News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 11, 2021, 07:38:55 AM
Quote from: Hicks on January 11, 2021, 02:40:35 AM
Grabbed the BN Classics of Sidewinder while out record shopping this weekend and damn dudes, this sounds sick.

I have the MM SRX and of course that sounds better, but this really is coming quite close.

Pretty insane value in terms of pressing quality for basically $20.

I have looked everywhere and can't find a copy for under $100. If anyone finds one at a local shop, I would be happy to paypal the quid to pay for it and shipping. Or if someone knows of a site that still has it, let me know please.

But these aren't limited at all, correct?  I would imagine they would be back in stock soon.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on December 27, 2020, 07:01:33 PM
Brothers in Arms MOFI is in stock at Acoustic Sounds, had to scoop it. Pretty legendary title in terms of sound, never have heard the MOFI before. Stoked to check it out.

This is getting great reviews.  Did you get yours yet?

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 24, 2021, 02:24:46 PM
Brothers in Arms MOFI is in stock at Acoustic Sounds, had to scoop it. Pretty legendary title in terms of sound, never have heard the MOFI before. Stoked to check it out.

You inspired me to bust it out, sounds incredible. 

I?ve been listening to this album since I was a kid, both on vinyl and CD, hell I think my dad may have even had it on cassette for the car, or maybe I did?

Anyway, it?s the best it?s ever sounded to my ears. Not tinny at all like some of the CDs I?ve heard, including a Japanese Xrcd. Way more bass heft than other versions, meaty! 

Definitely recommend getting it. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on January 24, 2021, 08:20:36 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 24, 2021, 02:24:46 PM

You inspired me to bust it out, sounds incredible. 

I?ve been listening to this album since I was a kid, both on vinyl and CD, hell I think my dad may have even had it on cassette for the car, or maybe I did?

Anyway, it?s the best it?s ever sounded to my ears. Not tinny at all like some of the CDs I?ve heard, including a Japanese Xrcd. Way more bass heft than other versions, meaty! 

Definitely recommend getting it.
Grabbed one. Everyone says it's best one by a mile.  Yes, the album was recorded to digital, but from the sounds of it, this is one of the best sounding MOFIs out there.  Stoked to check it out.  It's gone from Acoustic Songs (and MOFI, and everywhere) but I found one on Discogs for $60. Little spendy for a single LP but I'll soon forget about how much I paid, especially once I spin it. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on January 21, 2021, 01:15:29 AM
DP 36 $150 from Real Gone.

It?s showing as sold out, but it?s not, sign up for the in stock notification because this is gonna go quick. 

https://realgonemusic.com/collections/new-releases/products/grateful-dead-dicks-picks-36-7-lp-set

Up on PopMarket now for $185...

susep

Heady mail day, received  :syf: - Origins 8/21/68 finally after ordering last May.  Lee Morgan - The Rajah and George Russell - New York, NY also arrived.  Missed out on the initial acoustic sounds Coltrane releases, pumped to have some this go around. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: susep on January 30, 2021, 03:15:13 PM
Heady mail day, received  :syf: - Origins 8/21/68 finally after ordering last May.  Lee Morgan - The Rajah and George Russell - New York, NY also arrived.  Missed out on the initial acoustic sounds Coltrane releases, pumped to have some this go around.

I order that Z2 comics joint in April. Of 2019.

Hicks

Just got my VMP Reckoning and dudes, the set might be worth the $450. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on February 04, 2021, 07:06:48 PM

Did you buy the whole set, or just find someone piecing it out? I really just want Without A Net from it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Yeah I?ve been thinking about it a lot lately and I?m pretty sure I?m going to buy it  :cry:  :shakehead:

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 05, 2021, 06:00:52 AM

Did you buy the whole set, or just find someone piecing it out? I really just want Without A Net from it.
Got it on Ebay for $55. 

Just scored E72 for $65. 

Without a Net is going for around $150-$175 so far. 

Buffalo Budd

Damn, I should just custy up for that E72.
I lucked out at the local record shop and copped Ray Charles - Crying Time and Modern Sounds in Country & Western Music for $5 each today.
The latter was an upgrade but for that price, how could I not.
I also finally picked up the BN Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 05, 2021, 12:14:31 PM
I lucked out at the local record shop and copped Ray Charles - Crying Time and Modern Sounds in Country & Western Music for $5 each today.

I bought so many used copies of MSIC&W before I finally just broke down and picked up a brand new reissue. That album sold an astounding number of copies back in the day, but it is painfully obvious that it didn?t just sit on peoples shelves. Every used copy I?ve ever seen is ?well-loved? and almost unlistenable.

Compare that to say, Goetz/Gilberto, which was likely in all those same collections, yet the used copies I?ve found are in really good shape. It seems like one got a lot more actual play in houses back in the day.

All just my imagination running wild based on personal findings, of course.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

I think your assessment is reasonably accurate, PG.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 05, 2021, 12:38:17 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 05, 2021, 12:14:31 PM

I bought so many used copies of MSIC&W before I finally just broke down and picked up a brand new reissue. That album sold an astounding number of copies back in the day, but it is painfully obvious that it didn?t just sit on peoples shelves. Every used copy I?ve ever seen is ?well-loved? and almost unlistenable.

Compare that to say, Goetz/Gilberto, which was likely in all those same collections, yet the used copies I?ve found are in really good shape. It seems like one got a lot more actual play in houses back in the day.

All just my imagination running wild based on personal findings, of course.

I haven't spun this copy yet but it looks VG+ or better.
My old one is VG at best.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.