News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Album Listened To?

Started by August, May 21, 2006, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Quote from: mattstick on May 28, 2020, 09:39:41 PM
It took me almost 44 years to realize that this is the greatest country record ever recorded...

Gram Parsons - Grevious Angel

thanks for posting this.  enjoying it now!

mistercharlie

RTJ4

Just listened for the first time while cutting the grass. Very timely release.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

New Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist - Alfredo

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 05, 2020, 11:49:30 AM
RTJ4

Just listened for the first time while cutting the grass. Very timely release.

Sofa king good.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Few albums I jammed at work recently

Bibio - Vingetting the Compost
Explosions in the Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever
Parliament - Mothership Connection
Sneez - Lost in the Trees (really dig this one, new release. Atmospheric ambient, a lot of field recording to make this album)
Mogwai - Young Team
Portishead - Portishead
Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind EP
The Orb - Moonbuilding 2703 AD (bonus track release with mixes by Wolfgang Voigt and Teebs) this is probably one of my all time favorite albums at this point. I know most of you aren't big on electronic music, but I'd 100% recommend this album!
Natural Snow Buildings - Dance of the Moon and the Sun (recently found this duo from Texas, experimental/drone/folk, they've got a pretty deep discography and they're pretty awesome... If you like drone folk music lol)
Loscil - Bannockburn
Animal Collective - Meeting of the Waters

And earlier in the week I crushed through most of the Modest Mouse/Ugly Cassinova discographies. Don't like their newest couple albums, so I skipped those.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Hicks

Yeah dude, huge Orb fan, almost as obsessive about them as teh Phishes.

Love Moonbuilding too, definitely the best thing they've done since their classic 90s albums. I don't know if the version you're listening to has the Dilla tribute Moon Quake tracks but they're awesome too.

And if you've never heard Live 93 get on it, album changed my life.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ph92

Quote from: Hicks on June 06, 2020, 01:34:09 PM

Love Moonbuilding too, definitely the best thing they've done since their classic 90s albums. I don't know if the version you're listening to has the Dilla tribute Moon Quake tracks but they're awesome too.

I was thinking there was a 3rd remix, how could I forget Dilla?! I would definitely agree with that, though. Although another album that gets heavy rotation is the Baghdad Batteries. But yeah Live 93 is awesome, I should give it another spin, it's been a while.

I really dig the Alpine EP they put out recently too. Real good stuff there.
Make America Melt Again!

Hicks

Quote from: ph92 on June 07, 2020, 11:34:44 PM

I was thinking there was a 3rd remix, how could I forget Dilla?! I would definitely agree with that, though. Although another album that gets heavy rotation is the Baghdad Batteries. But yeah Live 93 is awesome, I should give it another spin, it's been a while.

Lulz no it's not a Dilla remix, Dilla had been long gone when Moonbuilding came out.

I'm talking about the three bonus tracks on this version that are a tribute to Dilla: 

https://www.discogs.com/The-Orb-Moonbuilding-2703-AD/release/7144376

And there's two more different bonus tracks on the Japanese version: 

https://www.discogs.com/The-Orb-Moonbuilding-2703-AD/release/7199512

The follow up, Chill Out World is strictly an ambient affair, but quite good too.

They've put out two more albums since then which were more mixed bags, but some good stuff to be had there too. The most recent, The Abolition of the Royal Familia just came out a couple months ago.

Apparently it was recorded last year, but this is some eerily prophetic shit right here:

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ph92

Quote from: Hicks on June 08, 2020, 12:45:02 AM
Quote from: ph92 on June 07, 2020, 11:34:44 PM

Love Moonbuilding too, definitely the best thing they’ve done since their classic 90s albums. I don’t know if the version you’re listening to has the Dilla tribute Moon Quake tracks but they’re awesome too.

And if you’ve never heard Live 93 get on it, album changed my life.

Lulz no it’s not a Dilla remix, Dilla had been long gone when Moonbuilding came out.

I’m talking about the three bonus tracks on this version that are a tribute to Dilla: 

https://www.discogs.com/The-Orb-Moonbuilding-2703-AD/release/7144376

And there’s two more different bonus tracks on the Japanese version: 

https://www.discogs.com/The-Orb-Moonbuilding-2703-AD/release/7199512

The follow up, Chill Out World is strictly an ambient affair, but quite good too.

They’ve put out two more albums since then which were more mixed bags, but some good stuff to be had there too. The most recent, The Abolition of the Royal Familia just came out a couple months ago.

Apparently it was recorded last year, but this is some eerily prophetic shit right here:

Lol, you're definitely right about that. For some reason I thought Moonbuilding was much older. And Chill Out, World is great, too.

And I'll have to check out those Japanese release bonus tracks.

I did not like that release with Lee Scratch Perry.
Make America Melt Again!

mattstick

I stumbled my way into this live Emmylou Harris album from 1982, "Last Date"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Date_(Emmylou_Harris_album)

Lots of covers and a showcase for the "Hot Band", really nice take on Springsteen's Racing In The Street and a haunting take of Gram Parsons' Return if the Grevious Angel

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Watched the Keith doc this morning and wanted to listen to this as it's been at least a cpl years.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Steven Wilson - The Future Bites

Still waiting for the German vinyl to arrive. Comes with a bonus 7".
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Carnage

Vinyl/CD on May 28, same date as the first of the Can Live series albums. I've cleared my schedule for that day and made a note to switch off my phone.
Twitter | FB | Instagram