News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on October 29, 2008, 09:07:41 PM
i'm really excited for NXE.  my roommate has Netflix, so now we'll be able to stream in HD right to the TV any time we want - farkin brilliant Microsoft!!!  seriously, it's way too cool of a feature for them to be throwing in for free!

there are a lot of nice things about the new dashboard.
personally i'm stoked for both it and HOME.
i havent tried aLing much from the PSstore yet, but it is also fairly cool.
one difference i think between the two as far as movies is if i'm not mistaken, is that you can actually buy and keep movies from the PSN, whereas 360 just streams. not sure how much memory a HD movie would take up though...i'd be looking into it more if i wasnt so broke currently. when i first hooked it up i was thinkin of gettin iron man on bluray from the store.

BTW, the reviews for the first part of teh fall onslaught of top tier games are in:

Fable2= 5 out of 5.
far cry 2= 4 out of 5.
littlebigplanet= 5 out of 5.
Fallout 3= 5 out of 5
.----this game is unreal! its the first thing i'm buying as soon as i pay my bills.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

played the 'mirrors edge' demo today. very cool.

jedifunk

well, after a good 8 month hiatus, i picked up GTA4 again... on a whim, i was bored, and it was sitting there next to the xbox, so i said, what the heck!

now i'm addicted again... and i'm still only 51% complete!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on November 03, 2008, 08:15:42 PM
well, after a good 8 month hiatus, i picked up GTA4 again... on a whim, i was bored, and it was sitting there next to the xbox, so i said, what the heck!

now i'm addicted again... and i'm still only 51% complete!

yeah, wish i still had my copy...

Caravan2001

I want to pick that up again, I am only about 25% done, but I have been hooked on SOCOM and before that, SKATE...on top of it all, I rented littlebigplanet, so I have 5 days to check that out....SOCOM rules.....

VA $l!m

Quote from: caravan2001 on November 04, 2008, 09:51:33 PM
I want to pick that up again, I am only about 25% done, but I have been hooked on SOCOM and before that, SKATE...on top of it all, I rented littlebigplanet, so I have 5 days to check that out....SOCOM rules.....

LMK how you like LittleBig Planet.
i'm stuck wit SOCOM and SOCOM only right now...just too broke to pick up anythin else.
once i get my bills paid, i'm either gonna pick up FALLout 3 or  Fable 2.

its almost good i'm broke though, otherwise i'd have to be delegating video game time between all the stuff out there i want to play right now.

VA $l!m

i played the COD world at war multiplayer beta today. i have to say, it was awesome. i'm not a big fan of the WWII strain of this game, but overall it had the COD4 feel, with some graphic and gameplay upgrades. i think the 4 player co-op will turn out to be real fun as well.

also, played teh Tom CLancy's END WAR demo on PS3. this game is dope, and revolutionary. this will be the first RealTimeStrategy game to really break into the console market. it uses a completely encompassing voice command setup  instead of keyboard functions to circumvent the problems previous RTS' that have attempted to port to consoles from PC. very cool game. hopefully i'll get the chance to pick this one up.

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA slim on November 06, 2008, 06:43:39 PM

i'm stuck wit SOCOM and SOCOM only right now...just too broke to pick up anythin else.

its almost good i'm broke though, otherwise i'd have to be delegating video game time between all the stuff out there i want to play right now.

LittleBig Planet is SICK!!  Just put it down (not by choice) after about one hour of total play.  Have to return it tomorrow, but it rules, and I want to get it for sure.  Basically, I just played through the first two levels, which is really just an orientation to the controls and the environment. I don't know if this game is for everyone, as it is really like a massive kind of Mario Bros.....It could not be further from a shoot-em-up  or like that.  I just think the graphics are insane and the whole environment is just really well done.  I have not even checked out any of the online capabilities, but I have to say I had a lot of fun playing it.  A hardcore gamer might find it it a little immature, I dunno....I think it is super dope.  I bet the reviews are good.  The game is so massive, I barley scratched the surface...I'll have to get it, but I am glad I rented it first, because even though I think it is bad ass, not everyone might...

VA $l!m

Quote from: caravan2001 on November 08, 2008, 01:30:26 AM
Quote from: VA slim on November 06, 2008, 06:43:39 PM

LittleBig Planet is SICK!!  Just put it down (not by choice) after about one hour of total play.  Have to return it tomorrow, but it rules, and I want to get it for sure.  Basically, I just played through the first two levels, which is really just an orientation to the controls and the environment. I don't know if this game is for everyone, as it is really like a massive kind of Mario Bros.....It could not be further from a shoot-em-up  or like that.  I just think the graphics are insane and the whole environment is just really well done.  I have not even checked out any of the online capabilities, but I have to say I had a lot of fun playing it.  A hardcore gamer might find it it a little immature, I dunno....I think it is super dope.  I bet the reviews are good.  The game is so massive, I barley scratched the surface...I'll have to get it, but I am glad I rented it first, because even though I think it is bad ass, not everyone might...

cool!

i'm assuming you know the real big 'whooptey-do' about this game is the Level Editor, and the fact that you can upload and share all of your own creations with the network for others to play or just check out. some stuff made so far ranges from exact re-creations of claSsic platformers and games all the way to performance art pieces.  i'm fairly sure you can check out you tube and already find some insane shit people have created with the software included in the game.
can't wait to get my hands on it for sure, maybe for christmas.

jedifunk

came within 2 minutes of buying a wii today... on sale at target... conferred with the wife (who actually wants one)... decided we didn't have the $$ at the moment...

she was at target an hour later and it was gone :(

we're thinking family gift from santa perhaps
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

Quote from: jedifunk on November 08, 2008, 05:56:48 PM
came within 2 minutes of buying a wii today... on sale at target... conferred with the wife (who actually wants one)... decided we didn't have the $$ at the moment...

she was at target an hour later and it was gone :(

we're thinking family gift from santa perhaps

The wii is fun...I didn;t realize there was still a shortage, but every time I am in a store and see a stack of them I think I should buy two and put 'em on ebay the week before xmas.....

jedifunk

yeah... i go to target probably at least once a week and look everytime i'm there i look to see if they have a wii... today was literally the 1st time i've seen one... which is why i thought about buying it.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

anyone here that is into RPGs at all should do themselves a favor and check out the reviews of FALLOUT 3.
this one has a video review about  half way down the page that is really good:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/924/924647p1.html

F- it. i'm goin to best buy and chargin this tomorrow. i cant wait!

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on November 08, 2008, 10:35:58 PM
anyone here that is into RPGs at all should do themselves a favor and check out the reviews of FALLOUT 3.
this one has a video review about  half way down the page that is really good:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/924/924647p1.html

F- it. i'm goin to best buy and chargin this tomorrow. i cant wait!

got it.
i'll pop back in after my two days off that i plan on spending playing this nonstop! so far its incredible.
quite possibly game of the year.

Declan

anyone play the demo yet?
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.