News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 07, 2008, 06:23:41 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 04, 2008, 09:36:15 PM
Stupid Lost game isn't coming on the Wii...  :x
Oh, well. still have the PS2.
Dammit... This is xbox/ps3/pc only
might hafta buy my first pc game in 20 years.

you seriously cant go wrong with a 360..

Bobafett

my next purchase is a new flat-screen, then high speed, then the 360.  They rock.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

I have a wii and I'm not buying another game system.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 07, 2008, 09:20:33 PM

:lol: :samurai:

i think one next-gen system is more than RJ ever planned on having!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on February 07, 2008, 10:30:06 PM

This is true.

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on February 07, 2008, 04:07:02 PM
Quote from: VA slim on February 07, 2008, 03:29:55 PM
just bought MASS EFFECT! can't wait to get into this today!

BTW., not sure if i already mentioned it, but if you havent DLed at least the FREE trial version of REZ HD off XBOX LIVE yet, you owe it to yourself to do so. totally a cool game to watch let alone play!

nice, lemme know what you think about Mass Effect.  i've wanted to grab it for a while, but honestly just don't have the time to play it as thoroughly as i'd like right now.  maybe i'll grab it once it's on Platinum Hits...  Rock Band is honestly my top priority at the moment!!  and i'm not getting bored with Halo or COD4 yet.  can't wait for those new maps with COD4!

well, IMO, MASS EFFECT RULES!
it all comes down to that it is an incredible and groundbreaking game, but still basically a RPG.
graphically its sick as well. this review from IGN is what sealed it fro me to go buy it, and they are dead on in their description of the game, so if you want to know exactly what you are getting into(good and bad):
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/833/833640p1.html

Bobafett

i have the Wii now and i do love it.  but the 360 just keeps bringing the graphics to the next level.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Bobafett on February 08, 2008, 01:41:20 PM
i have the Wii now and i do love it.  but the 360 just keeps bringing the graphics to the next level.

we gots both.

they're both awesome in their own reasons..
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VA $l!m

updates:
call of duty 4 patch out in next week or so, with things like improved sniping and quick mute for annoying players. NEW multiplayer map pack looks like at least a month away now.

1st installment of 'mass effect' DLC (downloadable content) will be available march 10th.

rainbow six vegas2 out  march 4,9,11???

star wars Force unleashed??? havent heard shit... gotta look into this one.

>>>EDIT: its gonna be summer. bummer.

VA $l!m

a ton of great news coming out of the GDC(game developers conference) this week.

i've just been catching the live coverage from 'X-PLAY'  on G4TV (7pm/12pm CST).

tonite i saw the preview of lucasarts Other game due out this summer: 'FRACture'. this non tradtional shooter with environmental tech. looks sick. it is also on their website if ya wanna check it out.

also, i mentioned in the other thread that the 360 will have a bluray drive attachment out in may!  :clap:

AND... i just saw the preview of slicon knight's 'TOO HUMAN'... HOLY FUKIN SHIT!!! FUCK!! SHIT!!! DAMN!!!  :-o
can you say: PREORDER!   :samurai:

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on February 04, 2008, 08:36:38 PM
though i did manage to make a list of every release i am getting for th enext six months or so:

1. Lost ODyessey-feb.12, 4  disc RPG produced by the guy that did Final Fantasy.>>passed on this one.
2.Raibow sixVEGAS 2- march 6.if i have extra cash, but i'm not running out to get it , especially since COD4 is still running the FPS scene.
3.FOrce Unleashed-march 30?? postponed till 3rd quarter 08  :-(
4. GTA4- APRIL 27>> ooohhh YEAAAHH!!, this game is going to rule 08!
>>4.5: TOO HUMAN-- MAY 6... totally on my list of must haves this year
5. IRON MAN-APRIL 27. ehhhh, have to wait for a review once it gets closer.
6**SOUL CALIBER 4!!!!!**- june 1.-- no question, this might be the best game of the year.
7. AGE OF CONan- online RPG- 3rd quarter 08 >>god, if i make it to the 3rd quarter i'm going to have tooo many games!!!!

.......and there are many more games coming about this year that could deliver, but as soon as the 2nd quarter hits there are going to be more options for killer games that everyone will have more than they ever wanted or thought possible. definitely a LAndmark YEAR in gaming history as the 'next gen ' platforms hit their stride...

AND that reminds me: PS3 sales actually outdid  360 sales last month for the 1st time ever i believe. partially owing to the blurayhddvd war, and also a few key 1st quarter releases like the new GRan Turismo. though still abysmal overall, Playstation hopes they might still have a chance at getting things together for this huge year. while xbox is looking for new ways to up the bar and keep ahead of the game... things talked about include a major overhaul of XBOXLIVE, with new and expanded applications and  features. 

-slim.

tet

... and, just announced at GDC - Gears of War 2 will be released in November!!!  :banana:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 08, 2008, 07:57:01 AM
Quote from: VA slim on February 07, 2008, 10:30:06 PM

This is true.

same here.
right now the wife and I are semi-addicted to guitar hero. they need some  :syf:

I mentioned for the holidaze lbs got me a skull and roses skin. It's not official GD, but imo you get the idea from it. btw, she contacted the company (they do custom skins) and asked them if they made something GD like. This is what they came up with, and apparently they did well with it and kept on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FACEPLATE-SKIN-FITS-GUITAR-HERO-3-FOR-XBOX-360-SKINS-SB_W0QQitemZ130199761140QQihZ003QQcategoryZ122517QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

edit to add: I also wish they had Rock Band (or Drum Hero) for wii
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

tet

Rock Band is coming to the wii.  they didn't say when, but it is coming.

GD is also coming for Rock Band, which is gonna rock - i think they said 18 songs eventually!  can't wait for those to start rolling out...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on February 20, 2008, 02:52:54 PM
... and, just announced at GDC - Gears of War 2 will be released in November!!!  :banana:

yup, saw that.

also, i just saw the demo for 'AGE OF CONAN'! And found out that it will be released earlier than expexted. hopefully by MAY!!

this game has major hopes riding on it as the 1st MMO to give WOW a run for its money. it will be available on both 360 and PC. and i cant wait since i relaly ant to get into WOW, but dont really have the setup for it or wnat to pay the monthly fee. though since i love RPGs and always wanted to play a MMO, this is looking awesome and is gettign great reviews.