News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: Red Sea Pedestrian on July 06, 2007, 10:14:39 PM
DON'T GET A PS3! You're better off getting an X-Box, they pretty much share the same games, and the X-Box is cheaper plus has great customer support.

If you're afraid to shell out so much money, go with the Wii dude, great for drunken mayhem with friends.

whatver you do don't get a PS3... unless all you really want is a BLuray player, otherwise they are useless... and this is coming from a PS1 and PS2 owner (not an original xbox owner)...

it cracks me up everyu time i go back on PS2 online to play socom --just to talk to my old friends... and besides how fucking pitiful an online experience that it is, all i have to HEAR about is how all of them are playing socom (a PS2 game) pn their PS3s... because they dont even have any other fucking games... maybe resistance fall of man... but they are still waiting for titles that came out on 360 over a half year ago... then if they do finally come out the games are ports ('lossy copies' essentially) of the 360 version... and the online setup/community SUX taboot!

i mean all these guys are sittin there playing some LAGgy ass broke down PS2 game on their $600+ freakin machine and sittin there talking shit about the 360 which they have absolutely no IDEA  what they are missing.

so, besides admitting that Microsoft is a moneygrubbing  manipulative terrorist organization...
they already won this war hands down, and i for one have been converted and and damn happy about it.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

thechad

The war's not over yet, PS3 will in the end be victorious.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

VA $l!m

well...
here's what most likely will be one of the best games ever made, coming this fall:

CALL OF DUTY 4 MODERN WARFARE.

if you havent seen the trailers, do yourself a favor and check these out...

the first one entitled 'bog rescue' is actual gameplay. Freakin disgustingly sick.  :-o

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/902/902590/vids_1.html

VA $l!m

also, some serious stuff will be goin down this week at the annual E3 conference.

sux i don't have digital cable, b/c the G4 channel has hella coverage apparently.

http://www.ign.com/index/e3/2007/

Guyute

Quote from: VA slim on July 08, 2007, 04:30:23 PM
also, some serious stuff will be goin down this week at the annual E3 conference.

sux i don't have digital cable, b/c the G4 channel has hella coverage apparently.

http://www.ign.com/index/e3/2007/

Cool, I have G4 thanks for the heads up.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

thechad

Star War: Force Unleashed trailer just released, looks totally badass!

http://starwars.yahoo.com/
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

jedifunk

yup this games gonna rule!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Jesso666

:mrgreen: Yeah this is my Fav, its no XBoX 360 but I Dig it,

VA $l!m

Quote from: thechadbaker on July 14, 2007, 04:55:48 AM
Star War: Force Unleashed trailer just released, looks totally badass!

http://starwars.yahoo.com/

pretty tight.

apparently there is a video of  COD4 modern Warfare from the e3 conference that is badass too...
my friend told me its on Xboxlive... not sure if thats DLable from the console or what, but apprently its footage of a tester playing the game that is super dope... i'll try and find it...

VA $l!m

jedifunk

wow, the shadow effects are amazing
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

in reference to the E3 conference, and also some stuff i read in a mag yesterday, sony is seriously behind the 8 ball this year coming up.
they've fianlly knocked a $100 off their price tag, but they still are waaaay behind the curve of of catchin up to Xbox.

this fall's lineup for Microsoft is one knockout after another , basically planned at a 1 top selling game a month rate.
some say sony is still the console of the future, but they better not wait to long or it won't even matter.

jedifunk

after seeing that vid of COD4 i dont even see why you would want to go back to socom
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on July 18, 2007, 12:02:10 PM
after seeing that vid of COD4 i dont even see why you would want to go back to socom

heh. no doubt.

i'm totally over it... i'm 'this' close to hockin my old PS2 for madden when it comes out.

especially now that i actually have friends on Xbox live that i play with... guess its time to say goodbye to socom and 'deacon'.

best part about makin friends on 360 is that when one game finally gets old, you can just link up on whatver is new with the same peeps.

BTW, my posse(clan) on 'Rainbow six', etc. is -WMA, 'Waste(d) Management'   :lol: --we have a blast!   :samurai:

jedifunk

sweet!  i havent been online in quite some time... i need to get back into it, but who knows when that will be.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio