News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

welp, the car wouldn't start because of the -20 temp here today, so no go on cod4 yet, maybe tomorrow...

but i am however downloading the LOTR demo on xbox right now... interested to see this.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Declan

has anyone checked out red alert 3 yet?

I'm installing it as we speek
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

jedifunk

welp... i picked up COD4 today (for 360).

i've only played the single player for about 30 minutes... its pretty dope.

but truly, i don't like 1st person... which is why i always loved socom cuz it had 3rd person.

i'm guessing i'll suck as much @ this online as i always did with rainbow 6, ghost recon, and socom.

still, the graphics are sick and it will keep me busy for a little while.

as for the LOTR demo... eh it was OK.  i love the idea behind it (just like i do with SW battlefront) but some of the execution is lacking... the fight system is sorta hit or miss IMO.  and the fact that its only 8 v 8 is kinda lame.

i can't wait for the day when 32 v 32 or 64v64 is actually possible... that will make games like LOTR & battlefront way more fun.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on January 16, 2009, 03:47:05 PM
welp... i picked up COD4 today (for 360).

i've only played the single player for about 30 minutes... its pretty dope.

but truly, i don't like 1st person... which is why i always loved socom cuz it had 3rd person.

i'm guessing i'll suck as much @ this online as i always did with rainbow 6, ghost recon, and socom.

still, the graphics are sick and it will keep me busy for a little while.

as for the LOTR demo... eh it was OK.  i love the idea behind it (just like i do with SW battlefront) but some of the execution is lacking... the fight system is sorta hit or miss IMO.  and the fact that its only 8 v 8 is kinda lame.

i can't wait for the day when 32 v 32 or 64v64 is actually possible... that will make games like LOTR & battlefront way more fun.

apparently REsistnace 2 fro PS3 pulled this off very well. i dont know though first hand b/c i'm a broke sumbitch.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

i know i'm late to the COD game, but anyone here on 360 with COD4?  i'd love to join up and get killed!  holla
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

Quote from: jedifunk on January 16, 2009, 08:09:34 PM
i know i'm late to the COD game, but anyone here on 360 with COD4?  i'd love to join up and get killed!  holla

yo, look up stank kind bitch!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on January 16, 2009, 08:09:34 PM

i used to play every night  for much of last year with "the iguana" from week4paug. he's 'thxmrminor'  (i believe) on XBL.
havent spoken in awhile, but i'm sure he'd throw down with ya.

jedifunk

ok, so i already finished the single player for COD4... thats some fucking WEAK SAUCE.

it was literally like 4 hr of play time... for $45 i expect a whole lot more.  i know its more of a multiplayer game, but shit 4 hrs.

very disappointed right now.

---
on the flip side, i've realized i'm shit at multiplayer and its not worth it to even try.  i sucked at socom, i sucked at ghost recon, i sucked at rainbow 6... why do i even try?  seriously, i can't hit shit... and it gets really frustrating.

especially when i see all these other guys killin me and making it look so easy!  very upset that i spent the $45 on this game.  i should have just spent the $20 on star wars battlefront and been happy
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ok, maybe i take it back a little bit... not a lot, but a little anyways.

i just played again for about an hour and i did quite a bit better... i do so much better when there is an objective... i was stuck playing deathmatch until i could get my XP high enough...  now i've got domination, HQ, etc type of games... i do much better at that.

still though, i do suck at it... but last match i killed 11 & died only 9, which is awesome for me.  usually i'm more of a 2 kill / 10 death kinda guy.

but at least the XP builds fairly quickly... although, i'm only a  level 9, and there are guys who are like level 75!!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Quote from: jedifunk on January 17, 2009, 09:08:01 PM

i just played again for about an hour and i did quite a bit better... i do so much better when there is an objective... i was stuck playing deathmatch until i could get my XP high enough...  now i've got domination, HQ, etc type of games... i do much better at that.

still though, i do suck at it... but last match i killed 11 & died only 9, which is awesome for me.  usually i'm more of a 2 kill / 10 death kinda guy.

but at least the XP builds fairly quickly... although, i'm only a  level 9, and there are guys who are like level 75!!

I feel ya dude. I'm exactly the same way- right down to the disappointment with finishing the single play for CDO: W@W

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on January 17, 2009, 09:08:01 PM

well, one thing you should realize is that those guys that are lvl 75...actually i thought it topped off at 50, but anyway... they probably have hit lvl 50,  "prestiged", and gone back to lvl1, and leveled up to 50 and prestiged and gone back to lvl1, and etcetcetc... i think you can prestige 10 times.  i did it like 4 times before i got socom and quit playin. but mainly you are gonna get beter perks and weapons the more you level up, so hang in there. and unlike socom or rainbow COD is a much more forgiving multiplayer experience, so just  have fun its fairly cool if you just do your own thing or party up with friends.

another point i'll make is if you already finished the single player, you obviously didnt play it on the highest difficulty. the campaign is short, but in order to get the achievements on 360 try playing on teh harder difficulties..... or maybe dont, because honestly COD4 on the hardest difficulty was one of the most frustrating gaming experiences of my life... in all honesty that is the  only thing that made me hate that game!  :lol: but i still made it through most of it after Multiplemultiplemultiple deaths and restarts.

anyway, personally i've sorta moved on from playing shooters unless its a multiplayer experience i know i'm going to put a lot of time into and enjoy. single player campaigns in shooters are in one way or another a variation of every other shooter i've ever played.
though i will say COD4 was probably the coolest and best looking (as of last year at least) single player shooter campaign i can remember, albeit relatively short.

now if you really want a ' shooter' with a long campaign, pick up Fallout 3! not really a shooter at all, but you do shoot guns in a RPG style game... lots of guns! big guns! and mini nuke launchers!!!
and shit!-- you can get up to 500 hours of play time out of it!!
8-)

oh well, i hope its not a total loss bro. good news is the trade in value for COD4 is still pretty good. i think i got $35 in credit when i traded it back in nov.

anybody here ever pick up Fable 2?? i'm really surprised at all of you 360 heads that are slackin on all of the big awesome games from last year!  :samurai:
its moved up my list of games i STILL really need to pick up.
and especially since it has DLC already out..along with fallout 3s DLC and GTA4s DLC, i think i need to reup my XBL subscription and pick up all three at the same time!

sorry, one more thing.
i DID see some great news that Star wars Battlefront 3 is actually going to happen. and it will be made by the team that developed the first two. apparently there is some "real" footage floating about the net.
i'd play it.

tet

SER? 

first, what difficulty level did you play it on, normal??  try veteran dude, if you finish it in under a month, you get a cookie.

sorry you don't like the multiplayer though, that's the good shit!!  come in a party with me some time, i'll show ya the ropes.

Quote from: jedifunk on January 17, 2009, 06:26:06 PM
ok, so i already finished the single player for COD4... thats some fucking WEAK SAUCE.

it was literally like 4 hr of play time... for $45 i expect a whole lot more.  i know its more of a multiplayer game, but shit 4 hrs.

very disappointed right now.

---
on the flip side, i've realized i'm shit at multiplayer and its not worth it to even try.  i sucked at socom, i sucked at ghost recon, i sucked at rainbow 6... why do i even try?  seriously, i can't hit shit... and it gets really frustrating.

especially when i see all these other guys killin me and making it look so easy!  very upset that i spent the $45 on this game.  i should have just spent the $20 on star wars battlefront and been happy
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

thanks guys... yeah, i was a bit annoyed yesterday after finishing so quickly.... but then i played some more and i'm happy now.

in fact, i'm about to play right now!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

well, you knew it would happen...

i broke down and bought SKate 2 yesterday.
glad i did.
man, i love this game.

i didnt see any copies of 'stoked'... wonder if its out yet. it is still off everyone's radar/ havent heard squat about it yet, but it'd be nice to  see it.

as far as major releases, Afro Samarai got fairly bad reviews,,, not much else worth mentioning.

next month a couple of nice games coming out, along with a bunch of DLC for some major titiles most natbly GTA1V's "the lost and the damned" --apparently its about 1/3 the length of the original game.
i believe fallout 3 and fable 2 both released their DLC already, but GTA4's will be on teh 18th along with one of the BIGgest game releases:
STREET FIGHTER 4!
;
then one game i'm really stoked about will be out the 27th:
KIllzone 2.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

somehow i've become the guru for video games to all my younger cousins...    :?

just beat starwars: unleashed today...

hadn't touched that game until this weekend..

i've had a fun vacation so far  :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫