News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: PhishJY on March 24, 2008, 05:51:38 PM
Slim, did Rainbow Six Vegas 2 release get pushed back to 3/18 for you?  Not only that, but it was released on 3/18, but it wasn't in stores until 3/19...WTF is that all about?  I bought it, and love it.  How 'bout you?

i'm not getting it.
oh well.
really i'm just burned out on online shooters right now, and mostly just the smattering of morons that play them.
also, i was pumped to get it, but some of the reviews i saw disclosed some things that turned me off... like that fact that it really hasnt stepped up all that much as far as next gen development goes from the first installment. since COD4 set the bar so high, i didnt really want to take a step back just to play some new maps and shit.
but mainly like i said i'm burnt on the whole multiplayer shooter genre right now. AND i'm broke, AND i'm saving up my gaming energy for the 3 BIG RELeases coming up next month:
1.GTA4
2.TOO HUMAN
3 AGE OF CONAN
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

ok, so for those who have played lego star wars... question.

what the point of collection all the minikit pieces?  can you actually fly those ships that you build with the minikits?  or are they just for show?
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

thechad

Finally have caved in to totally nerddom.  Just got WoW and I think that it might be the greatest game I have ever played.  If I drop off the face of the earth, please come look for me.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

gene

Quote from: thechad on March 30, 2008, 02:18:01 AM
Finally have caved in to totally nerddom.  Just got WoW and I think that it might be the greatest game I have ever played.  If I drop off the face of the earth, please come look for me.

oh no, i was a victim of world of warcraft among 9 other million people :o
haha the games got its pros/ cons
I decided i never would play again a few months ago, but damn it was a good boredom killer
What server ya on?
i had a mage and warlock on archimonde i played since release, old school
so many wasted hours
boy i feel like a huge fucking nerd
qq

oh i almost forgot, beware of the purple fever

rowjimmy

Quote from: jedifunk on March 30, 2008, 12:54:14 AM
ok, so for those who have played lego star wars... question.

what the point of collection all the minikit pieces?  can you actually fly those ships that you build with the minikits?  or are they just for show?

Yes you actually can fly those in some bonus levels.

I have, as of yesterday (thanks to a long hiatus) finished the story but I'm only 53.6% done. Lots of Free play left... I love it.

jedifunk

so how do you get to these bonus levels?

is that the big "?" door?  i've completed 2 ships thus far... and didn't want to waste the time to finish the rest if i couldnt do anything with them. 

good to know... thanks
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

off the cantina, to the right of the episode doors, is a bonus door.
Each episode room has a bonus door as well.

jedifunk

which game are you speaking of?  i'm playing lego SW 1, episodes I, II, III...

SW2 is the original trilogy
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

OIC.
I have the complete saga version.

VA $l!m

so, i'm really bummed but i guess a few of the games i was hoping for next month have been pushed back til early fall releases.

1.AGE of conan hyberian chronicles will be out for PC may20th, but not until september for the 360.
2. TOO HUMAN, though there is no official announcement rumors that it will be released in august, basically wait and see since it has been postponed multiple times.

so, looks like i'll be jumping on the GTA4 bandwagon, even though i'm not as big a GTA fan as others. BUT, this game is going to seriously rock. also, the online multiplayer is looking to be a very excellent bonus.
in stores april 29th, if ya didnt know already.

this also means that i might break down and get rainbow six vegas 2... mainly because i dont have any games right now that i'm really into.
-assassin's creed is a beautifully made and  excellent game, but is VERY tedious and somewhat boring after you get into the bulk of the game.
-COD4 is basically the only other game i have right now, and since i lapsed in my live account i've tried beating the single player on  veteran (-see impossible) which i've determined is possibly the most frustratingly difficult game i've ever played...to the point of totally NOT being fun at all, in fact its quite the opposite of fun.

now i could re-up my subsciption and play some multiplayer COD4, but like i mentioned before  i am fairly burnt on it.
so, i'm considering trading in both games and grabbing rainbow6 just to occupy my time until GTA comes out at least.
WHO WAS IT? PHISHJY?? that said he bought it?? have you played online? is the experience  at all different than the first one??

anyway,
i also came across another game with a definite release date of MAY 2 that i think i'll be getting:
IRON MAN
now, i'm as sceptic as the next guy about both comic book games and movie games, but there are a couple of things going for this one. first of all the last MARVEL game i played, marvel super heroes ultimate alliance, was a brilliant game. iron man is made by a different developer so it doesnt really mean anything, but... well the good news is SEGA is the company putting out iron man, and if you dont know already SEGA is on a serious development roll this year. X-PLAY named them the number 1 developer of 08 so far, and they are garnishing much praise for all their releases of late. plus i used to collect iron man, and i love the character...AND check out the website and this trailer set to... what else? BLack sabbath!:

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/ironman/index.php

jedifunk

you sure keep up on games...

me, i'll be playing PES 2008 (soccer) till next march when PES 2009 comes out, and won't get bored of it ever... since futbol rules face!

that and having the lego star wars games atm are so much fun... it quirky and silly, and easy, but very fun and addictive
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

oh yeah... other than that, i'll probably fall in the gta trap too... i've never beat a single one of those games, but each one keeps me entertained for months.

and i hadn't heard that it had online multiplayer, which should be interesting
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

the online multiplayer has some very promising formats with up to 12 players at once i believe.

BTW, i watched a review of PES the other night which said it was the best soccer game by far out there, but it still was somewhat lacking as far as next gen game development goes. sorta like NBA games i guess. i hope by next year every game will be the nuts, and next gen will be current gen.

jedifunk

yeah... fifa08 (EA) is the other soccer game, and it pales in comparison...

big differences
- fifa has all the licenses for all the leagues around the world, PES does not
- gameplay (the most important thing)... PES is so much better, very close to how real soccer is played.
- graphics, fifa has the edge

but since all i want to do is play soccer, PES has the goods
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

PhishJY

Quote from: VA slim on March 31, 2008, 11:54:18 PM
...this also means that i might break down and get rainbow six vegas 2...

...WHO WAS IT? PHISHJY?? that said he bought it?? have you played online? is the experience  at all different than the first one??

Yeah, I bought it, and I've really enjoyed it.  Finally finished it last nite.  I have played online, but only once.  I joined a friend to play story mode co-op.  It worked out really well.  It's probably the most fun I've had online in a while.  I definitely got my $60 worth.  I'd recommend it. 

I'm not going to ruin the ending, but the plot is that you're another member of Rainbow conducting business (in a different place) at the same time Rainbox Six: Vegas 1 is going on.  I tried to explain the plot as best as I could.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?