News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-06-19 Blossom Music Center - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Post-Show Discussion

Started by mehead, June 20, 2019, 07:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Set I: Soul Planet > The Moma Dance, Kill Devil Falls, Your Pet Cat > Back on the Train, Everything Is Hollow, About to Run, Divided Sky, I Didn't Know, Walls of the Cave

Set II: Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan > Birds of a Feather > Crazy Sometimes, Miss You, Everything's Right > Chalk Dust Torture > Slave to the Traffic Light

E: Split Open and Melt, A Life Beyond The Dream^

^First Time Played
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

Setlist covered a lot of albums/eras.

Just firing up this birds.

rowjimmy

First set is all rawk and tight as shit. Don't sleep on it.
Second is realy great. BOAF is good but, I think the Chalk Dust is better.

Then Melt... woah

emay

ph92

Shit was hot.

My parents loved it, although my mom's now officially a jaded vet, she said this show wasn't as good as Alpharetta 16 N2
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Caravan2001

Def some white hot stuff in this second set.  Have not heard a lot of the first but liked what I did.  The BOAF deservedly gets the bulk of the hype, but Crazy Sometimes and Everything's Right also have a little extra sauce, as does the CDT and Split as RJ states.  It's early on in the tour, but this is head and shoulders above what came before imo.

cactusfan

I love that they've rediscovered Melt. This one maybe isn't quite as spectacular as the three at the end of '18, but it's still pretty wonderful.

Birds has some nice moments, but seemed a little underwhelming for a long jam.

rowjimmy

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

Quote from: cactusfan on June 20, 2019, 06:17:34 PM
I love that they've rediscovered Melt. This one maybe isn't quite as spectacular as the three at the end of '18, but it's still pretty wonderful.

Birds has some nice moments, but seemed a little underwhelming for a long jam.

I dunno, to me it held my attention for the whole time.  Usually I lose interest during a lot of the long jams.  This one seemed to take off real early and hold steady for the duration. But to each their own, I might change my tune after another listen. 

VDB

Quote from: ph92 on June 20, 2019, 05:58:45 PM
Shit was hot.

My parents loved it, although my mom's now officially a jaded vet, she said this show wasn't as good as Alpharetta 16 N2

Keep the pressure on, Ma!
Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax