News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1994/07/08 - Great Woods - Mansfield, MA - Not LST

Started by Hicks, August 04, 2020, 09:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

This is legit one of the best Phish vids I've ever seen, VHS 4 LYPHE!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

i woulda been so done after that stash. like, i can die now done.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 04, 2020, 10:55:59 PM
Yeah. That's the granddaddy of all Stashes.

A Live One was my first Phish album so I've pretty much compared every Stash to that one since hearing it.  It's a perfect version.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Mike's moves during Stash = almost as funky as James Brown on his worst night. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on August 04, 2020, 11:11:54 PM

He and trey used to have a whole routine for Stash. You see trey actively giving up on it in this vid. Haha
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 04, 2020, 11:14:22 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 04, 2020, 11:11:54 PM

He and trey used to have a whole routine for Stash. You see trey actively giving up on it in this vid. Haha

Did not know that, cool!

cactusfan

Watched it late last night.
Whew.
They played the hell out of that show.

pcr3

That was incredible.  Sadly, my first show was the following night.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Caravan2001

Quote from: pcr3 on August 05, 2020, 01:22:13 PM

Next night is arguably a better show, without the coolness factor of Gamehendge.  I wouldn't complain about catching that one.  I mean, there are probably 20 better shows in 94 then the one they picked, but that just goes to show how consistent they were back then.  And Gamehendge is cool, but there are so many smokers from this era.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 05, 2020, 03:30:46 PM

Next night is arguably a better show, without the coolness factor of Gamehendge.  I wouldn't complain about catching that one.  I mean, there are probably 20 better shows in 94 then the one they picked, but that just goes to show how consistent they were back then.  And Gamehendge is cool, but there are so many smokers from this era.

Yeah kinda surprising they haven't released Big Birch yet.

We don't really need it because we already have the SBD, but that's never stopped them before. 

pcr3

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 05, 2020, 03:30:46 PM

Yeah, didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. Just wish I had caught both shows that weekend at Great Woods. Probably would have if I had made it into the Mann show a week before and seen what a show was actually like. Instead I hugged a tire in the lot after ingesting roughly a tenstrip... :wtu:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sls.stormyrider

When they announced that broadcast I was excited about Gamehenge. I forgot how great the 2 set was
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

jam>

My thoughts exactly. That second set! I only caught Sugarbush that summer because I was busy following the Dead around the country which was a hell of an adventure actually, but I clearly missed some prime Phish.