News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Halloween Poll 2 of 2

Started by anthrax, November 04, 2020, 05:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Mine will be different,  will yours?

mattstick

susep

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

cactusfan

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

Best Halloween jam?

94 - Reba
95 - YEM
96 - Simple
98 - Wolman's

Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

khalpin

cactusfan

So... when considering the whole show, the best single jam is what decides it.

Interesting.

Caravan2001

Quote from: cactusfan on November 05, 2020, 08:36:03 PM

Interesting.

lol....I was shooting from the hip, didn't give it too much thought.  I'd probably go 94 for the first and second sets.  98 drives me nuts because of the aborted ghost.  I'm still sore over that.

cactusfan

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 05, 2020, 09:55:24 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on November 05, 2020, 08:36:03 PM

Interesting.

lol....I was shooting from the hip, didn't give it too much thought.  I'd probably go 94 for the first and second sets.  98 drives me nuts because of the aborted ghost.  I'm still sore over that.

Is that just a thing people like to claim because Ghost wasn't as long as it usually was? As in "I could totally tell Trey was pissed off and he cut it short!" Or is there some actual quote of Trey saying this? Because if you listen to the whole set, it's a beautiful piece of music, with a beginning, middle, and end. Sure, if you just listen to the Ghost, it's not nearly as exciting as the best versions. But it's always played to me as a lovely hour long set of mostly trippy ambient music.

mattstick

Trey literally put his guitar down and walked off stage while the others were still playing.

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 05, 2020, 01:20:00 PM
Best Halloween jam?

94 - Reba
95 - YEM
96 - Simple
98 - Wolman's

um...you forgot phish jamming Black Sabbath!  ha ha...i totally agree with your above list.  i went '95.  no surprise.  i'm sure i'm biased because i was there, but i was at 98 too and that didn't sway me in the least.  oh that 95 show...changed my life. 

there were certainly some casualties around us during that yem.  sure it was towards the end of a late/long night, but we were all a lot younger!