News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

anyone take a peak at empire total war ??

i dont think my comp could run it though  :|
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

VA $l!m

for those of us that were checking out the upcoming snowboarding game "stoked", its release got pushed back to FEb24...in fact i'm not entirely convinced it will arrive by then since my local store didnt even have it on their release radar... and sorry Caravan, it looks like its going to be for 360 only i believe. :-(

as far as some other big releases this month, i have to admit i'm sorta excited about Street Fighter 4. after seeing numerous gameplay demos this game just look sphenominal and is a total throwback to the stoned out seesions  of SF2 from the early 90s on the SNES. it WIll def. be arriving on the 17th!

and as a PS3 owner i'm VERY excited as i've finally seen a full demo and video review of KILLZONE 2. i thought i might never play another FPS, but this game might just turn out to be a classic. i think i'm gonn aget this wehn it comes out on FEB 24.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA slim on February 07, 2009, 09:20:31 PM
for those of us that were checking out the upcoming snowboarding game "stoked", its release got pushed back to FEb24...in fact i'm not entirely convinced it will arrive by then since my local store didnt even have it on their release radar... and sorry Caravan, it looks like its going to be for 360 only i believe. :-(

as far as some other big releases this month, i have to admit i'm sorta excited about Street Fighter 4. after seeing numerous gameplay demos this game just look sphenominal and is a total throwback to the stoned out seesions  of SF2 from the early 90s on the SNES. it WIll def. be arriving on the 17th!

and as a PS3 owner i'm VERY excited as i've finally seen a full demo and video review of KILLZONE 2. i thought i might never play another FPS, but this game might just turn out to be a classic. i think i'm gonn aget this wehn it comes out on FEB 24.

yeah, weird....some sites have it listed as coming out on all platforms, and some have it as a 360 exclusive  :|.....That would ind of bite it, but PS3 has a good number of exclusives, so if I had to choose between Metal Gear Solid 4 and Stoked, I'd have to go MGS4....do you have that yet Slim?  If not, I'll hit you up with my copy at Hampton...It's tight as hell....

VA $l!m

Quote from: caravan2001 on February 07, 2009, 10:21:30 PM
Quote from: VA slim on February 07, 2009, 09:20:31 PM

yeah, weird....some sites have it listed as coming out on all platforms, and some have it as a 360 exclusive  :|.....That would ind of bite it, but PS3 has a good number of exclusives, so if I had to choose between Metal Gear Solid 4 and Stoked, I'd have to go MGS4....do you have that yet Slim?  If not, I'll hit you up with my copy at Hampton...It's tight as hell....

i have the demo, and i played it a little. it IS tight as hell, but after trying it i remembered that i never really liked the franchise b/c it just takes too much patience for me sneaking around and all. though i should give it another try.
though swapping games is always a good idea. i'll keep you in mind next time i'm Done with a game, since your the only other head i really know with a PS3.

i was seriously thinking of bringing my 360 to hampton also just for kicks, but i dont really ahve any games to play anymore... maybe i could and some rentals would be fun, but seriously... i hope i Dont have time for games!  :lol:

though on a completely unrelated note i DO want to bring my skateboard, but i'd have to put in a chekced bag and i wasnt relaly planning on chekin anything... we'll see...
sorry, my minds so spinning with all the plans i need to make!
--back to you regularly scheduled video game discussion--

Caravan2001

Metal Gear does bog down a little bit with all the story line and story telling.  I was never a fan of the franchise, but MGS4 is a marvel of programming IMO....I have just been playing Littlebigplanet for the last two months.  It r00lz...

VA $l!m

Quote from: caravan2001 on February 07, 2009, 11:31:48 PM
Metal Gear does bog down a little bit with all the story line and story telling.  I was never a fan of the franchise, but MGS4 is a marvel of programming IMO....I have just been playing Littlebigplanet for the last two months.  It r00lz...

yeah, i'm still looking forward to playing that.
in fact i was in the game store today, and a little bummed that ll the big releases from this fall are still fairly expensive. i sure hope that activision and EAs problems from this holidays helps drive down the proce of games as they are trying to do.
i still need to play LBP, resistance 2--though i'll probably forgo that since Killzone 2 is coming out, but i def stilll want to play Fable 2 as well.
mainly though i'm REally looking forwar dto some of the big shit thats gonna hit this year. a lot of the traditional molds are gonna break with some new things that have never been done on consoles like some very big comc book MMOs from both Champions online and DC, as well as the espionage based MMO fro PS3- the agency. then there is things down the line LIk MAG for ps3 which promises 256 multiplayer online., and then some sweet PC ports that werent previously expected like DRagon Age origins... and a few biggies for PS3 like the new god of war and then by the end of the year both consoles will be seeing the new final fantasy.
big things big things.
personally i'm also looking forward to the proposed new PSP that is in development.
its gonna be another stellar year for gaming.

Anyone gonna pick up the DLC for GTA4?
if i still had my copy i would. its gonna have about a third the game play as the original did with i believe another 200 pts in achievements. 

rowjimmy

blatboom

I can't believe I might actually watch that whole thing

"FUCK!  this is worse than leaving YouTube comments!"  :lol:

rowjimmy

"worse than Panic at the Disco"

lol

PhishPhan

Got some Microsoft Points for V-Day. Big question mark for why someone would give me that, but aye, it doesn't hurt. Obviously doesn't stand up against the watch that I received in exchange for an iPod that I bought for someone, but whatever. Anyways, I bought Puzzle Quest (I love RPGs and puzzle games so I thought what the hey) and San Andreas since I lost my old Xbox copy. Hit 4200 GamerScore today, too.

VA $l!m

...not my thing personally, but i didnt see anybody mention that there was a 'Grateful Dead pack' out for rock band now.
--right on brother!

anyway, gonna have to suffer this week and the next and not pickup the  two new blockbusters:
Street Fighter 4 or Killzone 2, in order to save money fo hampton. ahhh, the sacrificies we make. :-)

in general my Release Radar is fairly empty for the next few months. maybe this will give me time to catch up on some of the DLC for Fallout 3 and GTA4 and the like... most notably the "lost and the Damned" expansion for GTA4 comes out tuesday.

otherwise, the big stuff comin down the pike for the rest of FEb and march until about mid april really boils down to what might be the biggest release of the first half of 09:

REsident Evil 5 on march 13.

PhishPhan

Actually that's the second Dead Pack for Rock Band. Rock Band 2 also came with Alabama Getaway. Also, Lost And The Damned looks like not it doesn't have enough content for a twenty dollar digital expansion. Has an achievement for knocking 69 bikers off their ride with a bat, it's called "Get Good Wood" :D

VA $l!m

Quote from: PhishPhan on February 15, 2009, 06:05:20 PM
Actually that's the second Dead Pack for Rock Band. Rock Band 2 also came with Alabama Getaway. Also, Lost And The Damned looks like not it doesn't have enough content for a twenty dollar digital expansion. Has an achievement for knocking 69 bikers off their ride with a bat, it's called "Get Good Wood" :D

uhh...actually it has Exactly enough content for a $20 expansion since a game costs $60 and the expansion is 1/3 the length of the game. 20/60=1/3!!   :-D

tet

i may grab Lost & Damned, it will get me playing the game again - which i still never "finished".  i'll never finish finish it, but new storylines are interesting always.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

yeah, i just like the idea of DLC for top notch games like GTA4. anything that extends an already kickass game is good in my book. of course i never even got close to finishing the original and i sold my copy back in sept i think!  :lol:

speaking of great long games with DLC taboot, i just borrowed back my copy of fallout 3 today from my friend. now this game i plan on finishing, even though it takes 100 plus hours, i wont sell it, it is by far the coolest game i've  ever played as far as an immersing detailed world RPG type thing goes. 8-)