News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

rowjimmy

I'll probably get Force Unleashed in the next couple weeks...

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 08, 2008, 08:42:01 PM
I'll probably get Force Unleashed in the next couple weeks...

PS2?
wii?
i thought the wii version wasnt coming out right away... i dunno, maybe so.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Last I checked, it was coming out this month...

Edit: Yep.

whyweigh5.0

has anyone played Infinite Undiscovery yet?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 08, 2008, 10:57:07 PM

your talking Wii right?
the Wii version is very different than the 360 and ps3 versions.
if you didnt know already i beleive they have 3 star wars games for the wii coming out.

also there is another lucas arts title due out very soon... i can trmemeber when or the name of fthe top of my head, but it was very cool as well.

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on September 08, 2008, 10:58:43 PM

no, but i def. need to find some reviews. it came out today i believe. and even though Final Fantasy was announced to be going multiplatform, it is probably a year off at least. so this game is SquareEnixs big effort for a long time.
the previews i've seen look pretty cool, and though its still cliche in many aspects, it does look to be a tightly made game.

also, conan hyberian chronicles which came out for PC to mixed reviews back in the spring, should be coming out this month.
although it didint get perfect reviews, possibly with a few fixes for the console version, it could prove to be interesting and i believe it was supposed to be one of the first real MMOs for console..... i'll have to check out some updated info.

like i said this fall through next spring is going to produce more quality games than possibly any other time seen in recent history or ever for that matter considering the stride in next gen production that is happening.

many excellent titles could slip through the cracks if you are not paying attention.
i need to check my update lists of releases!

jephrey

I went  2600 > 5800 (at a friend's but joust ruled on this system and I played a lot) > NES > Genesis > [College included more Genesis, SNES, PS, Saturn (whatever game we played was great on mushrooms, some little gecko guy running around on trails) and N64] > (PS2/PS3 at my bro's at lunch daily > Wii.  My bro and I also have collected stuff.  We have 50-100 atari 2600 games and a couple consoles, an intellivision console and about 25 games, and some other console that I can't remember and like 5 games.  Got to hit up more garage sales for this stuff.  It'd be nice to have a big television with many gaming systems all set up to play on it (with original equipment).  Emulators are cool though.

So how are all all your skillz on GHII or GHIII?  I've been playing GHIII a short while (~2 months) and can beat the first 45 songs on hard, and I've got the first 13 or so down on expert (I can beat some further on, but that's as far as I got on my tour).  I think I can beat everything on medium.  If I can get 63% on that Dragonforce song on expert, I'd hope I can beat it on medium.  On GHII there are many more I can handle on expert, but nothing is as fun as Jessica (although that Ozzy song is good too).

Anyhow.  I love the game and can't wait for world tour.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

Quote from: tet on September 06, 2008, 12:26:19 AM
Apple ][e > Intellivision (probably same time as the Apple) > NES > Genesis > N64 > XBOX > XBOX 360 / Wii

FTFM

totally forgot about my Genesis years... i knew i was missing something!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on September 08, 2008, 11:57:36 PM

your talking Wii right?
if you didnt know already i beleive they have 3 star wars games for the wii coming out.

also there is another lucas arts title due out very soon... i can trmemeber when or the name of fthe top of my head, but it was very cool as well.

I went to the lucasarts site and very nearly ordered the wii version directly.

Trust me, man, I've been interwebbing for quite some time.

the other Star Wars game is a rush-job of a film tie-in called Clone Wars. It's straight Lightsaber dueling.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 09, 2008, 07:52:23 AM

your talking Wii right?

I went to the lucasarts site and very nearly ordered the wii version directly.

Trust me, man, I've been interwebbing for quite some time.

the other Star Wars game is a rush-job of a film tie-in called Clone Wars. It's straight Lightsaber dueling.
the clone wars movie tie in was one of the 3 i was thinking about, buti believe they have one more coming down the pike this fall/winter as well. if i recall correctly it will be a STRaight light saber duel game  made to take advantage of the new Wiimote peripheral. though i could just be trippin...that accessory isnt out yet, is it?

rowjimmy

The Clone Wars game is the lightsaber dueling game.
That, Force Unleashed, and Lego Star Wars are the only Star Wars games currently being marketed on the Lucas Arts site.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 09, 2008, 09:42:43 AM
That, Force Unleashed, and Lego Star Wars are the only Star Wars games currently being marketed on the Lucas Arts site.

yes, i know the exact game your talking about.
i'm saying there should be yet another game.

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on September 09, 2008, 09:44:12 AM

I hear you.
That why I said what I highlighted above.

Perhaps they aren't ready to hype it yet.

Regardless, the point is that Force Unleashed is due out next week on all platforms and I'm totally buying it soon.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 09, 2008, 10:05:10 AM
Quote from: VA slim on September 09, 2008, 09:44:12 AM

I hear you.
That why I said what I highlighted above.

Perhaps they aren't ready to hype it yet.

Regardless, the point is that Force Unleashed is due out next week on all platforms and I'm totally buying it soon.

yeah after re-playing the demo last night, i liked it more than the first time i played it.

i'd might get it the day it comes out, but i'm still torn on whether or not to buy madden...
and i'm thinking of trading in too human for credit since i already beat the game once. though i want to get out of the habit of always trading in games. i think i've bought over 15 games in the last year- all of them great games- and i only have two currently. one of them, call of duty 4, i actually bought sold/traded in, and bought it again!

whyweigh5.0

your talking Wii right?

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on September 08, 2008, 10:58:43 PM

no, but i def. need to find some reviews. it came out today i believe. and even though Final Fantasy was announced to be going multiplatform, it is probably a year off at least. so this game is SquareEnixs big effort for a long time.
the previews i've seen look pretty cool, and though its still cliche in many aspects, it does look to be a tightly made game.

also, conan hyberian chronicles which came out for PC to mixed reviews back in the spring, should be coming out this month.
although it didint get perfect reviews, possibly with a few fixes for the console version, it could prove to be interesting and i believe it was supposed to be one of the first real MMOs for console..... i'll have to check out some updated info.

like i said this fall through next spring is going to produce more quality games than possibly any other time seen in recent history or ever for that matter considering the stride in next gen production that is happening.

many excellent titles could slip through the cracks if you are not paying attention.
i need to check my update lists of releases!

after reading some reviews I've gathered that it's a good game, but short.  30 hours and you're done.  And there are too many characters to have to keep up with (with weapons and gear and stuff).  Something like 18 of them for such a short game.  It said that some of them you use once and that's it... if at all.  The guy said at one point he noticed someone helping him in a quest that he had no idea was even in his party