News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

oh and the PES gameplay is great
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

yeah, same in NBA.   2k is far and away the most realistic and fun basketball game i've played, and it has gotten better every year (been playing it since the Dreamcast days!).  other than this new DNA shit, the licensing is the same on both (maybe EA has ESPN graphics, big deal)

in EA's defense, they did absolutely nail Madden this year - best version ever, i think.  and NHL '08 finally made it fun again and got me to switch back from 2k.  been playing EA's NHL since Genesis, and between '95 and '07, they were pretty much crap so i didn't buy it at all, but they made a dramatic improvement last year, and the demo of this year's version (which i can now buy - just came out yesterday) is even more slick. 

i love me some good hockey!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

blatboom

Quote from: tet on September 10, 2008, 12:06:48 PM

in EA's defense, they did absolutely nail Madden this year - best version ever, i think. 

that's good to hear.  We get College Football every year, but last year's was garbage.  I don't understand how they can actually take a step back from one year to the next, but they did.  This gives me hope they got it right this year.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Bobafett on September 10, 2008, 12:23:24 PM
NHL 94 ROCKS FACE111000101

I was gonna say the same thing about NBA Jam!

He's On FIRE!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

blatboom

:lol:

there was a hockey equivalent of NBA Jam that kicked serious ass, NHL Open Ice

tet

actually NHL Hitz was the cooler version of that (put out by the same people that did NFL Blitz, of course)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

blatboom

Quote from: tet on September 10, 2008, 12:36:17 PM
actually NHL Hitz was the cooler version of that (put out by the same people that did NFL Blitz, of course)

Those were a little more modern though they're all archaic at this point.

VA $l!m

Quote from: blatboom on September 10, 2008, 12:27:22 PM

in EA's defense, they did absolutely nail Madden this year - best version ever, i think. 

that's good to hear.  We get College Football every year, but last year's was garbage.  I don't understand how they can actually take a step back from one year to the next, but they did.  This gives me hope they got it right this year.

WAAAAAIIIITTTTT!!!!

thats a BIG NO!!!

everyone completly bashed NCAA 09 this year. apparently it was the worst version they ever made.
ser. dont waste a penny even renting it.

and as far as your opinion of NBAlive tet. i respectfully have to strongly disagree.
its all about preference man. i'm not alone in this. i've talked to MANY long time basketball video game fans and there are people on both sides tha either LOVE 2k or LOVE Live. i'm the later. i've really never enjoyed 2k even though i've bought it many times. in fact i think i've returned more versions of 2k than any other game. i've been pissed  over different years, especially recently as i mentioned at how live came out, so i'd go buy 2k. and i always end up HATING how it plays. i try and try to get used to it, but i cant so i end up returning it.
the dreamcast version was excellent and i did play that one extensively. but to say live'sengine is horrible is just your opinion. as i said the next gen attempts for live have ALL feel flat, but up to that point Live was by far the superior game mechanics wise. to me and many of my friends we just prefer the feel of the game and disdain the feel of 2k.
its apples and oranges bro, for real.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on September 10, 2008, 05:32:45 PM
Quote from: blatboom on September 10, 2008, 12:27:22 PM

WAAAAAIIIITTTTT!!!!

thats a BIG NO!!!

everyone completly bashed NCAA 09 this year. apparently it was the worst version they ever made.
ser. dont waste a penny even renting it.

WTF.  :samurai:

:x :x :x

:frustrated:

VA $l!m

DOUBLE XP weekend on COD4!

why weigh you said you played didnt you?

you should party up wit us sometime. me and the iguana/thxmrminor PWN rockin the PAUG clantags.  :samurai:

BTW, XPLAy gave 'infinite undiscovery' an excellent review. if your into japan RPGs its apparantly awesome. and one nice thing is the combat is in real time if you are sick of the traditional turn based combat system ala finalfantasy.

gene

get the pc version you nubs  :evil:

VA $l!m

Quote from: gene on September 12, 2008, 11:55:24 PM
get the pc version you nubs  :evil:

???
of what game?
COD4?

most peeps that play FPS', either play them exclusively on PC or on consoles.
both breeds, especially the PC players can be real snobbish about their machine of choice.
personally i've been playing games exclusively on consoles for years. i think the last game i played on a PC was 'bards tale' over twenty years ago. i cant imagine using a mouse to play a game, or not playing on a big TV with surround sound...especially a shooter. though most PC heads feel the exact opposite way.

it was real weird when microsoft was pushing the cross console-pc online with games like shadowrun last year. obviously it didnt really catch on. besides all the bugs i think it just cant be done fairly. they are two completely different approaches to playing a shooter.

VA $l!m

so "force unleashed" is getting some fairly schetchy reviews.
i'm going to do my best to nto get it right away, and hopefully be able to score a cheap used copy in a month or two.

i'm actually more excited for LucasArts other release at this point: 'FRacture' due out OCT 7.