News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Just get them both.
Mario Kart is great for a party whereas Mario Galaxy is not.
Both are quite fun.

VA $l!m

watched the new trailer on Xlive last night for star wars force unleashed.
had seen most of the footage, but still dope.

also, in anticipation of soul caliber 4 later this month, namco revamped the original for Xboxlive... pretty sweet HD makeover for only 800 MSP.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Force Unleashed is still due in Sept. right?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 03, 2008, 02:09:52 PM
Force Unleashed is still due in Sept. right?

QuoteApril 3, 2008 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed has an official U.S. release date of Sept. 16, 2008, in the United States, LucasArts announced.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

two days after my birthday...

:-D

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 03, 2008, 09:05:02 AM
Checking in for those of us on the Wii front of things...
My eldest daughter received Mario Galaxy for her birthday last week (from me, of course,) and it totally rocks.

Super Mario Galaxy is a phenomenal game.  i've only gotten thru the first 3 worlds i think, but it's a load of fun.  gorgeous graphics for a Wii game, and going back to their platforming roots was brilliantly executed.  i've really enjoyed the time i've spent playing this, and now that i'm thinking about it, maybe i'll toss it back in the Wii this weekend if i have time.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

just watched about 30 minutes worth of new video footage of SOCOM 4 confrontation, from the pre E3 conference release.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/906/906076/vids_1.html

damn, looks pretty sick, and very SOCOM true. i think i'll be buying a Ps3...... at least i'll get a bluray playa, right? :-D

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on July 08, 2008, 03:37:01 PM
i think i'll be buying a Ps3...... at least i'll get a bluray playa, right? :-D

Huge plus.  and if I'm not mistaken, it's cheaper than buying a straight-up bluray player.

VA $l!m

damn!
just saw a release date of march 09 for star wars Battlefront III!!!!
suwheeeet!!
can't come soon enough. love that game!

VA $l!m

oh, aND  here is G4tv's schedule for coverage of E3 08, next week:

JUL
   G4's Massive E308 Coverage Announced
Posted By: Robt. Juster - Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:45 PM

As you might imagine, E3 is a very special time of year here at the G4 offices... You'll never see a giddier bunch of nerds and geeks in your whole life as in the week leading up to E3.  With that in mind, and ahead of the official G4 press release, we wanted to give you an idea of what to expect from our E3 coverage will be this year.  With over 17 hours of live coverage on G4 – including COMMERCIAL FREE coverage of the Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo press conferences – its going to be quite a week. And if that's not enough, you can count on the G4tv.com team to bring you even more: Every single trailer and screenshot, live streaming coverage of all press conference (not just the big three but all the rest), special editions of The MMO Report, Sessler's Soapbox and Freestyle 101, and more.  Oh yeah, and we'll be launching an HD version of our video player so you can watch high res versions of all of your favorite E3 trailers. Bamph!

As always, you'll be able to enjoy highlights of our E3 coverage (and tons of web-exclusives) on G4tv.com... along with coverage extended to G4 Podcasts and G4 Mobile (now available on VCAST). G4 on Demand (VOD) coverage on you cable/ satellite set-top box will start July 17th.

We're beyond excited, and as you make your way down this list, you will be too.  Keep in mind that the games listed in the coverage below are actual demos, not simple previews or teaser trailers.  That's how we roll.

Monday July 14th
1PM ET – Half-hour pre-show followed by the entire Microsoft Press Conference – live and commercial free on-air and online.
6PM ET – EA Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
7PM ET – Two-hour E3 Preview Show featuring the following DEMOS:

* Fallout 3
    * Fable 2
    * Halo Wars
    * Ghostbusters : The Videogame
    * Silent Hill: Homecoming

Tuesday July 15th
12PM ET – Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Nintendo Press conference
2:30PM ET - Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Sony Press conference
5:30PM ET – Ubisoft Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
6:00PM ET– Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:

* Gears of War 2
    * Resistance 2
    * Killzone 2
    * Rock Band 2
    * Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    * Prince of Persia
    * Street Fighter IV
    * Lord of the Rings: Conquest
    * Dark Void

7:30PM ET – CAPCOM Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
11:30PM ET – ACTIVISION Press Conference - Streaming coverage on G4tv.com

Wednesday July 16th
5:30PM ET - KONAMI Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
6PM ET – Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:

* Resident Evil 5
    * FarCry 2
    * LittleBigPlanet
    * Dead Space
    * Spore
    * InFamous
    * Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    * Left 4 Dead
    * Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe
    * Crysis: Warhead
    * Shaun White Snowboarding
    * Deadly Creatures

Thursday, July 17th
6PM ET – Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:

* Mirror's Edge
    * Madden NFL '09
    * Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
    * Tom Clancy's EndWar
    * Project Origin
    * Banjo Kazooie
    * Face Breaker

Friday, July 18th
7PM ET – Attack of the Show E3 Wrap-up Special
8PM ET – X-Play "Best of E3" Special

So there you go. Keep an eye on AOTS, X-Play and this site for updates.

tet

so i got my 3rd Red Ring of Death on my Xbox 360 yesterday... this box lasted since September, so almost a whole year!!  They're getting better :roll:

i immediately set up a repair at their depot, which is still in-warranty for any RRoD issues.  while awaiting the shipping box, i decided to try the "towel trick" - basically, you unplug everything but the power cord, wrap the Xbox in towels (i used 2, but the video claims 3 is the lucky number.  mine were big, so i figured it would be OK).  you then let it 'bake' for about 20-25 minutes while powered on, allowing the whole thing to heat up a lot (note: have a fire extinguisher handy).  then, you unwrap it, turn it off, and let the unit cool for 15-20 minutes.  power it up, and it should work for 4-5 days until you have to repeat the process again.  mine returned to functionality, so hopefully i'll be able to use it through the weekend, after which it will be shipped off for repair. 

i'm really annoyed that i'm having to go through this AGAIN, but at least they're fixing the problem, and compensating me with a month of Xbox Live for the lost time.  yippee. 

i may very well go out and buy a new unit if they announce lower prices/bigger hard drives next week (i've only got the 20 gig, but would happily pick up a discounted Elite unity with a 120 gig drive!)
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on July 10, 2008, 02:29:11 PM
so i got my 3rd Red Ring of Death on my Xbox 360 yesterday... this box lasted since September, so almost a whole year!!  They're getting better :roll:

i immediately set up a repair at their depot, which is still in-warranty for any RRoD issues.  while awaiting the shipping box, i decided to try the "towel trick" - basically, you unplug everything but the power cord, wrap the Xbox in towels (i used 2, but the video claims 3 is the lucky number.  mine were big, so i figured it would be OK).  you then let it 'bake' for about 20-25 minutes while powered on, allowing the whole thing to heat up a lot (note: have a fire extinguisher handy).  then, you unwrap it, turn it off, and let the unit cool for 15-20 minutes.  power it up, and it should work for 4-5 days until you have to repeat the process again.  mine returned to functionality, so hopefully i'll be able to use it through the weekend, after which it will be shipped off for repair. 

i'm really annoyed that i'm having to go through this AGAIN, but at least they're fixing the problem, and compensating me with a month of Xbox Live for the lost time.  yippee. 

i may very well go out and buy a new unit if they announce lower prices/bigger hard drives next week (i've only got the 20 gig, but would happily pick up a discounted Elite unity with a 120 gig drive!)

well...
as far as i know, if you send yours back in, as of ~the beginning of 08, they will mail you a completely new generation model that doesnt have the same probs as the ones from 07 and prior.
i know this sounds vague, and honestly i cant remember the details, but it was sometime about 6 months ago that they made notice that they had finally started producing models that avoided the majority of probs with the earlier models.
i can DEFFinitely say that when my friend here in NEb's box bit it back in the spring and he mailed his in that they sent him a completely new BOx that runs like a champ-- it even sounds quiter and doesnt heat up like his old one...with a very fast turn around time.

personally i'm curious as to if with the drop in the price of the new 360s if SONY will follow suit at all, or if the lone fact that their player has a built in BLuray is the reason they cant and will not any time soon drop their price point...........

fingers crossed that they do, with SOCOM coming out in oct.

they do however, with the release of socom, have an apprently wondeful new blutooth headset soming out that is supposed to be the boomb and can be used with your phone and such aswell as with the games. bundled with the socom release at $6o or only $20 on its own it is more than hlaf as inexpensive as microsoft and nintendos previous units, and is apparently way more solid technology with personal mute and a charger stand.

tet

the first time i sent mine in (11 months after i got it), got a refurbed one.  the one i got back in September was a completely new unit.  it had a build date of August '07, and was significantly quieter and, presumably, cooler than my old new one.  so since then, you've heard that they've made a more significant breakthrough?  that would be nice...
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on July 10, 2008, 10:52:29 PM
the first time i sent mine in (11 months after i got it), got a refurbed one.  the one i got back in September was a completely new unit.  it had a build date of August '07, and was significantly quieter and, presumably, cooler than my old new one.  so since then, you've heard that they've made a more significant breakthrough?  that would be nice...

yes, i'm sorry i cant remember the specifics, but it had something to do with a fix... seeing that it was such a common problem, they apparently looked into it extensively and all models built since the first of the year or so apparently are running without the same probs. i think it was around the time they changed the warranty program and extended everyone's 1 year to three years if i recall correctly.

tet

Quote from: VA slim on July 10, 2008, 11:30:04 PM
i think it was around the time they changed the warranty program and extended everyone's 1 year to three years if i recall correctly.

that was beginning of July last year.  which is why i thought i was getting a better box in September.  guess not... :roll:
-Phish