News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

my household's at a standstill.

my brother and i are MGS geeks.
MGS4. that's one of the soul reason's we'd get a PS3.

but he was telling me on our drive home from VA today that
xbox is also putting out MSG4...

i'm not up  on my reading of videos games lately. not enough time in the day.

so my question... is it coming out on both systems...
and if so, which system do you prefer?
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

jedifunk

yeah i did... i sent you a game insight, but you must have been involved in one already....

rainbow six is pretty sweet.... although, i'm really interested in COD4!!!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

MGS4 is apparently due on both 360 and PS3 later this year.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on May 20, 2007, 09:06:30 PM
yeah i did... i sent you a game insight, but you must have been involved in one already....

rainbow six is pretty sweet.... although, i'm really interested in COD4!!!

have you played COD4??...LMK

i'm really slackin on new games... i've been trying to void looking at everything so i don't end up going on a spending spree...
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on May 20, 2007, 09:05:23 PM
my household's at a standstill.

my brother and i are MGS geeks.
MGS4. that's one of the soul reason's we'd get a PS3.

but he was telling me on our drive home from VA today that
xbox is also putting out MSG4...

i'm not up  on my reading of videos games lately. not enough time in the day.

so my question... is it coming out on both systems...
and if so, which system do you prefer?

MSG4 = ?? ... sorry, what game is that?

as far as 360 vs PS3-- check back in this thread... there is a good amount of discussion... i mulled over this same decision awhile back and ended up with a 360. basically at this point its a no-brainer, and that is coming from a formerly 100% loyal PS & PS2 owner. i never thought i'd switch over, but basically Playstaion is Waaaaaay behing the curve of XBox as of now. maybe in a couple years that wont be the case, but as of now XBOx games are able to take more advantage of the new machines capabilities than PS3. in general the graphics are better presently, and all the games coming out are coming out months ahead for XBOx and when they do come out for PS3 they are 'ports' (basically translated copies) of the xbox game version. and the major kicker is the XBOX live interactive online community which is lightyears ahead of the complete lack of online support for Ps3.

anyway, SHIT! jedi i almost forgot, someone told me today that the new GI magazone had an official article about SOcom4... and he said its DOPE! --- oh yeah, after all i just wrote, i dont care shit for XBOX if SOCom4 comes out and is the shiznit, im buyin a PS# PRONTO!! :lol: :roll:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VA slim on May 20, 2007, 09:23:21 PMMSG4 = ?? ... sorry, what game is that?

you will learn, obviously, i am a horrible typer :D

MGS4... now, does that makes sense? ;)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VA $l!m

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on May 20, 2007, 09:32:45 PM
you will learn, obviously, i am a horrible typer :D

MGS4... now, does that makes sense? ;)

uh, no   :lol:

i meant that i don't know what game that is.

what does MGS4 stand for?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VA slim on May 20, 2007, 09:51:38 PM
uh, no   :lol:

i meant that i don't know what game that is.

what does MGS4 stand for?

sorry... i'm assuming... you know what happens whe... nevermind.

metal gear solid 4 :D  = MGS4

VA $l!m

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on May 20, 2007, 09:54:18 PM
sorry... i'm assuming... you know what happens whe... nevermind.

metal gear solid 4 :D  = MGS4

:lol: :-D

...cool.

i havent played one of those since the 2nd one i think.

great series though.

if you like that, you'd probably love Rainbow6vegas for 360.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VA slim on May 20, 2007, 10:10:10 PM
:lol: :-D

...cool.

i havent played one of those since the 2nd one i think.

great series though.

if you like that, you'd probably love Rainbow6vegas for 360.

yeah?
so tell me about this game...
unless you've explined it earlier and i need to get off my ass and start reading back in the thread :)

VA $l!m

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on May 20, 2007, 10:17:17 PM
yeah?
so tell me about this game...
unless you've explined it earlier and i need to get off my ass and start reading back in the thread :)
well...

its a series that goes back for awhile... it is basically a First Person Shooter... and was named the online multiplayer game of the year... honestly i'm not to sure how great the single player mode is......
its just your basic tactical run and gun sort of game, but with a ton of great extra features... if you've ever seen the  ghost recon series, its made by the same people(both are tom clancy inspired games).

anyway, if your not into shooter games neccesarily, i do have a\nother just GReat gmae recommendation, and its available for all consoles-old and new:
--my favorite game of the year probably, and mainly a non-online game, great in single or team player mode--
MARVEL: ULtimate ALliance

-check it out if you havent.

personally, i've just been junked out on online shooter games since jedifunk got me hooked on socom last year!
--so once my socom phase wore out, i had to find a new one, and i bought a 360 and got into this Rainbow6 shit!
i just like all the attention to detail, and customization, as well as gameplay... the weapons and gadgets are dope, and you can fully customize your online personna>> even to the point of putting a 3d image of your own face/head on your online player!

but like i said, i heard of some confirmed shit about socom4 finally... and i've got to see it!!!

VA $l!m

well, its official, socom for PS3 will be out in the fall, and its lookin pretty dope.

most likely there wil be more details/ trailers/ screenshots/ demos  unveiled at the E3 conference next month, but as of now i'm stoked.

guess this means i better enjoy my Xbox360 this summer, because come fall i'll be back on the Playstation wagon for this one!! w00t!

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/SOCOM_Confrontation

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

i just got a Wii for my birthday!!  surely wasn't expecting that!!  it's fun as hell, but there is not much in terms of games to choose from it seems.  Wii Sports is a blast, and i've already created Miis for our Phavorite Phour.  graphics are nothing compared to the 360, but i'll enjoy having another type of game to play... gonna have to pick up Super Paper Mario i think, that looks good. 

anyone have any other recommendations for Wii?  and anyone out there have a friends code they wanna swap?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on June 14, 2007, 07:21:05 PM
:roll:

:-D

anyway, jedi, have you been on 360??
what are you playing??

when i was in VA the last two weeks i was staying with a friend who had a 61" or somthing ridiculously huge TV and he had a 360... but no online! :-( so i'm jonesin to get back on.

they just released a FPS game derived from my Favorite RPG of all time: "Shadowrun"... unfortunately they totally blew it in terms of loyalty to the original game, but i might DL the demo just to check it out. ALSO, i think i read that this will be the first game to be a platform crossover between 360 and PC online-- in other words both console and PC gamers will be able to play together online for the first time... ehh... we'll see.

my friend was playing a lot of madden and some Lord of the rings battlefront game... man that shit is addictive, he played it for almost 7 hours straight one day... worse yet, i watched it the whole time!  :lol:

personally, i feel my next move is to start looking for a HD tv, so i can take full advantage of the next gen systems.

--do any of ya'll have opinions as to the difference of playing with HD?? am i  missing out??

i was even thinking of seeing if there are HD monitors that are cheaper than TVs... just for gaming... :| stupid idea?

Red Sea Pedestrian

Anybody play WoW? Fallout?

Anybody own a freakin' Wii? Wii + 4 or more friends + Jaggermeister = good times.