News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

ok, woke up a little late with teh coverage of nintendo's press conference this morning, but here are the big announcements:

1. super mario bros. co-op play. out chrietmas this year.
2. super mario galaxies out next year.
3. metroid:project M(?) new 3d metroid game made in colaboration w/ team ninja --not same developers as metroid prime, this will be a in depth MATURE metriod game.
&
4.they showed off teh Wii motion plus... i saw some game demos yesterday from ubisoft, they were pretty cool.
5. they hinted at new tech such as the Wii "vitality sensor" --LAME. nice try, but its no MS PRoject NATAL.

up next sony...
ha! i'm so convinced after yesterday that there should be a RIP in front of their name every time i see it now, but we'll see...
hopefully some real game play from MAG or something at least.
back in a few hours.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

well...SONY.

wasnt as bad as i predicted.

started off sorta weak, then they finished up pretty strong.

the leak of the PSP Go announcement really killed some of their presentation, which almost half of was related to the new PSP and new PSP titles.

besides that they showed some demos of games that were coming out multiplatform, which i find stupid. though the ASssasins creed 2 demo was sweet.

they also announced that after FFXIII which is on both 360 and PS3, that FFXIV will also be out next year exclusively on PS3-- though apparently its a MMO or something...

then there was the GoD of War Demo which was dope, and all teh fanboys wept with joy.

oh yeah almost forgot, they also- ALA MS, put on a Tech demo... not as well thought out or revolutionary by any means, but still sorta cool... i guess. it involved a Wii-mote like periperhal with much more precise tracking via a PS3 eye camera- then replicated in game... whatev. they say next spring they'll have something out. we'll see about tthat.

Personally the only thing i really got into was teh M.A.G. demo. if you dont know, this is the 256 massive multiplayer online shooter developd by Zipper the former devs of the  original Socom franchise.
this game has MAD potential and honestly i'm starting to think Zipper will pull off the whole: "how will they get 256 people in a realtime FPS without massive LAG" problem that everyone's worried about. though to the masses i'm not sure if even with SONY's backing that it'll be the console saver that it could be.
    to fit in all the awesome strategy and massive multiplayer componets its gonna have to suffer on teh "Pretty" end of things a bit i think--graphically and speed wise(reported to run at 30fps). which could lessen its appeal to those outside the core genre. in other words its not gonna look like CODMW2, even if it will prob be hella more fun to play in the long run.

wheewwww.

thats it for the press events. BTW microsoft's press conf is being replayed as we speak so tune into G4 if you can to catch it.
now i just have tons of hands on demos and stuff to watch the rest of the week.

PhishPhan

VA $l!m

postin from my PS3... live demo of forza motorsprt 3 right now.. pretty sweet! waitin for the BIOWARE demos fro mass effect 2 and dragon age origins next!!!

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on June 02, 2009, 07:35:58 PM
postin from my PS3... live demo of forza motorsprt 3 right now.. pretty sweet! waitin for the BIOWARE demos fro mass effect 2 and dragon age origins next!!!
Wiebi update: he has 2 men left and 500000[[ts, about half way through the gme... slightly underpace for the record.

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on June 02, 2009, 07:46:45 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 02, 2009, 07:35:58 PM
Wiebi update: he has 2 men left and 500000[[ts, about half way through the gme... slightly underpace for the record.

last i saw he was near 800k not sure how it turned out...

though i DID see the demos for both new games from BIOWARE.
these guys are the shit.

MASS EFFECT 2---completely UNfreakin real.
&
Dragon AGE origins--ZOMG!

add to that the Star wARS old republic which they are doing as well...

wow, how the fucj can they do all that?

serious quality games.

buy stock now. ser.

VA $l!m

well, i'm still trying to catch up on ALL the insane shit from this years Expo.

comparing this year's E3 to last year's E3 is like comparing a world series Yankees/red socks game to a pre-season minor league game, SER.

quick note on Steve wiebe's Donkey Kong world record run yesterday:
on his last run he finally "beat" the game and got the "KiLL SCreen", but fell short of Billy mitchell's record. he had a score in the high900000s, not enough to top the record of 1,050,000 or whatve it is.

ANd now that the press conferences are over i have a TON of straight GAME info, commentary, and reviews to share with ya'll.

hopefully when i get some serious free time i will be able to wrangle it all in and possibly add some good Youtubes and such.

the sheer amount of upcoming releases for the next year shown at the expo is Daunting. let alone the phenominal number of 'top shelf' games that will be coming out by the end of the year.

it seems like most of the onslaught of serious game is really gonna be stacked up for the holiday season this year, with most of the 'big' titles slated for OCt and NOV release.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VA slim on June 03, 2009, 10:50:57 PM

comparing this year's E3 to last year's E3 is like comparing a world series Yankees/red socks game to a pre-season minor league game, SER.

on his last run he finally "beat" the game and got the "KiLL SCreen", but fell short of Billy mitchell's record. he had a score in the high900000s, not enough to top the record of 1,050,000 or whatve it is.

ANd now that the press conferences are over i have a TON of straight GAME info, commentary, and reviews to share with ya'll.

hopefully when i get some serious free time i will be able to wrangle it all in and possibly add some good Youtubes and such.

the sheer amount of upcoming releases for the next year shown at the expo is Daunting. let alone the phenominal number of 'top shelf' games that will be coming out by the end of the year.

it seems like most of the onslaught of serious game is really gonna be stacked up for the holiday season this year, with most of the 'big' titles slated for OCt and NOV release.

your enthusiasum of this topic makes me smile everytime i open this thread to read it...

and makes me want to get home and buy more games for me Wii :P
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VA $l!m

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 04, 2009, 10:38:59 AM
Quote from: VA slim on June 03, 2009, 10:50:57 PM

your enthusiasum of this topic makes me smile everytime i open this thread to read it...

and makes me want to get home and buy more games for me Wii :P

right on sister!

i actually even payed attention to the nintendo stuff from this E3.
every company came hard, and nintendo was no exception!

BIG things to look out for by the end of the year for the "serious" nintendo gamer.

1.the new SUper MArioBros. will be th efirst "traditionally" styled MArio title for the Wii. in other words its 2-d side scrolling classic action... and it looks super dope.
2. METROID! the new metroid, another beloved nintendo classic for sure, is going in the oposite direction by teaming up with a very mature third party developer. it will be a super intense dramatic 3-d action adaptation, with serious violence and drama. from the demo i saw this could be the coolest Wii game to date.
3.Red Steel 2: this game will be bundled with the new Wii motion plus due out this holiday season. the new adaptor for the WIimote will allow much more precise controls and this game will demonstrate the new capabilties fully with its intense KAtana action!
4.THE conduit: if you havent heard about it, this is the First BIG FirstPErsonShooter developed exclusively for the WIi. as well as the single person campaign, this game will feature a very indepth online multiplayer setup, also adding new features that have never been seen before to the online wii network.
5. and super mariobros galaxies in '10

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VA slim on June 04, 2009, 10:50:24 AM
3.Red Steel 2: this game will be bundled with the new Wii motion plus due out this holiday season. the new adaptor for the WIimote will allow much more precise controls and this game will demonstrate the new capabilties fully with its intense KAtana action!

i could get behind this one.

thanks for the news, slim. :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Bobafett

yeah, that mario bros. does look like some good ole fun...and another galaxies.  i don't know if i will ever understand why i like mario so much, but i think it has do with smoking dope and playing mario 3 stoned out of my gourd for hours on end!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Bobafett on June 04, 2009, 11:09:22 AM
yeah, that mario bros. does look like some good ole fun...and another galaxies.  i don't know if i will ever understand why i like mario so much, but i think it has do with smoking dope and playing mario 3 stoned out of my gourd for hours on end!

or this reason...

VA $l!m

oh... i think i briefly mentioned it earlier in the coverage, but out of clusterF- of AWEsome trailers for upcoming titles, by FAR the BEST hand down--the one that collectively slammed the 1000s of geeks in attendance's jaws to the floor was from the collaborative minds at BIOWARE and Lucas ARTS for:
the new STAR WArs MMO the old rebublic.

since i cant enbed video currently, you MUST!- i BEg of you follow this link and check this sh-- out!!  :-o :-o
FREEAKINA FREAKINAWESOMENessexponentialz!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

VA $l!m

can anyone help me with finding  the best way to hook up my PS3/ 360 to my modem wirelessly.

i have never learned how to set up a wireless network b4, but i'm hoipng to buy a router or somethin to make it happen...

with the PS3 the wirelss is built in, and i guess i'm not too worried about havin it for my 360 at this point.

I dont even really WANT to go wireless, but i am jsut sick of running a 50ft ethrenet cable up the stairs from the basement evey time i want to go online. also, besides the wireless i really need a router or anothe rmodem or some solution so i dont have to unplug my Fams PC out of th MODEM to get online with my PS3...currently i have to unhook the PCS connectino tothe modema and then hook the ethernet from my PS# dirrectly into the modem.

Even thought th esolution might not be the best for gaming, i would even like to have a solution available jut have for browsing the web with my PS3 or connecting to other services that dont neccesarily rewuire top transfer speeds.

if anyone can suggest some solutions, LMK.

i also once considered buying a second modem. and then having it branch off of the cable i run to my TV... not sur eif that workds/splits the bandwidth or what... i aske the cable company one time and they didnt wnat to do it.

jedifunk

well i believe the ps3 has built in wireless, but the xbox does not, so you'd have to pay for their thing or string an ethernet cable to it.

after that its pretty easy
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio