News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

and THIS is why I happily pay for xbox live
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on October 17, 2008, 06:13:41 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on October 16, 2008, 11:42:56 PM
Quote from: VA slim on October 16, 2008, 10:34:46 PM
2 days of a crashed socom server= SLIm is STRESSFRATED!!!  :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Crud...I've got it right here, headset charged up....Is this the same crash still from yesterday, or did it crash again?  Is it up and down, or just down?

the server is fucked...i'm gonna check right now, but i dont have any hopes until monday when a new patch is coming out.
your best bet to get in a game is to log on anytime outside of primetime hours of 6-12pm eastern.
also, if you can get on the server but continually get disconnescted, try deleting your profile and making a new one. worked for me for a bit yesterday, but then the whole server froze up and noone was gettin in games.
we'll see about tonite. i'll be trying for sure, but if it doesnt pan out i'm going to play COD on LIVe b/c i got to kill someone soon or i'm gonna freak!

EDIT!!:

ITS UP AND RUNNING LIKE BUTTAH!!!!

::slim up all nite playin socom; see ya in a few days!::

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

ok, to be fair to fifa... i went back and played about 15-20 games in the demo last night, then played PES for a couple right after to do a direct compare.

and i'll say... fifa 09 ain't that bad... there were things i liked better than PES and vise versa... after about the 5th match or so of fifa i was really getting a handle on it, and actually enjoying it!  the player models & animations are sooo much better, very individualized IMO... where as pes is a bit too static, in that there isn't  much difference between say wayne rooney & lionel messi...

also the gameplay and pace/speed of the game was pretty good.  and the AI was on par with pes

i liked how in fifa all the passes/shots/crosses/long balls had a power  meter... wish pes would add this.

overall i think i'll go with pes, but fifa is really close this year, and the fact that they have waaaaay way more licenses that pes may sway me that way next year.  we'll see
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Declan

good to hear  8-)

glad your willing to get a full perspective
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

jedifunk

always do... i was a fifa guy for years..  and every year fifa comes out here in the states first so i always think about buying it to tide me over till PES...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Mr Minor

Tonight on G4 they are doing a complete show dedicated to the new Guitar Hero.  It is also going to talk about creating your own music on the game.  Should be interesting.  Curious if you can put different music on it and make it work.  I know there are downloadable songs, such as some Dead tunes, but how sweet would it be to put something like DWD or Divided Sky on it and rock out??

The game itself is sickly addicting.  I had never played it until last week and my buddy is going to get the new one next week.  Should be interesting.

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Caravan2001

Really digging SOCOM now that I have gotten a little deeper into it.  I am still a total noob, but it is bad ass.....Still trying to figure it out and I just get murdered left and right, but I have only been able to play three 30-40 minute sessions.....My wife hates it and we only have one TV and blah, blah, blah, blah, but it is sick.....I have never really experienced online gaming before, so I am jazzed.  We used to all play Doom on the LAN at work, but since then I've never gone online...so sick....I'll be ready to hook up a game with you soon Slim....As well, I am jonesed about the Little Big Planet delay, but it's better for my bank account...

antelope19

Quote from: caravan2001 on October 22, 2008, 10:03:34 PM
Really digging SOCOM now that I have gotten a little deeper into it.  I am still a total noob, but it is bad ass.....Still trying to figure it out and I just get murdered left and right, but I have only been able to play three 30-40 minute sessions.....My wife hates it and we only have one TV and blah, blah, blah, blah, but it is sick.....I have never really experienced online gaming before, so I am jazzed.  We used to all play Doom on the LAN at work, but since then I've never gone online...so sick....I'll be ready to hook up a game with you soon Slim....As well, I am jonesed about the Little Big Planet delay, but it's better for my bank account...

:lol:

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

i'm officially 110% SOcracked out.

but 'fallout 3' comes out tuesday.
i've got to figure  out a way to get this game ASAP, but its time for bills, and i'm already fZucked.
we'll see, but if you are into either RPGs or FSPs or just really well made video games at all, this is a MUST HAVE.
most likely will be GAME OF THE YEAR imo.

only thing that sux is that i want to get it on PS3 but 360 will have exclusive DLC in the future.

so many good games this month i'm missing out on already. bummer.

rowjimmy

XBOX users :
http://gizmodo.com/5070189/new-xbox-experience-nxe-review-its-pure-improvement
This November, the Xbox 360 will turn three. So far, it's been a profitable and successful system for Microsoft, capturing the attention of developers, snatching exclusives away from the PlayStation 3 and gaining lots of street cred from hardcore gamers.

But in spite of this success, Microsoft has chosen to make an aggressive, totally unprecedented step. They're completely overhauling the Xbox 360 firmware with a free update called the New Xbox Experience (NXE) that hits consoles on November 19th. Functionally, it's hiding at least one killer app. Visually, it's a bigger jump than Windows XP to Windows Vista. Given that NXE is a mandatory update for anyone on Xbox Live, it's a good thing we really, really liked it.

Hit the link for more...

VA $l!m

if you go to the marketplace on live there are exstensive videos detailing every aspect of the new 'dashboard'.

one thing they did take back that they were originally promising though was teh ability to share videos and DLC with a limited # of friends, bummer. when they first announced teh upgrade back @ E3 they said that if you DLed a movie you could share it free of charge with a limited # of people on your friends list. i guess they decided that would be too generous.

playstation home is also expected to launch approx. the same date.
should be interesting for me, comparing the two... if i havent sold my 360 by then.

GBL

Quote from: VA slim on October 29, 2008, 06:41:03 PM
if you go to the marketplace on live there are exstensive videos detailing every aspect of the new 'dashboard'.

one thing they did take back that they were originally promising though was teh ability to share videos and DLC with a limited # of friends, bummer. when they first announced teh upgrade back @ E3 they said that if you DLed a movie you could share it free of charge with a limited # of people on your friends list. i guess they decided that would be too generous.

playstation home is also expected to launch approx. the same date.
should be interesting for me, comparing the two... if i havent sold my 360 by then.

Where the hell you been?  8-)
If this is love, I'm never going home..

blatboom

tet

i'm really excited for NXE.  my roommate has Netflix, so now we'll be able to stream in HD right to the TV any time we want - farkin brilliant Microsoft!!!  seriously, it's way too cool of a feature for them to be throwing in for free!

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish