News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

simpler, albeit uglier, times.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

There was nothing like hitting the two hour mark in a single game of Breakout...

I didn't rediscover that buzz until drugs.

VA $l!m

i was an intellivision man myself.
coolest...or something like that... controller ever.

though i did play my fair share of pong when it cam out and my G-parents had it.

my folks-religious types that they were- held off as long as they could on caving into me, so i wasnt afforded an ATARI. of course i played plenty at my friends houses. we finally caught up with intellivision, then i moved onto the original SEGA system>>SEGA genesis>>Playstation 1> PS2> 360. switching to the 360 was one of the toughest decisions i ever had to make in my life. :| and as you cna tell from my current posts i'm still not convinced that i shouldnt have both consoles at this point.

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on September 05, 2008, 07:51:25 PM
i was an intellivision man myself.
coolest...or something like that... controller ever.

though i did play my fair share of pong when it cam out and my G-parents had it.

my folks-religious types that they were- held off as long as they could on caving into me, so i wasnt afforded an ATARI. of course i played plenty at my friends houses. we finally caught up with intellivision, then i moved onto the original SEGA system>>SEGA genesis>>Playstation 1> PS2> 360. switching to the 360 was one of the toughest decisions i ever had to make in my life. :| and as you cna tell from my current posts i'm still not convinced that i shouldnt have both consoles at this point.

I find your lack of Nintendos disturbing.

(I know, you were one of those :-D)

rowjimmy

For me it was Atari 2600 > lots of computers > PS2 > Wii.

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 05, 2008, 09:14:39 PM
For me it was Atari 2600 > lots of computers > PS2 > Wii.

I'm game:

NES > SNES > PS1 > N64 (for Bond) > PS2 & Dreamcast > Dreamcast into trash can.

jedifunk

mmm, well....

apple IIe (bolo ruled) > nintendo > genesis > dreamcast > ps1 > ps2 > xbox 360
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

whyweigh5.0

I have an SNES in my van 8-)

pimp
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

with Microsoft drastically reducing the 360s pricepoints, i'm really wondering how the f- sony expects to survive.
i forget the numbers, but they've lost multi-millions since the PS3s release.

now a basic 360 is only $199, and sony instead of lowering the price of their basic 40gb unit, instead is getting rid of both the 40 and 60gb ps3s, replacing them with only 80gb (and possibly 160gb units in the future) for same base price of $399......

i dunno, i really wish sony had a clue. talking about old systems, i feel the ps2 was the best system for the period, and i so wish they could have delivered the goods over the last few years with the ps3. i still prefer their overall esthetic and approach towards gaming over MS, but they just cant get anything right these days, and now they are seriously playing catch up in the market.
microsoft has them by the balls in N. AMerica, and if i recall correctly they just cut the asian price of the 360 waaaay down, much lower than the US equivalent.

there is still hope for the PS3, we will have to just wait and see. according to their presentation at E3, they are on a 10 year plan with this console, and they feel that they are exactly where they were with the PS2 in its 3rd year. adn most importantly they believe that their hardware, which is superior in all respects to the 360, will outlast even another generation of XBOXs...

in the meantime though, if you want to play the best games, and play them as soon as they come out, and you want the best DLC, and the best online community... well, XBOX pwns.

blatboom

Quote from: jedifunk on September 05, 2008, 09:43:35 PM
mmm, well....

Dreamcast would be the same generation as PS2.  Did you have a Saturn?  (what an overpriced piece of crap that was)

Caravan2001

Started with an Odyssey in around 76-77, in 78-79 we got Fairchild Channel F which was the first cartridge system.  It was actually decent.  Around '80 we got a 2600 which of course ruled.  I still have one and about 30 games, but I only bust it for Kaboom which is an all time fave of mine.  Almost got a full back piece tattoo of a screenshot.  Still might.  After that it was Apple II+ and IIE (Bolo does rule, so did Lode Runner and Ultima II) until high school when I started playing the first NES.  We used to rock Tecmo Bowl.  The I think the next thing was a Genesis (Blades of Steel....) in college and a Super NES sometime after.  After that, N64 (I played Golden Eye and Turok forever).  At the same time I had a PS1 and that ruled, then a PS2 and now a PS3.....I still really like a lot of the older games.....I also bought a tabletop (cocktail) Tempest machine on Ebay in 98 or 99 and that was my pride and joy, but I decided not to bring it out west when I moved...Tempest rules

Caravan2001

tet

Apple ][e > Intellivision (probably same time as the Apple) > NES > N64 > XBOX > XBOX 360 / Wii
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

Quote from: blatboom on September 05, 2008, 10:58:00 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on September 05, 2008, 09:43:35 PM
mmm, well....

Dreamcast would be the same generation as PS2.  Did you have a Saturn?  (what an overpriced piece of crap that was)

oops yeah, thats it... saturn... i knew it was something like that... and yeah, what a piece of shit that was
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio