that it adds significant noise even when the system is idle.  if your system doesn't get much natural ventilation (stuck in a cabinet, close quarters), i'd say buy it.  otherwise, the thing should cool itself pretty well. 

i've been getting back into playing Oblivion these days with the expansion pack due out soon, so you won't find me on GRAW2 any time soon.  maybe once that drops in price a bit...  i may pick up Call of Duty 3: Gold Edition for $40 this week at Circuit City though, that's a great game. 

right on.
i guess i'll just grab an extended warraunte(--god i can't spell that word! :evil:) before its too late... my 360 only came with a 3 month warrantee!! -- wack!

BTw, GRAW2 is sweet, but not really a must have probably... th eonline doesnt do much for me, and i'm already through 2/3 of the single player.

Rainbow 6 VEgas is what i want next... evne though its been out for a half a year, the multiplayer  is off the chain apparently... dod you know that with the 360 camera you can put you own head/face on your online persona!-wow!