News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on June 07, 2009, 05:54:21 PM
well i believe the ps3 has built in wireless, but the xbox does not, so you'd have to pay for their thing or string an ethernet cable to it.

after that its pretty easy

yeah thats the deal, and i'm fine with just gettin the PS3 hooked up-- or "un-wired up" as it were.
anyway, i have these gift certificated to best buy so i was looking at routers or whtever today once i found out they were still sold out of INFAMOUS!! :evil: :frustrated:

i'll be honest though, i am very confused about how th ewhole wireless network thing works... i have NEVER set up a single wireless network of any kind. and i havent even ever used a router with a computer.
basically all i've ever done is unplug this PC from the modem and plugged in an ethernet that runs to my VId game console.

i guess i'lll have to post another "i'm a n00b and i need help setting up a network" thread in the tech forum.

i dont even know what equipment i need to buy and if it will work with the PC i have or if a signal will reach to my basement or how any of this type of thing works.
all i know is that everyone in my house is sick of tripping over my ethernet/ or umbilical cord as they call it when i am online playing SOCOM for 10 hours at a time!  :lol:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

you could probably save yourself the $$ and use internet sharing via your computer.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on June 07, 2009, 07:02:44 PM
you could probably save yourself the $$ and use internet sharing via your computer.

Ok i'll bite. WTF is that?

i'm tellin ya bro, i really am LOST when it comes to anything that doesnt plug into n ethernet or USB port.

jedifunk

if your PC has a wireless card, you could use it as a sort of router to share the internet connection with the ps3
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on June 07, 2009, 08:01:12 PM
if your PC has a wireless card, you could use it as a sort of router to share the internet connection with the ps3

it most def doesnot have a wireless card.

VA $l!m

got infamous today... wish i had time to play it. :|

birdman

Quote from: VA slim on June 10, 2009, 12:25:05 AM
I've been getting an hour or so in a day with this game. Loving it so far.
Thanks for the recommendation, Slim. I wouldn't have heard of this game if not for your posts here!
+K
Paug FTMFW!

VA $l!m

Quote from: birdman on June 10, 2009, 06:10:36 AM
Quote from: VA slim on June 10, 2009, 12:25:05 AM
I've been getting an hour or so in a day with this game. Loving it so far.
Thanks for the recommendation, Slim. I wouldn't have heard of this game if not for your posts here!
+K

coool man! glad i can help!
i just started gettin into it today and i gotta say that the game is Excellent!

& i have another reccomendation for those of you that dont own a PS3 but might be interested in a game similar to infamous. available mulitplatform today is PROTOTYPE. it also is a somewhat 'open-world' super mutated hero type of game. a little more on the violent side, you play a infected shapeshifter that absorbs power from your enemies, etc. its getting very good reviews and xplay gives it the thumbs up- 4 out of 5.

here's some additional info if you're intersted:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/prototype/index.html

the rest of the serious heavy hitters for the summer wont really start rollin in until august. though i must say that one more title is interested me a bit- fight night round 4. the boxing sim from EA has always been a winner, and i was really amazed by the demos of this installment that i saw at E3. check it out if thats your cup of tea.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/fightnightround4/index.html?tag=result;title;0

i guess this is a good time to also mention another tidbit i picked up from E3, that EA will be developing a MMA franchise. the UFC undisputed game that came out last month proves that there is a HUGE market for this genre, and i'm thinking EA will do their best to become the definitive source for yet another piece of the sports video game pie.

Undermind

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174726

Guitar Hero World Tour DLC for June Announced
Ben Harper and Relentless7 and Phish both offer three-packs of tracks for Guitar Hero World Tour this month.

By Dustin Quillen, 06/10/2009

IGN scored the scoop on the rest of Guitar Hero World Tour's DLC for the month of June. Concrete pricing details weren't revealed, but expect the following pair of three-packs to fall in line with the usual $5.49 (440 Microsoft points) per bundle, with individual tracks expected to go for $1.99 (160 Microsoft points, 200 Wii Points).
Ben Harper Track Pack -- June 18
"Number with No Name" by Ben Harper and Relentless7
"Shimmer & Shine" by Ben Harper and Relentless7
"Fly One Time" by Ben Harper and Relentless7
Phish Live Track Pack -- June 25
"Sample in a Jar" by Phish
"Down with Disease" by Phish
"Chalk Dust Torture" by Phish
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

rowjimmy

VA $l!m

slim recommends EAs FIGHT NIGHT rnd. 4 .

played the demo, its very cool. i'm not a Huge boxing fan either, but this game is perfection.
Xplay gave it 5 out of 5 as well.
i might have to trade a few things in to get it.
Not much else out in teh next few months...

...Unless yo uown a Wii. the COnduit
should be out this week i think. its getting a lot of hype. havent seen the reviews yet, butit sthe first REAL FPS developed soley for the Wii. they actually even addeda bunch of online multiplayer features that havent been available for  wii games in the past, such as a voicechat feature.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: VA slim on June 26, 2009, 03:15:18 PM
should be out this week i think. its getting a lot of hype. havent seen the reviews yet, butit sthe first REAL FPS developed soley for the Wii. they actually even added a bunch of online multi-player features that havent been available for  wii games in the past, such as a voice chat feature.

saw this commercial today....

might have to get this one....
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VA $l!m

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 02, 2009, 05:58:07 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 26, 2009, 03:15:18 PM
should be out this week i think. its getting a lot of hype. havent seen the reviews yet, butit sthe first REAL FPS developed soley for the Wii. they actually even added a bunch of online multi-player features that havent been available for  wii games in the past, such as a voice chat feature.

saw this commercial today....

might have to get this one....

just actually watched a review for it...... eh, well apparently the single player is sorta meh, but the multiplayer saves it. so unless you plan on spending more time playing FPS' than actually working- like i do, then i'd recommend it as a rental.

blatboom

have you d00ds seen this site?  http://www.virtualnes.com/index.html

looks like they have just about every NES game ever made.  no need to d/l anything, just play.

this was the hardest freaking game ever
http://www.virtualnes.com/play/?id=NES-GG&s=6

VA $l!m

just had a great idea!

i'm gonna grab Fight Night Round 4 so i can bring my 360 (or PS3) to Red Rocks, and rage some classic Tyson/ ALi Bouts late nite after the shows!!

:rawk: